Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Lucidity
    #3208569 - 10/02/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I learned to go anywhere i want in my lucid dreams last night.
I hope I remember how on my next lucid dream.

The way i figured it out was... well... you know how when youre in a lucid dream and you can feel youself waking up? you can feel your physical body lying in bed? well, i felt that... (and ive gotten ok at not waking at that point)... and I just stayed there and focused on the image that was in my dream vision, and just stared straight like looking at a picture, and things started to calm down. That feeling that I was waking up went away, and while staring there, I just imagined a different picture than what was in front of me. Just plain old visualized a different setting and got myself to snap out of it real quick, and i was there... instead of where i was a minute before (my backyard)

Well, I did that a couple of other times... not when i felt i was waking up. I just started straight and made everything seem all flat like a picture.. then just changed what i was seeing. Then there i was... somewhere else.

Anyone learn any lucidity tricks?

I think Im gonna roll a couple of Calea Joints tonight and see what'll happen.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Edited by plexus (10/02/04 10:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Lucidity [Re: plexus]
    #3208672 - 10/02/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I recently learned a handy trick for walking through walls which is not easy at all unless you have some good control in the lucid state. So the trick is once the first part of your body touches the wall you must concentrate hard and imagine that it is already on the other side. Don't concentrate on getting it through the wall, the trick is to think that it is already through.

Well I was excited when I figured out the trick the first time.

Peace  :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by yewhew (10/02/04 11:35 PM)

Offlineplexus

Re: Lucidity [Re: yewhew]
    #3208781 - 10/03/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thats cool. i'll try that.... or... try to try that.

i know a good way to get through windows.

imagine that the window is um... liquidISH... and stick your fingers through... to me, its like sticking your fingers into stretched out plastic bag... it usually conforms around me and then breaks through, but still keeps its shape... once, i dove through my window to get outside, and when i dove into it, it stretched out like a bubble... like if you were to dive into a streched out plastic bag, and the bubble just gave and i ploped out, as fast as i came through... and the window was still in tact when looking back.

--------------------

Invisiblepharmaecopia
Stranger
Loc: Texas
    #3208785 - 10/03/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Cool Shit.. I think.. I've been able to go lucid twice now.. But I dont know if I was just dreaming about being lucid, or if I really was.. Either way.. it was exciting stuff.. even if they didnt last long at all.. I think i'll read up on these lucidity things a bit more..

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Lucidity [Re: pharmaecopia]
    #3208821 - 10/03/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"I've been able to go lucid twice now.. But I dont know if I was just dreaming about being lucid, or if I really was.. Either way.. it was exciting stuff.. even if they didnt last long at all."

yah this is the first stage of lucidity. The key here is to supress the excitement and just relax. Its that intense "holy shit! im lucid!" thing that will wake you up and fuck you over the first few times.

Ok you want some lucid tricks?

most important one is hand checking, when you get lucid look at your hands, then at your surroundings, then back at your hands, back to your surrounding, back to your hands...

this is essential for getting past the initial half lucid phase where you are likely to slip back into non lucid dreaming. Once you break this initial barrier you get into what i call PRIMO lucid dreaming which is just fucking amazing. Thats all i can say about that

dont know why it works but it does, youll know when youve done it enough.

As for getting to new places, i just think of the place i want to go and fly in a direction that feels right. Ive only done this once, i saw everything blur and i flew over this river, then i was where i wanted to go .

As for getting thru windows, the above tip about thinking you are already thru is probably the best way. Sometimes i bump against a window for a while, getting frusterated, then i sort of relax, and im thru. Its a feeling, i cant describe quite how its done.

Hmm other tricks?

I like to make interesting dream characters teach me lessons. They tend to give me one line things that sound either deep and profound or hilarious when i wake up, and i usually remember them vividly

examples

"my advice? KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!"

" look upon the soft and yielding as jazzy and round"

what else?

always fight with or face down any threatening or frightening thing in your dreams. Never run

And always use the wake back to sleep method for lucid dreaming it is unbeatable.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblepharmaecopia
Stranger
Loc: Texas
Re: Lucidity [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3208852 - 10/03/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I always wondered if the position you sleep in affected lucidity.. and i've also heard that not eating about four hours before going to sleep helps induce lucidity.. Any other ways to do so?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Lucidity [Re: pharmaecopia]
    #3208880 - 10/03/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

oh fuck i forgot the most important one

WHen you go to bed, conciously remember what position you are sleeping in. When you get lucid, Remember that position your body is in and lie on the ground in that position. Close your eyes and 'go to sleep'

You will begin having a dream within your dream. This dream will be as solid and clear as real life, but far more exciting and bizarre. You will still be able to manipulate reality, but it wont have that slightly confused hazy feeling that is associated with the lower level lucid dreams

This state is probably even above the aforementioned "primo dreaming" that can be achieved through the hand check

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3208971 - 10/03/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'll have to try that one tonight. See how deep the rabbit hole goes.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlineplexus

Re: Lucidity [Re: tomk]
    #3208997 - 10/03/04 02:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Moonshoe, I really like the stuff youre saying... that dreaming in your dream sounds real interesting.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3209010 - 10/03/04 02:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

interesting? fuck man get back to me when youve tried it

Ive done it twice and both were experiences to be reckoned with.

The first was insane. I had a lucid dream that to me seemed to go on for about 20 hours. I saw things beyond explanation and played every kind of mental game. I created and destroyed, i partied with the lizard pins and vanquished the skeletons, i saw a proud gryphon with a twenty foot tail, and jacked off with two penises at once (both my own) i listend to my mind create original music and enjoyed it as if i was hearing it for the first time from the radio or something, i explored wierd scenarios, did dream drugs, and looked out over a city scape made of wierdly changing buildings, some in the shape of bongs or cans of gasoline...

I saw the sky filled with identical clouds in the shape of a reclining orange woman...

Finally i said 'fuck i must have been dreaming for like a whole day now id better wake up!'

and i did . in reality the whole thing was probably an hour at most, to me it was at least a day. The whole thing was pure lucidity. I was sort of tired when i woke up becuase it seemed like instead of waking up from sleep i was waking up from the most insane day of my life.

It was like fuck after that this whole so called 'reality' is pretty tame...

The other time i did it i was jolted into some kind of cotton candy heaven of singing balloons. Then my dad woke me up by walking by outside.

note: i think it has to be the actual side that you are lieing in physically otherwise the effects are different! i dont know why but there you go

--------------------

Offlineplexus

#3209124 - 10/03/04 04:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Wow... thats crazyfucked.

I dont think id ever be able to try it right cause i toss and turn a lot in my sleep. Plus Im an insomniac... and going to sleep in real life is hard enough...

I smoked 3 Calea J's tonight... but couldnt fall asleep...

I hate being an insomniac interested in dreams! :mad:

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3210057 - 10/03/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've only had one lucid dream I remember at this point.

It wasn't very long. I awoke shortly into it.

I just remember that I got so excited that I started to fly around, but wasn't really controlling it, so I sort of lost lucidity in a sense, but I kept thinkingto myself "wow i'm lucid! this is cool! I need to think of something cool to do now that i'm lucid!"

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Lucidity [Re: abhi]
    #3210653 - 10/03/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

" hate being an insomniac interested in dreams! "

yah my problem is during the school year i never get nearly enough sleep to get lucid and when i wake up i immediatly have to hurry to get ready so i often dont even remember them

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3215350 - 10/04/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am also struggling with the ability to fall asleep.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Lucidity [Re: abhi]
    #3215396 - 10/04/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

For me, it's a struggle to wake up :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
    #3215597 - 10/04/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I find it incredibly hard to fall asleep and to wake up :s

This lucid dreaming stuff sounds nuts!!! First time ive ever heard of it, sounds similar to visionary shamanic voyaging...

where can i find out more about this... and HOW the fuck to do this! hehe

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3215677 - 10/04/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.ld4all.com/

That's a good place to start.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #3215690 - 10/04/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lucidity is hard for me to achieve. 1st time it happened i was excited as fuck!! its the most energetically charging feeling. i simply decided to fly, just cause i could. the second time happened a few months later where i saw my little dog take off flying and i was like " holy shit, my dog can't do that, i must be dreaming" so
i took off after him trying to catch him. i have acheieved lucidity a few times before but i got too excited and woke up. i read in the Tibetan Book of the dead that lucid dreaming is a crucially important skill for adepts to develop, and helps to reach other realms in the in-between state( the state right after you die when your unbound consciousness leaves your body to begin its journey) instead of just getting reincarnated again. possily it can help you reach a paradise or a buddha-realm.

--------------------

Offlineplexus

#3215927 - 10/04/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

a lot of the time i just FEEL that its a dream... i dont notice wierd things that seem out of place... im usually just like... hmmm this feels different... I KNOW THIS FEELING!...

but sometimes i do recognize wierd shit... like once i was dialing a phone that had 4 buttons in each row instead of 3... that triggered a lucid dream.

if youre interested in lucid dreaming, or dreaming in general, you should try some calea... its really really cheap at bouncing bears www.bouncingb.com it doesnt always give you lucid dreams.. but it does make your dreams much longer and vivid, odd and beautiful...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order