Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Long term effects of a bad trip
    #3206179 - 10/02/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Those who have been there know. It screws you over so that for the next year even a slightest resemblance of psilocybin or other triptamides in your systems sends you into oblivion.

I heard that one can use 2C-i or was it 2c-b to get more comfortable with oneself and tripping after traumatic experience, is it true 2c-i can do that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Long term effects of a bad trip [Re: cleaner]
    #3206184 - 10/02/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cleaner said:
Those who have been there know. It screws you over so that for the next year even a slightest resemblance of psilocybin or other triptamides in your systems sends you into oblivion.

tryptamines.
They kicked you in that ass because that's what you needed.

"Psychedelics don't always give me what I want, but they always give me what I need" EllemyshShade

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Long term effects of a bad trip [Re: blink]
    #3206196 - 10/02/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Bad trips are really the best trips.

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3206384 - 10/02/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

grounding techs (psycho-spiritual)...
tamasic foods(googlesearch: kundalini burnout)...
sauna...
float tanks(?)...
niacinamide(!)...
meditation and/or deep prayer...
orgone therapy (?)
contacting "spritual emergency network"...

there are ways of "psychically digesting" traumatic tripping experiences...
& some of 'em just might help you...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3206421 - 10/02/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Psychedelics don't always give me what I want, but they always give me what I need"

"Bad trips are really the best trips."

Both are very true :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3207235 - 10/02/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

bad trips don't exist. trips can be uncomfortable and frightening but you always leave the trip with a great knowledge and that can only be considered a good thing.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#3213016 - 10/04/04 08:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I guess you lot havent been in a really bad trip.

The one i had a year ago, gave me hair loss on one spot and my other hair turned grey around it. Did i really 'need' that blinkidiot? you tell me.

And im not asking for bad trip emergiency tips, i need to pull my fragmented psyche together. Now i heard some people had luck with 2Cs, can you confirm that or you simply do not know?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Long term effects of a bad trip [Re: blink]
    #3213092 - 10/04/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
Quote:

cleaner said:

tryptamines.
They kicked you in that ass because that's what you needed.

"Psychedelics don't always give me what I want, but they always give me what I need" EllemyshShade

Cool, I've been quoted!!  :smile:

And Cleaner, the only way I was able to "move on" from my most difficult trip ever was to trip again.  (See the Physical and Mental Health forum and read the posts on this same topic in there)

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#3213179 - 10/04/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Physical and Mental Health forum ? That comes as a surprise, i'm off to take a look

Anonymous

#3214248 - 10/04/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what the fuck are u talking it made your hair fall out? i assume youre just being sarcastic, but id see a doctor for that. the first time i did shrooms i took a really high dose becuase i got it in juice from a guy i didnt know and it was the worst experience of my life.. it kept me away from shrooms till last weekend (so thats about 2 year) and it gave me a great appreciation for what these fungi can do. i went into my second trip knowing that whatever happened, it couldnt be worse than that one night and it turned out to be the must fun ive had in a while. bad trips suck altogether.. whether u learn something or not.. but jsut keep a positive mind and youll be alrite. so all in all, the long term effect was respect. so i guess it wasnt all that bad eh?

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

#3215270 - 10/04/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cleaner said:
I guess you lot havent been in a really bad trip.

The one i had a year ago, gave me hair loss on one spot and my other hair turned grey around it. Did i really 'need' that blinkidiot? you tell me.

And im not asking for bad trip emergiency tips, i need to pull my fragmented psyche together. Now i heard some people had luck with 2Cs, can you confirm that or you simply do not know?

How much did you take? Cause I've heard some messed up stories that seemed horrible, but never anything about hair turning grey or hair loss. (These people took over 7 grams.)

--------------------
Never pass up a good time.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3215918 - 10/04/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You know what! I'm going to go against the populous here. I think there are really bad trips. I'll name a few.

-Trips that ends you in jail, hospital, etc.
-Chemically aborted trips that leave permanent imprint of emptiness.
-Trips that involved serious physical damage, i.e. car wreck, fractured skull, legs amputated, etc.
-Trips that never started.

I do agree though, most so called "bad trip" are the most memorable and fun. If I had just these good trips where everything was peachy, I think I'd called it same and lame. I'd quit tripping long time ago. It's the "Damn, that really freaked me out" stuff that keeps me coming back for more.

My 2 cents

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3215931 - 10/04/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

One more thing. That thing about 2CI. I don't know much about 2CI effects personally, but I heard it's similar to MDMA. And I know MDMA will make any bad trip a good trip.(I think it has to do with having empathy with the shroom gods, or guides or whatever that leads you through the trip) It also makes the onset a lot smoother if you want to mix with E. I always have a pill in my pocket when I'm babysitting in case of bad things happen. I just give a half and tell them it's the cure, nothing more.

Anyways, happy tripping.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Long term effects of a bad trip [Re: MAGnum]
    #3215998 - 10/04/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Bad trips are really the best trips.

That's true. And if you can struggle and get yourself in the right mind set, eventually the euphoria will set in as you come down off them. :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3216194 - 10/04/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Damn.. I don't want to highjack this thread but I had an advice to give.

If you are suffering from past "bad" experience, do what the happy trippers do. Stop fighting it and see where it leads you. Maybe it's telling you to quit tripping, or maybe you just need to subscribe newspaper... who knows. But only one way to find out. Let go.

Sam

--------------------

Offlinemushroomman23
    #3221312 - 10/06/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well my thoughts on bad Tripp's are that when u trip to the point where
you find your self in the middle of the solar system or go back in time to when the earth was a barren plant and these sights look realer than any thing you have every seen in your life it can be very frightening. i think that the first time any one goes Thur this they will likely call it a bad trip when i went Thur this i thought i was going to die and begged my friend to call a ambulance Lucky he did not call one in my opinion mushrooms are a lot more than a Saturday night high i think they force you to see life in its true form how many time do you hear someone say for a year after the trip they feel like nothing in life really matters and a lot of things we do in life are pointless some people call this mental illness i call it truth or a better term would be forced truth. what i mean by forced is that when some takes a large dose of shrooms thinking they are just going to see some colors and melting walls and they find them selves talking a hard look at life it can be disturbing.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3222164 - 10/06/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've had some wickid trips. At the time I wanted to die more than anything else. But now that I reflect on it, I learned a hell of a lot.

And I've tripped 3 times since then which was a couple months ago, and head great experiences.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Long term effects of a bad trip [Re: vc77]
    #3235286 - 10/09/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yep I've been there.  First time I ever had a bad trip all I wanted to do was die as well.  Really ANYTHING that would stop the trip.  Thorazine, killing myself, it didnt matter at all to me.  I was forced to ride it out though and I learned a lot.  After that trip things seemed different for a long time, but after integrating it, I now beleive as well that bad trips are really not "bad".  Anyone who gets really into tripping will have a bad trip eventually, it's just part of the game.

But like people have said, it is all a learning experience.  Sometimes you learn good things, sometimes bad things.  Just like in life. 

So you had a horrible trip... just give it time... it took me a while before I felt like I was ready to trip again (for a while I thought I was done for good).

But anyway, good luck with that.  Your hair fell out?  That's some pretty fucked up shit...  :eek:

--------------------

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

Re: Long term effects of a bad trip [Re: the free thinker]
    #5979252 - 08/19/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

umm i had a a trip go bad when i got arrested during one, so yeah ummm i still feel depressed over it, more so then i think i should...but then again IDK.

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract