Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Not cobweb! YAY! (pic)
    #3211920 - 10/03/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It was growing so fast and thin, I was losing sleep over it. But yesterday, when I woke up, thin and wide was fluffy and white. Yay!

If anyone's eye can see anything wrong here, please let me know. My first grow.

96 hour point.

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Not cobweb! YAY! (pic) [Re: Sam1912]
    #3211928 - 10/03/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinedrunkencanadian
Stranger
    #3212070 - 10/03/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

96 hours eh... lookin good, how often do u check em?

Oh, and what strain/tech ya usin?

Edited by drunkencanadian (10/03/04 11:37 PM)

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3212131 - 10/03/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Golden Teacher.

And yeah, I've been bad. I check them every few hours. I'm going to lock them up here in couple of days once I get used to watching it grow. My wife panics with a case of lysol whenever she finds any mold in the house. With AC running all the time, we haven't seen mold grow in a long time. Didn't know they grew so fast. So fast...

I'm keeping a mini log for myself, but I'll post pics of flush. I have to start putting together PMP. I have corals instead of geolite, so I think it's about time I test that out.

I think the initial fast growth was because of dextrose in the water I used to make syringes. I think... I also let the syringe sit there for almost a day before innoculating. And thanx to good advices, tub in tub set up. See, I listen to you guys very intently!

Thanx.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

#3212610 - 10/04/04 02:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I thought only the first signs of germination are visible after 3-4 days, not 3/4ths colonization after 96 hours (Which is only 4 days).

If you just innoculated your jars 4 days ago, then those are most definitely contaminated, unless I'm not thinking clearly or something. If it has only been 4 days since you innoculated, then that is most likely cobweb. Plus that doesn't really look very fluffy or pretty white, just kind've grey and blech.

I suppose it could just be the lighting though... So when did you innoculate the jars?

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Not cobweb! YAY! (pic) [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #3212808 - 10/04/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

adoseofparnOz wrote:
Quote:

If you just innoculated your jars 4 days ago, then those are most definitely contaminated, unless I'm not thinking clearly or something. If it has only been 4 days since you innoculated, then that is most likely cobweb.

People have had full colonization in 4 days using the Coffee Tek that is yet to be finished.  Don't underestimate the power of dextrose. :smile:

- Silven :mushroom2:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds