Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, DXM, Nitrous Oxide, pH Test Strips, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineflyboy217
Stranger
Blacking out (on purpose!)
    #3215087 - 10/04/04 07:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone here ever tried blacking out? Perhaps that sounds a little strange, but my friend informs me that it's an extremely intense experience that he considers at least on-par with shrooms, and perhaps more similar to DMT (which he has never tried). It goes like this:

He sits low in a big cushy chair (one that can catch his fall) and hyperventilates, by breathing rapidly in and out for 30-45 sec. Then he sucks in a deep breath and stands up with his chest out, holding his breath. After 5-10 seconds, the world starts fading, he blacks out, and collapses on the couch. When he comes to, the world explodes in a crazy array of colors, and he's incredibly euphoric. The afterglow lasts the whole day.

Is this a well-known experience? Anyone ever try it?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Blacking out (on purpose!) [Re: flyboy217]
    #3215125 - 10/04/04 07:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

*insert the usual "it's soooo dangerous and stupid" reply here*

But yes... I've tried it a long time ago, and had very bizarre experiences, on par with psychedellics like your friend said. I don't however recommend lowering your intake of oxygen as it can be very bad :smile:

--------------------

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #3215547 - 10/04/04 09:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

We used to do that. A bit different though. You would crouch down, stare at the floor, breathe deeply 5-6 times, stand up put your thumb in your mouth and blow. Pretty interesting. Why is it so dangerous and stupid?

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out (on purpose!) [Re: Heffy]
    #3215795 - 10/04/04 10:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oxygen deprivation is bad

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinesploogepanz55
zoinks!
Male
Loc: Oregon!
    #3215798 - 10/04/04 10:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

its dangerous and stupid because you are depriving your brain and body of precious oxygen. This destroys brain cells, thus the hallucinations.

--------------------
We can't stop here, this is bat country! -HST

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3215850 - 10/04/04 10:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It's really nothing different than passing out on nos.
But we used to do that when we were kids. We'd press down on the chest until the kid passed out. Pretty stupid... I think we were lucky because we weren't strong enough to stop the heart, just reduce the capacity a lot.

Anyways, Brain can(it's can, not will) survive for 3 minutes with no blood circulation. So, I suppose it isn't that risky for 30-45. But it's still stupid and idiotic to mess with your brain like that. Shrooms and other psychoactive drugs don't interfere with respatory or circulatory function. Those two are the highest priority when someone is being sedated for medical procedures...

Okay, enough stuff. It's bad, evil, don't do it! Just spend a few bucks on paint thinner if you want to kill your brain. If you really want a psychedelic experience, just whip out a twenty, and get yourself the REAL DEAL!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out (on purpose!) [Re: Sam1912]
    #3216268 - 10/05/04 12:26 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You are supposed to take breaths of air when you inhale n20. If you don't, you are depriving your brain of oxygen.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3216373 - 10/05/04 12:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Really? I thought the whole point of N2O was to hold it in to raise the N2O concentration in the blood to >15%, which would be pretty hard unless you have a regulator to mix O2 and N2O like at the dentists' office.

I know trying to max on each hit makes people pass out. What's the body's blood flow cycle? 2 min on the average about right?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3216387 - 10/05/04 12:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oops.. I meant 1.5% NOT 15%. Don't try 15% guys.. You'd be long dead.

Sam

--------------------

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out (on purpose!) [Re: Sam1912]
    #3216411 - 10/05/04 12:56 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

From Erowid:

Most of the acute dangers associated with Nitrous Oxide are related to accidents during ingestion. In medical applications, Nitrous is dispensed in combination with Oxygen. Inhaling Nitrous alone is not required to get full effects, the effects are the result of the nitrous in the system, not of oxygen deprivation. It is important for users to take breaths of air between hits.

Nitrous basics

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3216486 - 10/05/04 01:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yup. But how do you propose to get >1.5% n2o concentration in your blood? Injection is out of the question. If you have a regulator and a pure oxygen supply, you are lucky. Otherwise, get a balloon, inhale and exhale into the balloon until you had enough. Or you can just inhale from the cartridge and hold it. In any method readily available, oxygen deprevation is unavoidable.

Now, if you are stupid like me, you'd want to get as high as possible, and breath your balloon until you don't know what's going on and pass out every so often. It's bad, I know... but these things happen...

BTW, if the oxygen level falls below 17% from what you are breathing, you are going to pass out. Just in case you are going to throw that in my face.

Also, I've stopped N2O long time ago to stuff i enjoy more and safer. N2O and DXM were great, but so much compromise in their use.

Sam

--------------------

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
    #3217788 - 10/05/04 12:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Me and my buddies did this a few times except we just take a big ass toke and someone pushes your chest up against a wall or something. I remember watching this little black kid fall forward and start twitching and shit. This one time I did it I was in a friends room.. took a big ass toke my buddy bearhugs me.. I remember looking at the TV watching some rap video it was all blurry and shit I felt like I was watching it for like 5 minutes when all of a sudden I got up I didn't know what the fuck just happened I thought I just smoked laced buds or something I was like WTF!? Than I remembered... That was really strange I coulda swore I was just lying there watching the TV. My friends say my eyes were closed when I was "watching the TV" I was lying down on my head forward on a chair it was some really strange shit. One time we did it to this asian kid and he passed out against a fence sitting on the ground, like 10-15 secs later he wakes up and says he had a mad fucked up dream (this was without taking a toke)

EDIT: My friends used to always make fun of me because I got up and I was like WTF!? I thought I just smoked PCP (just being gay their all saying shit like "WTF, how do you know what its like to smoke PCP"

Edited by sHrOoMeRrR420 (10/05/04 12:55 PM)

Offlineflyboy217
Stranger
    #3217861 - 10/05/04 01:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I always told him he was stupid for doing it, but now I'm not so sure. Do you really think the hallucinogenic effect is from oxygen deprivation? Why couldn't it be something like endogenous DMT, like has been proposed for near-death experiences and lucid dreams?

Also, I thought that the blacking out wasn't due to oxygen deprivation at all (since he is HYPERventilating), but rather changes in blood pH. So I gave it a try. The passing out feels pretty much like fainting from dehydration, although I didn't get nearly all the way to blackout.

Meh.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#3217884 - 10/05/04 01:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hyperventilation occurs when a person takes quick, shallow breaths from the top of their chest. These quick, shallow breaths reduce the level of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the blood. This reduced level of carbon dioxide causes the arteries to constrict, reducing the flow of blood throughout the body. When this occurs, our brain and body will experience a shortage of oxygen.

http://www.parasolemt.com.au/Manual/hyperventilation.asp

--------------------

Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

#3217906 - 10/05/04 01:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

gonna try it now...

WOW! shit! that's not a bad experience. I didnt do it with real fervour because i don't want brain damage but i did lose my vision and get weak-kneed. i lay down and the world swam back into view, with some very breif bright colours and a big tingly sensation right through me. kinda fun really :o)

--------------------

Edited by hermanntrude (10/05/04 01:50 PM)

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
    #3219581 - 10/05/04 08:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Taking a big hit of weed, standing up against a wall with your back to it, crossing your arms and grabbing your shoulders (deathbead position) and having someone lean/press on the cross your arms make will put you out and give you the most massive high afterwards.

--------------------
ich essen die mushmush

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #3219897 - 10/05/04 09:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

In many ways I find it comparable to a salvia experience.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Blacking out (on purpose!) [Re: Heffy]
    #3220266 - 10/05/04 10:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Pure DXM is an experience not to be missed very powerful dissociative compared to that of the illegals PCP and Ketamine its somwhere in the middle of them but its a crazy trip for sure

Nitrous is just as good as getting shitface drunk in my opinion so id rather get drunk

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3220297 - 10/05/04 11:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You can do this but 100% completely safe and get better results.

Carbogen, also known as "Meduna's Mixture", is a simple blend of carbon dioxide and oxygen gases. Exact percentages can vary, but the method of action remains the same.

The human body needs to breathe oxygen in order to sustain life. The normal atmosphere is made up of approximately 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen and 1% argon. Additionally, as mammals breathe in and process oxygen, they also breathe out carbon dioxide (CO2), so there is carbon dioxide around mammals, especially indoors.

Interestingly, as a warning system, the human body monitors carbon dioxide levels in the lungs. If carbon dioxide levels increase, this traditionally means that oxygen levels have decreased. If carbon dioxide levels increase above a certain point, the body sends out a warning. If you hold your breath, you will quickly feel the need to breathe. This is the result of increasing carbon dioxide levels in the lungs triggering the warning system. Initially, this warning produces a sensation of not being able to breathe / needing to breath, as well as causing deeper breaths. A common treatment for hyperventilation (where breathing quickens and shallows), is to breathe into a paper bag. As the hyperventilating person exhales into the bag, the relative levels of carbon dioxide increase...as they breathe in the higher than normal levels of carbon dioxide, they begin to breathe more deeply.

The warning system (at the simplest level, a feeling of not being able to breathe) will be triggered regardless of whether or not oxygen levels have dropped below normal. While normal atmosphere is 21% oxygen, humans can get by with even less oxygen...however, if a mixture of even 50% oxygen and 50% carbon dioxide is breathed, the body responds as though it is not getting enough oxygen.

Carbogen, or "Meduna's Mixture" is a combination of carbon dioxide and oxygen which contains plenty of oxygen for a human to breathe, but which also has higher than normal levels of carbon dioxide. When taken intentionally to trigger an abreaction it can also cause feelings of panic and anxiety.

Dose
Normally, the air we breath is 21% oxygen. When the atmospheric oxygen drops below 17%, people get extremely disoriented. When it drops to between 6 and 10%, people can't breath. Meduna's mixture combines 70% oxygen with 30% CO2 and is inhaled repeatedly (5-15 breaths seems plenty for most people).

Law
Neither carbon dioxide nor oxygen are controlled substances anywhere in the world. However, getting tanks of pure medical grade gases can be difficult.

History
Carbogen was used in combination with psychedelic therapy (primarily in the 1960's), as a introductory experience to test how a person would react to unusual and difficult sensations. After ten or fifteen lungfuls, users reported relatively profound or strong experiences such as 'reliving childhood trauma'. If an individual paniced or had a particularly bad response to carbogen, a therapist might choose not to go ahead with the psychedelic session.

Slang
The Substance: Carbogen, Meduna's Mixture

www.erowid.org

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Blacking out (on purpose!) [Re: d33p]
    #3220522 - 10/05/04 11:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This is bad bad article to read without reading more about CO2.
RELLAY REALLY BAD!!!!

30% CO2 wotj 70% O2 will be lethal. In hyperbaric chamers, treatments are conducted in high pressure around 60 ft or about 47PSIG using 5% O2, 95% pure O2. This is dangerous because just about everything can blow up into a fire that burns hundreds times faster than gasoline. Anyways, aside from fire/explosion hazard, you are risking yourself of death by CO2 poisoning.

O2 level in atmosphere is less than 18% becomes dangers and 17% risking unconsciousness. The our red blood cells carry iron based hemoglobins that carry the gases. It can carry O2 or CO2. When carrying CO2, it look dark red, and when carrying bright red, which is an indicated used by medical professionals as to help locate where the bleeding might be from. Anycase, excess CO2 level will suffocate brain by robbing body of valuable O2 carriers. Most likely with high CO2, you'll hyperventilate until you go into hypoxia and then stop breathing as your respiratory system is shut down.

Simply put, don't mess with CO2. It's very unwise to mess with basic body functions. Stick with psychedelics.

Sam

http://www.yarchive.net/med/co2_poisoning.html

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, DXM, Nitrous Oxide, pH Test Strips, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience