Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Infinite Symbiosis
    #3214943 - 10/04/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I recently came back from one of my most precious natural power spots. In such areas the life-force energy is so strong that all my thoughts are amplified and I get the chance to study my thoughts as though watching them projected on a blank white screen. It can be amazing the media trash that must be thrown out in order to think and see things clearly.

I have decided to reveal the single most important thing people need to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible:

The single most important things to know is that the entire universe is sentient, aware and alive to the subatomic level and beyond. Earth is a living being and part of the universal family of the Living and Sentient Spirit of Nature. There are certain laws that humans must follow, in one way or another, in order to attract the very best the Spirit has to offer humanity. The most well known of these immutable laws is that what goes around comes back around. It is the nature of the planets to revolve and this is, without a doubt, the most important law of the Living Spirit of Nature that people need to recognize and live in harmony with in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible. Still, if the Spirit is set against you no act of yours will stop the Spirit from crushing your lives. You cannot supersede the will of the Spirit by being ?nice?. I have learned that nice is not good enough, as far as the Spirit of Nature is concerned. I have learned and developed the art of sustaining a romantic symbiotic relationship with the Spirit. This is practically impossible to do, but the love from my power spots for my original music has now grown beyond anything I imagined could be possible. For about twelve years I was a professional musical entertainer and I have had more standing ovations than I feel I deserve. Still, nothing compares to the love of the Spirit of Nature for my?rather (((OUR))) music that I am inspired to call: Embryonic Music (the song of life).

So now I have revealed the most important thing and I'm willing to bet that it will do none of you any good for unless this is personally revealed by the Living Spirit to you personally I don?t see how you can possibly believe. I sure wouldn?t be able to.

:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Infinite Symbiosis [Re: ]
    #3215041 - 10/04/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's true that there is no substitute to experience.

For you, this unfolding realization has brough much marvel and you have acclaimed it the single most important. While this may be the case, subjectively to you, do not forget where your experience ends and others' begin.

I could just as easily try and make your truth appear unworthy of the label of being the "single most important" one, but I will not, for I also have realized the beauty of diversified and seperate realities, as you put it, symbiotically weaving this consensus experience.

But obviously, we are all below you, oh great master. Please demonstrate more of these great realizations to us meager sewerfolk :smile:

Edit: Forgot to add... good post :smile:. Seriously. If it wasn't for your pretentious and self-serving attitude, I would have based my reply completely differently  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by deff (10/04/04 05:40 PM)

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#3215053 - 10/04/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i hear ya loud and clear!

is that a picture of your most precious spot? looks amazing.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3215141 - 10/04/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Deff, touched on what I was going to reply. Lots of people here have had those beyond awe inspiring, humbling experiences that there are just no words for. While in them, you feel as if you found THE crown jewel. And then you have another and another and another each wwith THE crown jewel and soon, a crown jewel becomes finding a plant that can bloom flowers year round in Florida, cuz it never ends and when you realise that, you turn back towards the jewels under our noses.

Raise your hands if you have had life altering ephiphany after ephinany? LOL

My last one was about "relating" being the purpose of life and most important thing to know. LOL

Non the less, those experiences are wonderful and not privy to a few.

Elaborate more if you will on HOW and WHY spirit is against WHO and WHAT? You lost me there big time.

Coming back to planet earth, where are those pictures from? They look like Hawaii. One of them in the other post looked like Luminei beach. I use to live in kauai, power spot mecca, that place is a trip.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3215197 - 10/04/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don?t see how you can possibly believe.

dude! explain how you can not not belive. if you believe you do not believe, thats a belief?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Infinite Symbiosis [Re: Gomp]
    #3215298 - 10/04/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

He must be right!
Hes Raiden!
Hes a GOD!

But seriously... like i said... no ones gonna take you seriously after that last thread.

AND YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS!

you just called me the poster child of how not to be. :rolleyes:

and you havent said anything that i havent heard...

You seem to think youre a prophet.

Edited by plexus (10/04/04 06:42 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3215546 - 10/04/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sidarthurr said:
... the entire universe is sentient, aware and alive to the subatomic level and beyond.

Prove it. Can you have a conversaton with a rock? What thoughts do you share? How do they form concepts? Do stones engage in symbolic thinking or is it more of a stimulus-response kind of thing? Do photons ever long to be something greater? Do electrons get dizzy twirling around in atoms? Do you wish your toilet paper a pleasant trip before flushing?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Infinite Symbiosis [Re: plexus]
    #3215778 - 10/04/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Raiden for sure. :thumbup:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Raiden for sure [Re: Redstorm]
    #3215821 - 10/04/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Raiden for sure [Re: ]
    #3215943 - 10/04/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have any music online? I'd deff like to check it out :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Offlineplexus

Re: Raiden for sure [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3216016 - 10/04/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRussian said:
Do you have any music online? I'd deff like to check it out :smile:

Me too.

You should have a band called the Rock n' Roll Raidens.

That'd be dope.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Anonymous

#3216766 - 10/05/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I see it as fair to state that philosophers are usually more talk than action. I believe there is a difference between passive (too much talk) and active (a harmonious balance of talk and action) philosophy. I am an active philosopher. I exist somewhere between Carlos Castaneda's don Juan and the Renaissance master Leonardo daVinci (via Bruce Lee and Arnold Schwarzenegger). At best you can only see the passive side of my CURRENT beliefs. Those beliefs are always in a state of flux in that I am always refining and ready to find that what I currently believe needs further adjusting and modification. That is one of the main reasons I come into forums of this nature for I appreciate it when anyone can point out things I may be overlooking. Whatever belief I currently hold as true that cannot be successfully defended MUST be modified and improved upon, as far as I am concerned. I have found that most will defend their defective beliefs to the bitter end thus the current situation of those who tote supposedly infallible philosophy verses others who supposedly tote infallible philosophy killing each other in the streets. I see this as pure unadulterated MADNESS and this madness seems to keep growing stronger all the time.

Before I continue on I would like to share highlights of my current beliefs from the other thread I created. Let's begin with the single most important thing. It is the single most important thing for if mankind knew this and understood it's implications we would not now be living on the brink of ecological extinction:

The single most important things to know is that the entire universe is sentient, aware and alive to the subatomic level and beyond. Earth is a living being and part of the universal family of the Living and Sentient Spirit of Nature. There are certain laws that humans must follow, in one way or another, in order to attract the very best the Spirit has to offer humanity. The most well known of these immutable laws is that what goes around comes back around. It is the nature of the planets to revolve and this is, without a doubt, the most important law of the Living Spirit of Nature that people need to recognize and live in harmony with in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible.

And now for the highlights:

MY RESPONSE:

None of what you people have shared in the above quotes is more important for happiness than working towards living a strong and healthy life and yet I have learned that there is something even more important than living a strong and healthy life. So far no one in any forum I have visited knows the direct answer. It?s amazing that the knowledge of modern mankind is obviously devoid of the most important thing they collectively need to know in order to live the most wonderfully happy lives possible. It?s no wonder that mankind is a race growing in insanely killing turmoil. Humans prove over and over that they are obviously more interested in making money off of their problems than they are in solving them.

Knowing the most important thing is to put oneself in a position to attract all the solutions one needs to improve the quality of life. It is each person?s responsibility to solve the problems in his or her own life. If each person in the world tended to their personal responsibility in this matter the turmoil of the insanity of mankind would calm down and there would be hope for the human race. As things now stand I see mankind as a culture obviously headed for extinction as a species. Obviously, none of their current philosophies or religions are adequate enough to stop the spiraling of mankind into a suicide of ecological destruction.

MY RESPONSE:

In deference to the great teachings, philosophies and mythologies in the world I have been inspired by the Spirit to treat all that which I cannot fully verify as mythology. I (((BELIEVE))) that ?all is one?, but I cannot fully verify the statement and so it remains mythology to me. Believing mythology to be fact is ((((NOT)))) the most important thing to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible.

I spent most of yesterday working out at one of the most beautiful power spots I have ever known for it is indeed true that (((ONE))) of the most important things for being wonderfully happy is to treat?s one?s body as sacred and strive to live a strong and healthy life. Being weak and sickly is not akin to a happy existence. Among other things, I was diving right in the area of the picture I took that you should be seeing above. I?ve been involved with bodybuilding and martial arts for over twenty-years and you should be able to see my shadow in the lower left-hand corner of the picture. Note the muscles.

I continue to verify the single most important thing I need to know every time I go to such spots. One of the things I was reminded of again, while I was there, is that (((ONE))) of the most important things to remember in order to live a wonderful and happy life is to settle one?s thoughts by forgiving oneself and everyone everywhere equally. As a general rule: if I cannot think wonderful things about people I should discipline my thoughts and literally not think about people at all. Instead of negatively judging others I should always do my best to either bless others in my imagination, exactly the way I want the Spirit to bless me, or I should not think of people at all. So (((ONE))) of the most important things to do in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible is to treat one?s mind as sacred and forgive and bless others even as I envision the Spirit forgiving and blessing me.

(((ONE))) of the most important things to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible is that what you think of me is (((YOUR))) problem, not mine. Convincing others of ANYTHING is not required for me to live the most wonderful and happy life possible. So call me and ?elitest? or any thing you please for the truly enlightened are not phased by the insults of others. If they are that is an indication that the person is not truly enlightened.

I am now more truly ?enlightened? than I have ever been and intend to become even more truly ?enlightened? than ever before.

POST AND MY RESPONSE:

"I dont live a heatly life... I smoke and I drink... I dont eat well, I dont eat 3 sqare meals a day (more like 4 one day, 1 another day, 0 the next)... I have a sleep schedule that one could only call fucked up, Im an insomniac... and my life has been a plauge of financial misfortion... Im poor and always have been... but i couldnt possibly see me being any happier than I am... I just dont mind... Im grateful that my experience has led me to where i am today."

MY RESPONSE:

I have been taught by the Spirit it is indeed true that we generally get what we ask for from life by an overall average of the way we think, talk, act and react to the world we perceive. If you want to live the happiest and most wonderful life possible don?t, I repeat ((((DON?T)))) live as this person does.

And he seems to think that his way for happiness is the best he can possibly do for himself. Ridiculous! 

Again I say: what you people believe or don?t believe is not a requirement for my happiness in life. So far it is obvious that none of you know the direct answer to my original question. No one in any forum has properly answered it so far for it is obviously not known within the content of modern human knowledge. This is why mankind is committing ecological suicide. If he truly knew the single most important thing then mankind would see things differently and would not create machinations that rape the planet and permanently destroy it for the sake of quick monetary gain.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #3217044 - 10/05/04 01:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>> So far it is obvious that none of you know the direct answer to my original question. No one in any forum has properly answered it so far for it is obviously not known within the content of modern human knowledge.

Whoa there cowboy, put that there ego away. You might put somebody's eye out wit'that thing. Where'd a cowpoke like y'self git such'a big ole ego like that, an'how? Go along back home now, son.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Anonymous

Re: Infinite Symbiosis [Re: Ped]
    #3217096 - 10/05/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Whoa there cowboy, put that there ego away. You might put somebody's eye out wit'that thing. Where'd a cowpoke like y'self git such'a big ole ego like that, an'how? Go along back home now, son."

MY RESPONSE:

Just telling the truth as I see it. Show me how what I pointed out was not the truth and I will publicly apologize

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#3217258 - 10/05/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sidarthurr said:
Show me how what I pointed out was not the truth and I will publicly apologize

Here's some unsubstantiated malarky, "I have decided to reveal the single most important thing people need to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible:

The single most important things to know is that the entire universe is sentient, aware and alive to the subatomic level and beyond."
A subjective opinion without a proponderance of evidence remains a mere assertion. Your belief does nothing for increasing the happiness of a great many people (yourself excluded, of course). Statements that the entire universe is sentient are not supported by any reproducible tests. A mere assertion of a wish does not make it so.

How about this line of unadulterated bullshit, "Earth is a living being"? Prove it.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlineplexus

#3217272 - 10/05/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Just telling the truth as I see it. Show me how what I pointed out was not the truth and I will publicly apologize"

MY RESPONSE:

What youre telling is your  OPINION!!!!!

You cant seem to see this.

You my friend are one of the most ignorant people at these forums.

:shake::nonono::shake::nonono::shake::nonono::shake::nonono::shake::nonono:
:nonono::shake::nonono::shake::nonono::shake::nonono::shake::nonono::shake:

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Invisiblemr crisper

#3217308 - 10/05/04 07:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hi sid

Quote:

Note the muscles.

i did mmmmmm tsssss! hot
can you please post a pic of your wiener?
or better yet, give us a fruitbowl.

cheers!
welcome to spit&feelo.

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3217422 - 10/05/04 08:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

watch the flames, whiterussian!

(edited by trendal - 10/05/04)

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Edited by trendal (10/05/04 08:24 AM)

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3217549 - 10/05/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A multiheaded snake that eats it's own tail and births itself all at once. It breathes fire and forges universes and minds.

We have much to learn as a species, but interdependancy of life must be learnt first.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3217597 - 10/05/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ahhh hahahaha!

So we have found you? The one person who has the secret!

Quote:

you should be able to see my shadow in the lower left-hand corner of the picture. Note the muscles.

A clear sign of enlightenment

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3217598 - 10/05/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>> "Earth is a living being"? Prove it.

The most fundamental characteristics of any living organism's behaviour are it's committment to progress, growth and developement. Living organisms take in otherwise disorganized energy and give it focus and direction. As living beings, our primary biological drive is to reproduce and populate, to fluourish and expand so long as the conditions remain to sustain expansion.

These are not different from the most fundamental aspects of the natural environment. In fact, if we are to describe the behaviour of any living organism, we find that it is impossible to do so without simultaneously describing the behaviour of the environment. It is because the natural enviroment and the organsims within it are two aspects of the same process: life. They are not polarized against eachother, they are mutually dependedent upon one another.

From this perspective, the Earth meets the criteria for "living being" just as well as we do.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3217671 - 10/05/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

So far it is obvious that none of you know the direct answer to my original question

Your original post was a statement.
With a wager thrown in at the end.

what question do you need us to answer enlightened one?

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Raiden for sure [Re: Ped]
    #3217684 - 10/05/04 10:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes we are all somehow embedded in a super-organism - embedded in a complex web of relationships and inter-dependancies.

The web of life written as a story by the pen of Nature's imagination.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#3217821 - 10/05/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
The most fundamental characteristics of any living organism's behaviour are it's committment to progress, growth and developement.

The earth has no committment to progress, growth and developement. We can glean no intent of purposeful action (other than by projection of our own whimsical thinking).

Quote:

As living beings, our primary biological drive is to reproduce and populate, to fluourish and expand so long as the conditions remain to sustain expansion.

Do you have proof of a similar drive for the earth?

Quote:

In fact, if we are to describe the behaviour of any living organism, we find that it is impossible to do so without simultaneously describing the behaviour of the environment.

Maybe for you, but I've read plenty of descriptions of organisms that don't describe the behavior of the environment. So what if you find it necessary to describe the conditions of an organism's environment when describing an organism? This is no proof that the environment is a living being, this is merely a limit on your powers of description - it is irrelevant to the task of proving that the earth is a living being.

Quote:

It is because the natural enviroment and the organsims within it are two aspects of the same process: life.

Don't muddy the waters by conflating conditions necessary for life with life itself.

Quote:

They are not polarized against eachother, they are mutually dependedent upon one another.

Sorry Charlie, the earth does not depend upon the animals which depend upon it.

Quote:

From this perspective, the Earth meets the criteria for "living being" just as well as we do.

Do you mean from the perspective of faulty premises?

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3217840 - 10/05/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sorry :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3218027 - 10/05/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Your idea of what constitutes a "living being" is clearly a narrow, self-important one.

Both the natural environment and animal populations are propelled by the same basic drive. A species does not hold meetings to determine whether or not it is practical to move forward, to continue to flourish. They do so naturally, of their own accord. The natural environment in the same way multiplies naturally, of it's own accord. They share this same fundamental characteristc. Since it's this fundamental characteristic which typically defines "living being", it follows that the natural environment can be categorized as a living being.

Simply because the natural environment does not possess any self-evident conciousness does not mean that we can dismiss the natural environment as an aimless process of biological mechanisms without purpose, whose appearance is purely accidental. I understand that the
notion of nature as a machine is extremely fashionable right now, but I've never been one to be swept up in trends.

Life: adj.: 1. Of or relating to animate existence; involved in or necessary for living: life processes.

Sentient creatures: [x] Animate existence. [x] Involved in living. [x] Necessary for living. [x] Involved in a process.
The natural environment: [x] Animate existence. [x] Involved in living. [x] Necessary for living. [x] Involved in a process.

Everything seems to check out here.

>> Sorry Charlie, the earth does not depend upon the animals which depend upon it.

You are wrong. Without bacterial life, there would be no plant life, and nothing on this earth but barren rock. Plants depend upon bacteria to break down decaying matter in the soil into usable materials. Bacterial life in turn are kept in balance by creatures which depend on the consumption of bacteria to survive, such as slugs, worms, bottom feeders, some winged insects, and all the innumerable others. If bacterial populations were allowed to bloat, the soil would become overfertile and the plant cycle would break down. Insect populations are kept in balance by amphibians and avian species, for if there were an overabundance of insects they would decimate the earth and the life cycle would halt. In the same way, an over abundance of avian species would lead to a total collapse of life. We can't simply remove animal life from the equation and expect that things will go on as normal.

The reason is that all living beings, and indeed all forms of life in the natural environment, are involved in a mutually dependent relationship with all other forms of life.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #3218028 - 10/05/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, as it has been said, your 'thing to know' is sadly an unprooven assumtion. I refuse to 'know' something, what is not proven. So it remains a believe.
But of course, it's a nice and beautiful believe. But you could even say, 'the thing to know is, that god exists', or anything similar not proven.

So we change the 'battlefield' from the area of 'knowing' to the area of 'believing', which is much more colourful and fantastic, so everyone could make a very good assumtion 'of what is best to believe to make...' :grin:

But, could you concretize, what did let your believes change to knowledge, where mythologists still are puzzling ?

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#3218158 - 10/05/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
Your idea of what constitutes a "living being" is clearly a narrow, self-important one.

Knock off the B.S. My concept of a living being is the generally accepted one. It has nothing to do with self importance and everything to do with clarity of thought.

Quote:

Both the natural environment and animal populations are propelled by the same basic drive...

The natural environment is a catch all phrase, which can encompass both living and non-living things. It can encompass the entire solar system should you use it in that context. Try to stay away from stray men when addressing things that I state.

Quote:

A species does not hold meetings to determine whether or not it is practical to move forward, to continue to flourish.

Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Quote:

The natural environment in the same way multiplies naturally, of it's own accord.

You just love to throw out fallacious statements and hope no one notices, don't you? The 'natural environment' can be composed of many things, because certain parts of the whole have certain properties, this in no way translates to the earth having those properties.

Quote:

...it follows that the natural environment can be categorized as a living being.

Only if you start from false premises.

Quote:

Simply because the natural environment...

Try to stay on topic. The assertion that the earth is a living being is what I took issue with. You continue with a fallacy of looking at parts of 'the environment' having certain properties and arguing that the whole has these properties. This does not logically follow. Do ticks on a dog, give the dog properties of a tick? Does a plate on a table give the table the properties of a plate?

Quote:

Everything seems to check out here.

No it doesn't. I suggest that you examine your premises.

Quote:

You are wrong. Without bacterial life, there would be no plant life, and nothing on this earth but barren rock. Plants...

Your running theme has already been addressed. That there are living beings on the earth is not in dispute. However, these do not give the earth the property of being a living being. A frog in my bathtub, does not give my bathtub the property of being a living being.

Quote:

The reason is that all living beings, and indeed all forms of life in the natural environment, are involved in a mutually dependent relationship with all other forms of life.

So what? This is irrelevant to the proof that the earth is a living being.

Perhaps you should read and study this guide to logical fallacies.

--------------------

Anonymous

Bravo Ped! [Re: Ped]
    #3218615 - 10/05/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

?The most fundamental characteristics of any living organism's behaviour are it's committment to progress, growth and developement. Living organisms take in otherwise disorganized energy and give it focus and direction. As living beings, our primary biological drive is to reproduce and populate, to fluourish and expand so long as the conditions remain to sustain expansion.

These are not different from the most fundamental aspects of the natural environment. In fact, if we are to describe the behaviour of any living organism, we find that it is impossible to do so without simultaneously describing the behaviour of the environment. It is because the natural enviroment and the organsims within it are two aspects of the same process: life. They are not polarized against eachother, they are mutually dependedent upon one another.

From this perspective, the Earth meets the criteria for "living being" just as well as we do.?

MY RESPONSE:

That is without a doubt the wisest response on this matter that I have read in any forum. I was expecting the typically challenging ?Oh yeah? prove it!? response that I always get when I finally reveal the single most important thing. Well, I will now tell you the truth: Thanks to the blessings of the Love of the Spirit in my life I am retired at a young age and living in the most beautiful place on Earth. It?s been over ten years since I have had to set my alarm clock on a regular basis and no boss tells me what to do. I go where I want when I want and do what I like when I like. Through the Spirit I am developing upon my talents in ways that go far beyond the music I produced while performing for about 12 years as a professional musical entertainer. The Spirit is now more real to me than ever before and I continue to grow stronger in the application of the lessons imparted to me in and through the Spirit. So, now I have told you the truth and if any of you say, ?Oh yeah? Prove it!? it doesn?t change this truth in my life. I need not prove the above truth to anyone in order to enjoy and appreciate that truth. Such it is regarding the sentient and aware nature of the universe.

I have learned that it was already too late for the human race on the day mankind exploded the first nuclear bomb. All the subsequent nuclear tests have doomed the future of mankind. We are now just beginning to feel the retroactive ?what goes around comes back around? effects of those ((((INSANE)))) nuclear tests and mankind will indeed be kept from spreading his insane diseases into the rest of the living universe.

By Freudian and Nietzschian standards the people who conducted those insane tests were perfectly sane. So much for the standards of sanity held as dear by the military systems of the Earth.

WWIII has already been fought. It was fought against the Earth and soon you will all realize that EVERYONE LOST.

MANKIND IS NOT WANTED EXPLORING THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE AND HE WILL INDEED BE STOPPED WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

So it matters not that I prove to you the entire universe is sentient, aware and alive. All that matters is I reap the benefits of the good the Spirit has to offer me before everything on Earth hits the universal fan. I?ve been told that if and when this planet completely explodes those living in the closest solar system will probably not even notice. In the final scheme of things, nothing really matters except that I have as much fun with my life as I possibly can.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Bravo Ped! [Re: ]
    #3218645 - 10/05/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sid, you know what you are talking about, but you are in now way 'special'. Please, get over this false premise :smile:

We are all individualized perceptions of the same conscious entity, existing as it's own self iniated manifestation of existence. We are all equals, we are all the same energy interacting within the encompassing whole of the infinite pool. Living or not living are mere observations by us, these subjective perception points, evolved from the same earth many here dispute being alive. Surely it's as "alive" as anything else, you are absolutely right :smile:

Please stick around, as I feel you'll have a lot to offer in discussions, but first try to realize the subjectivity of individualized perceptions. It's one thing to preach, it's another thing to apply those philosophies to your everyday worldview and perspective. Sorry for starting on a 'bad foot', hope you can see why people's natural defense mechanism for superiority kick in when one claims superiority over them. It's kind of funny, as I'm sure you find it too :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

Everything is "Special" [Re: deff]
    #3218782 - 10/05/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Sid, you know what you are talking about, but you are in now way 'special'. Please, get over this false premise"

MY RESPONSE:

People like you don?t know what you are talking about because if you did you would most certainly realize that EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING is ?special? in EVERY WAY!

I have learned from the Spirit that the best I can become, from a universal standpoint, is to fully realize that I am equal to everything. Yet, I can have a personal opinion. For example: if you created your avatar icon I can safely say that my digital creations are far more ?special? than your lame examples of digital art. Compared to you I am obviously a digital photographer Leonardo daVinci.

I see my digital artwork as quite unique and special while your avatar icon is lame by comparison. That is my opinion and I see it as a valid one. So, compared to you, I am indeed ?special? in at least one way that I can conclusively prove in this forum.

I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU to prove you have created digital artwork that is obviously more ?special? than what I can share. Let me warn you that you have only seen a gist of what I have done.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Everything is "Special" [Re: ]
    #3218800 - 10/05/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Special denotes a seperate class from the "less special" surroundings. Of course all of existence is magnicificant, but none of it is more special than any other part.

You are hindering your own development with some of these self-importance principles you so freely flaunt. Sure, subjectively you like your art better than this avatar picture I borrowed from a site. So what? :smile:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Everything is "Special" [Re: ]
    #3218801 - 10/05/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ooooo! Look, sid! You got your thread locked AGAIN!

Ok, seriously: enough with the veiled flames and "you are lame" rubbish. If you don't have enough sense to play nice in this forum, then you won't be posting here at all...mmkay?

This is your last warning. If you read the rules you will notice that, since I already gave you a warning, you should be receiving a temp-ban. Because you are new here you get a second warning.

Not a third.

If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom