Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Mushroom Brownies????
    #3210394 - 10/03/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

This dealer around me is selling mushroom brownies. i dont wtf is up with that though? Do u think it is simply a rip off So he can sell u less mushrooms for more? (like if he said there was an 1/8 in there and there was like 2.5 g u probaly would never know)

but i never heard of this

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Mushroom Brownies???? [Re: ]
    #3210517 - 10/03/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It's possible. I have heard of mushrooms being baked into brownies. It really depends on how well you know and trust this person. If they are reliable, then go for it, if not, then look around more perhaps. Other than that, there's really no way that I'm aware of to determine the quantity present in brownies.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3210519 - 10/03/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wouldn't baking at 350F destroy most of the alkaloid?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
    #3210531 - 10/03/04 06:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Personally, I would not trust brownies. I ate chocolates once, they were decent, two of them and each supposedly had 2.5 grams, more like 1.5 each it felt like.

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Brownies???? [Re: dblaney]
    #3210580 - 10/03/04 07:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
It's possible. I have heard of mushrooms being baked into brownies. It really depends on how well you know and trust this person. If they are reliable, then go for it, if not, then look around more perhaps. Other than that, there's really no way that I'm aware of to determine the quantity present in brownies.

im not really looking to trip but i do trust him that there is at least some mushrooms in there. word goes around fast around here and if u rip someone off no one else would buy from him

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3210626 - 10/03/04 07:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

True...also Sam and Blink are right...baking it any temp. much above 175-225 degrees celcius (at least when it's extracted into solution...I'm sure temps. for when still in mushroom are slightly different) would melt the alkaloids, however I would think that temperatures even below those would definitely damage their structure and possibly even inactivate them.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3210704 - 10/03/04 07:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, quick thought. What if it were LSD laced brownies! Yikes! Get me some of that!!!

Another thing... Wouldn't all that oil in the brownie cause nausea? I remember baking brownies require veg oil measured in 1/2 cup rather than tablespoons. Just a thought for sake of my stomach.

I'm got few things to try to confirm from discussions on this board. I have a creative idea to bake some brownies without damaging the shroomies. Still have to wait for shroomies to grow, though. I'll let you guys know how as these experiments pan out.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience