Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelounge lizard
enthusiast
Loc: Midwest
water content for rye
    #321555 - 05/20/01 11:26 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

For those of you out there that use rye, after you presoak, how much water do you add per quart jar. I'm afraid that the usual 1/4-2/3 cup of water will just lead to the onset of wetspot. Any suggestions?

"I feel cheated, where can I get the stuff that makes eggs look like brains?" --Bill Hicks

--------------------
"I feel cheated, where can I get  the stuff that makes eggs look like brains?" --Bill Hicks
Support the FSR:D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: water content for rye [Re: lounge lizard]
    #321566 - 05/20/01 11:37 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If you presoak it for 24 hours or simmer it for 1 hour, then you shouldn?t need to add any additional water.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
    #321700 - 05/20/01 02:17 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i've presoaked for 24 hours, and then added no water--only gypsum. this seemed to have worked better than steeping.

--------------------

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
    #321758 - 05/20/01 03:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I posted this in another thread recently. I thought it might be applicable here:

For RYE BERRIES not straw: I place 2 1/2 cups of rye GRAIN in a 1 quart jar. I like to rinse the grain with tap water. Do this by puttin some tap water in, give it a shake and strain out with the lid. Repeat once or twice if desired. Be sure to shake out all the tap water you can. Then, I fill the jar right up to the neck with mineral water (try to find a brand w/o magnesium). Place the lid on and let that jar sit 24-30 hours and then drain off any remaining water in the jar. There is ususally not much. The grain can be split into 6 half pints about 2/3 full for shaking, mixed into substrate formulas, or just PCed in the quart jar. I like to PC the rye for an hour at 12-15 psi. The same for any substrate containing rye. The jars can be placed in a covered rubbermade with the lids cracked. Shakable jars can be innoculated with: small chunks of cakes (to extend your existing work), slices from agar work or just plain spore water from a syringe. If using spore water, shake the jar after introducing the spores. The others can be shaken after about three days and every day or two after that. Shakable jars can colonize like the wind. A half pint jar (with a chunk of cake or piece of agar) filled 2/3 to 3/4 full will colonize in about 6-8 days when this shaking schedule is followed. Use the rye for whatever you wish. Spread it out and case it just the way it is OR better yet, use it to innoculate some wheat straw or compost. I hope this helps a little.

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains