Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Did I trip?? Please help!
    #3210446 - 10/03/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Recently I acquired some double OO size capsules containing (supposedly) dehydrated psilocybe cubensis mushrooms, however I don't know the source that I got it from very well. I had never shroomed before. Last night I ingested some of the pills.

I had not eaten anything in more than four hours, and at 5:00 PM I took two of the pills. I started watching TV and talking with my friends (I was the only one who took any of the pills). By 7:00 PM, I still didn't feel anything so I downed another pill. Another hour later, at about 8:00 PM I STILL didn't feel anything nor was I seeing anything so I decided to smoke a bowl.

I am fairly sensitive to weed, and after three or four good hits I was really high. Soon I started seeing strange two dimensional intricate patterns if I closed my eyes, but this is not unusual for me after smoking bud. After a while I could see the patterns with my eyes open, although they were very faint. It became very hard to concentrate on anything, although this of course is not unusual from bud either.

I got tired of sitting inside so I went outside to look around. The landscape was beautiful, but I was definitely not seeing anything that was not there. Nothing was swirling, no colors were dripping, no hallucinations other than "faded" patterns that I saw when I closed my eyes or looked at something that was dark. The patterns were constantly changing but were always two dimensional and intricate. The darker it was, the more vividly I could see them.

The whole time I was wondering.. is this all shrooms are? Or did I get ripped off? From all the trip reports and everything I had read about shrooms I should have definitely been experiencing more than I was. I was walking around the backyard and I must have forgotten where I was at least three times back there. I would take a few steps, stop, look around, and forget where I was. Then suddenly I would remember that I was at my friend's house. This happened many times this night.

Other than the patterns, the only "hallucination," if you want to call it that, that I experienced was when I was sitting in the front yard and I saw this little thing on the concrete that looked like a lizard. I knew it wasn't a lizard, but I couldn't tell what it really was. I just stared at it, trying to figure out what it was, thinking it looked a lot like a lizard or maybe a tiger. Finally when I walked up to it, I realized it was just a piece of wood. Another slightly unusual thing is that I kept looking at these trees in the front yard and somehow they seemed very old to me, like they had seen a lot. I looked up at the branches and they seemed very complicated and intricate and somehow I had more respect for trees than I have had in the past. Again this could be "shrooms," or it could be weed, placebo or both.

Finally I got really tired and my friends and I went to bed. Even though I felt really tired I couldn't sleep and I ended up staying up all night long (lying in bed for like 5+ hours with no sleep sucked). All in all it was pretty disappointing, and I am still not sure whether I experienced a weak shroom trip or a really strong weed trip.

Like I said.. I have seen visuals on just weed alone but this time they were more vivid. I guess it's weird that I couldn't fall asleep though because usually weed makes me tired. I really don't know whether I tripped or not because I've never taken shrooms before then and no one else took the pills I did. Any comments.. thoughts??? I would really like to know if I tripped, or if it was just weed/placebo!!

By the way how much do you think a double OO capsule filled with dehydrated shrooms would weigh? Are they like 1 gram each or what?

Thanks

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Did I trip?? Please help! [Re: Plok]
    #3210464 - 10/03/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Usually the 00's have around a half a gram per pill in them, but since you didn't make them yourself it could be alot less than that, that is, if they weren't bunk. The inability to sleep could mean you have a very very low level trip or it could be that you were stoned and upset about not tripping which caused your sleeplessness.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

#3210475 - 10/03/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was definitely upset about not tripping.. I'm sure that played a part of it. I think it is suspect that I didn't see ANY visuals until after I smoked weed, more than 3 hours after ingesting the first pills. BTW just looking at the pills, they are completely full, no empty space in them... the powder inside is grayish/purple with dark specks here and there.

--------------------

Edited by Plok (10/03/04 04:39 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3210480 - 10/03/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sometimes people eat mushrooms in low doses and they don't see visuals, but weed really brings out mushroom visuals.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3210486 - 10/03/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Things would've still have felt off-base line when breaking the threshold within couple of hours(I think additional 30 min for caps) before any visuals set in. Sounds bunk to me.

I think we put ourselves in grave danger when we start popping pills from strangers. We should get to know the sources first. Have a party with them. Something to think about.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3210487 - 10/03/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

how many of those do you have? I would take 7, which if they had .5 grams in each it would be 3.5. That's a good dose.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3210528 - 10/03/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would agree that you most likely only injested a very small amount of mushrooms. It's possible weed brought out mild visuals, however from what you describe it as, it sounds like it could also be the placebo effect, or even just weed visuals. The pills probably were the real deal, but did not contain nearly enough of the good stuff to have much effect.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Re: Did I trip?? Please help! [Re: gdman]
    #3210561 - 10/03/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I only have 3 left, I think I will take them all one morning... not smoke any weed, and see what happens. Probably nothing.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3210572 - 10/03/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You may consider taking an MAOI (such as syrian rue) prior to ingestion, as that can increase the effects considerably. However make sure to check interactions with food and medications first (see erowid) as they can be potentially dangerous.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3210647 - 10/03/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like you had a very very low threshold trip. The way you described your new respect for trees and the landscape being more beautiful than normal - a new connection to nature is a pretty common psychadelic effect, but like everyone else said, it could have just been the weed. I would find a more reliable source and ingest a fair amount...when you trip good you will know it!

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3210678 - 10/03/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think it'd be better if you toss those pills and get more some shrooms from reliable source, or at least things that look like shrooms. A questionable trip can leave a very negative impression on you for a long time. shrooming is very pleasant experience most of the time, and it might be better if you just wait until you got the good stuff.

If you really want to try it, I'd go with dblaney18's advice and eat some MAOI before hand. I always end up puking my brains out if I use harmala. So, read up and get edumacated. And happy tripping.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Did I trip?? Please help! [Re: Sam1912]
    #3210758 - 10/03/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Or even smoke it, I find smoking harmala is much easier for me and my stomach than eating it

--------------------

- John Mayer

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3211018 - 10/03/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what you should do, is take the powder out of the caps and put them in juice and drink it down

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3211092 - 10/03/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know... The source of those pills are questionable, he said. It seems prudent to toss them since it's not that much to begin with, and the effects questionable.

Just my 2 cents.

Sam

--------------------

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Re: Did I trip?? Please help! [Re: gdman]
    #3211378 - 10/03/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that's what I'll do next time. If nothing happens this time then I will know that they are either bunk or it was just a really really low dose. Unfortunately I don't have a scale to weigh them so I don't know how much each cap weighs.

--------------------

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3211406 - 10/03/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's a real shame if they were real and you bought 6 of them but just did half :/ Did the guy tell you to take them all at once? When I've given people OO capsules, I've really laid it on about how they need to take them all at once, lest they be disappointed. One time I gave someone 7 capsules (3.5g like gdman said) and she split it with her friend. I was as annoyed as she was.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

#3211587 - 10/03/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It seems like even with 3 capsules, even if they only weigh half a gram each, I should feel SOMETHING after 3 hours.

So you think each double OO capsule full of shroom powder only weighs .5g?

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#3211814 - 10/03/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I was walking around the backyard and I must have forgotten where I was at least three times back there. I would take a few steps, stop, look around, and forget where I was. Then suddenly I would remember that I was at my friend's house. This happened many times this night.

Other than the patterns, the only "hallucination," if you want to call it that, that I experienced was when I was sitting in the front yard and I saw this little thing on the concrete that looked like a lizard. I knew it wasn't a lizard, but I couldn't tell what it really was. I just stared at it, trying to figure out what it was, thinking it looked a lot like a lizard or maybe a tiger. Finally when I walked up to it, I realized it was just a piece of wood. Another slightly unusual thing is that I kept looking at these trees in the front yard and somehow they seemed very old to me, like they had seen a lot. I looked up at the branches and they seemed very complicated and intricate and somehow I had more respect for trees than I have had in the past. Again this could be "shrooms," or it could be weed, placebo or both.

Finally I got really tired and my friends and I went to bed. Even though I felt really tired I couldn't sleep and I ended up staying up all night long (lying in bed for like 5+ hours with no sleep sucked). All in all it was pretty disappointing, and I am still not sure whether I experienced a weak shroom trip or a really strong weed trip.

I don't understand why you're not sure....you just said you ate mushrooms and then described a mushroom trip. It probably wasn't a very high dose, so it wasn't overwhelming. And you said yourself you were questioning it the whole time, wich would also help to keep your grounded. 00 capsules hold .5, if that.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3211906 - 10/03/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
So you think each double OO capsule full of shroom powder only weighs .5g?

If the entire long half of the capsule was packed tight, yeah. I exclusively cap my shrooms in OO capsules. Nice smooth comeup, no nausea, no taste :smile:

Actually, the capsule weighs ~100mg itself, so each capsule should weigh ~.6g

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3212641 - 10/04/04 02:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would say you either had a very low dose trip or bunko...but I guess thats pretty obvious...when you truely have a midlevel trip you don't have to ask if you tripped or not :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies