Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

Loc: Vansterdam
Question about Amanita Muscara var. Formosa & Drying.
    #3209140 - 10/03/04 05:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone, In the past 2 weeks I have found at least 20 Amanita Muscara var Formosa growing in several different areas within a mile of my home, woods, around schools, around parks, and was wondering if anyone has ever tried drying these mushrooms,and then grinding them into a fine powder? Does anyone have any good drying instructions for this specific mushroom

I am just wondering about potency/dosage and how safe this would be for this specific type of mushroom?

I have not harvested any of these mushrooms. but know how easy they are to find in my area, seem to be popping up everywhere.

Once i dry them, i hope to cap them all up in 500 mg gel capsules :pill2:

Thanks for any help  :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

Re: Question about Amanita Muscara var. Formosa & Drying. [Re: PlatinumCaps]
    #3210651 - 10/03/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

BUMP :doh:

OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

Jar Jar [Re: PlatinumCaps]
    #3210746 - 10/03/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

are you telling me no one has any experience with these kind of mushrooms!? I don't believe it  :regularshroom:

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Jar Jar [Re: PlatinumCaps]
    #3210764 - 10/03/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Although I have never tried this species, Erowid recommends drying them in your oven while it is turned to low with the door cracked. The heat is supposed to help convert the ibutonic acid into muscimol.
That's going off memory but you can look for yourself.

Peace

--------------------

OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

#3210769 - 10/03/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes i've read something about it, those fucking shrooms are so large and juicy looking i just can't see that drying them cracker dry like Pcilocybin containing mushrooms, im looking to get em cracker dry and then shred em up in a coffee grinder, thx for reply @cro  :gd_icon:

InvisibleBorealis
Riverdog

Loc: PNW
    #3211021 - 10/03/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I put them on the barbecue flesh down on low heat for about 2 hours. They dried forever but were still kind of chewy. :confused: I ate five medium sized skins after scraping the gills out as they dried. They tasted like steak kind of. The high is nothing comfortable. No real nausea, but drowsyness and drooling, waking from small dreams every hour to toss and turn in cold sweats. If they are psychoactive at all, I was not impressed. Capsulize them and try it for yourself, dude.
:stoned:

Edited by Borealis (10/04/04 04:48 AM)

OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

Yummy [Re: PlatinumCaps]
    #3211716 - 10/03/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

threw em in the oven for a bit to dry, delllllicious! :ass:

OfflineBobfirechief
Free Thinker
Male
Re: Yummy [Re: PlatinumCaps]
    #3212940 - 10/04/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have been drying muscaria all week long in the oven at 170 till cracker dry . It works just fine . If the cap is really big I scrape out all the gills to speed the drying process .

They say potency varies considerably from specimen to specimen so , I say take all the mushrooms and grind them together . And then start witha low dosage and work yuor way up .

--------------------
What we think, we become.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #3213184 - 10/04/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I just found one the other day, and I dried it the same way bobfirecheif said to. I've never tried this mushroom but from what I've heard it's supposedly not as good as the red kind, because of higher levels of muscarine and lowere levels of muscamol, but wouldn't it not make a differance since it's being heated and dried, and that's supposed to turn the bad stuff into the good stuff?

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Yummy [Re: thegnomeking]
    #3213358 - 10/04/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You've got your chemicals all mixed up. Muscarine is a somewhat potent toxin found in many species of mushrooms.

Muscimol is the "active" component in A. muscaria. I think what you meant to say was that A. muscaria var. formosa tend to have higher levels of Ibotenic acid than muscimol. Ibotenic acid is supposedly decarboxylated into muscimol upon heating, but I'd still never attempt to try A. muscaria of any form. Read some trip reports, see how many negative reports there are.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

#3213446 - 10/04/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that was it, thank you for clearing that up. I was still contemplating whether or not I'm gonna eat mine, but I dried it out just in case. how long will dried Amanitas stay good for?

--------------------
-Timothy Leary

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
    #3216379 - 10/04/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Although many people haven't had a great time with AM, there are also a lot of people who enjoy the effects.

I have tried it in a small dose, and enjoyed it, though the expereince was not very strong.

Dry it out quickly as poss - I do it either on a hot radiotor, or on top of newspaper, infront of a small electric fan heater. Wait until they are completey bone dry and crisp to the touch.

I beleive they when completely dry and stored in an air tight container in a cool dark place, the active drugs contained are fairly stable, and will keep for many months if not years.

If you do decide to try it, definately go for a low dose first time, (perhaps just a couple of dry caps). It is recomened that you powder and mix all of your caps together to standerdise the dose as appartently the concentration of the active chemicals can vary quite a lot.

The experience is nothing like psilocybin. A lot of people think that because both are mushrooms, they will have similar effects. This is not true at all. The active ingredients are completely unrealated to each other.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

#3218669 - 10/05/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I found a bunch more just yesterday and it's way more then I know what to do with, I dried them all out anyway, I mean if I don't like them I'm sure I'll find someone who does. Anyway, I heard that the effects are very similar to taking drammamine in high doses, what I want to know is, how similar? because if it's almost the same then I'm not even gonna bother taking it, I absolutly hate drammamine. also I read something about the actives lie mainly close to the flesh of the caps so does that mean it's a waste of time to eat the stems? and while I'm hear, what's a good dry dosage for a first time? Also any other advice from someone who has tried these before would be much appreciated. thanks and peace

--------------------
-Timothy Leary

OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

#3221609 - 10/06/04 02:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

can not wait to find another patch of these yellow beasts

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

#3222183 - 10/06/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

holy shit! these fuckers are all over the place. I don't know why it was never like this before, but in past years when I would actually look for these it would seem impossible to find them. now I've just been driving down the street and I see huge patches of them on the side of the road everywhere. Has johnny funguspore come wandering around these parts or something? Anyway, I still haven't eaten any, I'm waiting for a nice day of free time and clear mind, and also alittle more advice from people with experience.

--------------------
-Timothy Leary

Offlineeatshrooms
Stranger
    #3222443 - 10/06/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so these have to be dried in an oven or something before you can eat them. why cant you just eat them raw. i found a lot of them picked a few i was trying to figure out how to take them but i guess i know now.

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3222538 - 10/06/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hi, pardon, but I cut this from a previous post I made, in another thread... not sure how to link to another thread. Anyway, I first ate Soma in 1980. After a long break, during November through December, 2004, I harvested, dried and ate Soma on about 20 occasions. I'm not familiar with other entheogens, so I can't compare its effect.

Like many, I researched the subject on the Internet. I also read books by Donald Teeter, James Arthur, Clark Heinrich, and Hawk and Venus. Each of these, I believe, convey important information about the use of Soma. I also believe that "The Quest of the Holy Grail", written in about 1225, describes the Spiritual preparation necessary to effectively bemushroomed, and to gain enlightment on that path. I believe that Soma is the Holy Grail, for many, many, many reasons. It is also the true sacrament of the Roman Catholic Church.

My preferred method is to eat small pieces of dried Soma, washed down with milk. As wisely recommended by Donald Teeter, I refrain from carbonated beverages before, during and after the Soma experience, as this can increase the potential for vomiting. The only time I've ever vomited after eating Soma was when I washed it down with a carbonated soft drink. My typical dose is from a quarter to a half ounce. I started small and found that for myself only, the threshold is about 1/2 ounce, dried. On the other hand, when prepared in an infused tea, a smaller amount (maybe 1/3 ounce, dried) seems to be my threshold. I'm a male, 43 years old, and weigh about 200 lbs.

Tea is prepared by putting the dried caps in a cup, and then pouring boiling water over the Soma and letting it steep. The resulting tea is then strained, and honey and milk mixed with the clear filtered tea. (The rehydrated mushrooms are tossed out or mixed in with soil near a compatible tree.)

Soma, for me, seems to vary in intensity more that I first expected. Usually, the first sign of effect is a slight trembling to my hands. Hawk and Venus have recommended Manganese (not Magnesium) to help with the trembling. But, I haven't been bothered to the point where I have felt that was needed. On one occasion, the twitches and convulsions were a bit frightening (having gone beyond the hands to the legs and arms). However, on that occasion -- the high point of my life -- I wasn't concerned because I realized that Soma would not hurt me, because Soma is the Counselor and the Protector, sent from Heaven.

Other times, Soma doesn't seem to have much of an affect, at all. But that's part of the Mystery.

I look forward to the next few months, when the rains return to Humboldt County.

"The bus came by, and I got on, That's when it all began..."

Hail, Soma!

Soma is the Spirit of God.

OfflinePlatinumCaps
Cocaine $ells

Re: Question about Amanita Muscara var. Formosa & Drying. [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #3225291 - 10/06/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

nice  :whatever:

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

#3225666 - 10/06/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It is not known whether Fly Agaric was Soma or not... it's just one of many plant ethenoegens that have been put forward as possibly being Soma.

The method of ingestion sounds reasonable to me though.

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Re: Question about Amanita Muscara var. Formosa & Drying. [Re: Sin Bad]
    #3225687 - 10/06/04 11:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh.. and the reason you shouldn't eat them raw (didn't somebody alreay explain this on this thread) is that upon drying a chemical reaction takes place which converts one of the active ingredients into a more potent active ingredient (ibotenic acid to muscimol). Apparently 6 - 10 times more potent.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate