Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA Flag
UBB 6.5 Changelog
    #3212870 - 10/04/04 08:58 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I'm sorry for not posting this sooner. I'm sure there are some people who are interested in what exactly changed with this BB upgrade, but I figured most of you would prefer it if I fixed things first and answered questions later. Anyway all the major bugs that people reported should (as far as I know) be fixed. If you continue to have any weird permissions problems, please try clearing your BB cookies. Anyway since things are mostly under control at the moment, I figured I'd take a few minutes to compile a list of what is different in version 6.5. This list is a combination of items from the official changelog as well as modifications we added, but it's not exhaustive and I might be forgetting things. If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

• Redid graphics and made some layout changes for a more consistent, professional look.
  • Post list display was altered slightly, new post designator is a colored folder.
  • Improved spell checker with no limit on message length and a more powerful interface.
  • Post statistic display shows what percentage of a user's posts are in each forum.
  • Added a new option on the main page to show active topics. This will show topics that have been active in the past 24 hours. The results will have links to go to the first post and the first unread post in the topic.
  • Improved interface for selecting the post to quick reply to.
  • Verify that a member is over 18 when they register an account.
  • Allow display name change for users with less than 50 posts.
  • Automatic PM notification if your topic is moved.
  • Added a stylesheet preview to the display preferences screen.
  • Added a signature preview to the basic preferences screen.
  • Added an underline markup tag and added it to the instant ubbcode box.
  • Quotes now show the username of the person you're quoting.
  • Added in a modification to truncate the display of long urls so users don't have to scroll to read the post.
  • When viewing a topic that contains new posts there is a link at the top of the topic to take you directly to the first unread post in that topic.
  • Improved calendar display.
  • Smiley panel resized.
  • Option added for administrators to specify smiley sort order (we haven't sorted them yet).
  • Made some changes so when adding or editing a post it will always return you to the proper page that the new or edited post is on.
  • Added a new option for administrators to create global announcements which will appear at the top of every forum and can only be replied to by other admins.
  • Automatically replace large images with thumbnails in posts.
  • Added restriction on signature images. They cannot be more than 480 pixels wide, 240 pixels high or 64k in size. There is a limit of 10 images and 10 lines of text per signature.
  • Fixed bugs with the security code which is displayed if you try to log in more than twice in a row unsuccessfully.
  • Fixed a variety of security problems in various scripts.
  • Reworked showflat/showthreaded and the previous/next thread buttons. This reduces the number of queries in showflat/showthreaded and improves speed. Also reversed the action on these buttons to a more logical direction. Previous now takes you to the actual previous post and next takes you to the next post.
  • Reworked the new post tracking feature to be extremely efficient and much faster.
  • Reworked ubbthreads.php and categories.php to generates about 1/4 as many queries.
  • Reworked the jumpers which take you to the first unread post. On busy forums this save a huge number of queries from being executed.
  • Improved search now caches results to speed up moving between pages and reduce the load on the server.
  • Shortened many of the links, putting variables into a cookie instead. This should help save a bit of bandwidth.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback