Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Shrooming, indoors/outdoors?
    #3209323 - 10/03/04 10:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Out of all the times I have been shrooming only twice have been indoors in the evening. For some reason it just makes more sense to be outside during the day in good weather. However now its autumn and its just miserable all the time. My friend feels exactly the same and howver badly we wanna trip we're still reluctant to trip indoors. Its not that its a really bad thing to do, you can chill to music or watch a film etc. but I just seem to find an edginess while tripping indoors, especially when theres many people around. I prefer to be in open air and wander and explore outside while peaking, and then return to a house afterwards to ride out the rest of the trip. Being in the confines of a house for the whole time makes me feel slightly trapped. Does anyone else find this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: Shrooming, indoors/outdoors? [Re: HilltopNomad]
    #3209626 - 10/03/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Absolutely, having walls around me makes me feel extremely confined and trapped. Where are you from? Autumn is the best time of the year in MT, I've had some great trips out hiking in the woods recently. All the leaves are turning, birds are migrating, wildlife is out gathering food before winter...It's beautiful.. Maybe you can plan your trip for a day when the weather is nice. It can't be miserable every day, can it? If worst comes to worse, you can just trip inside. Try to have a good 5 hours worth of things to do, and plan it so that no one else will be around except for the people or person you are tripping with. Good luck friend

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3209919 - 10/03/04 04:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Trip outdoors, during the day, while it's nice and sunny.

Simply dress warmly, you will have a great time, if you let it happen!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3209988 - 10/03/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Trippin indoors definitely has that effect on me. The first time I took shrooms, I felt like I was having an anxiety attack while sitting inside and watching a movie. I stepped outside and instantly felt better. From then on, Ive always preferred to go outside while trippin

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3210086 - 10/03/04 04:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

But don't you guys love having the walls slowly move in on you as if they were trying to crush you? I love it when the hallways gets narrower and narrower until I have to crawl just to keep myself from getting crushed. Hey! As long as I it's not like that in the real world, I have fun with it!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3210139 - 10/03/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, thats one of the few positives of trippin inside. I remember eatin shrooms one time and being in this hallway walkin up to the front door to go outside. The hallway just got narrower and increasingly stretched out in a sort of rounded view as if I were lookin at it through a fish eye lens. My friend was tryin to open the door but couldnt figure out how to unlock it, since we were in another friend's house. This situation had me laughing my ass off, especially since for some reason we were both under the impression that we had to be quiet.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3210263 - 10/03/04 05:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The only time that effect has happened was when I was in a grocery store trying to find the beer while I was trippin hard. Walking down the isles it looked like they were going to fall on me from both sides, it was scary as hell. I saw my reflection in the door of the freezer section and realized my pupils were huuuuge, so I left without the beer.

OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Re: Shrooming, indoors/outdoors? [Re: Pathos]
    #3210689 - 10/03/04 07:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well I'm from grey old England where as you probably picture from the stereotype it rains a lot. I can see where your coming from though, you do get nice autumn days, with the crispness in the air and the changing of the leaves. The change in temp doesn't bother me though, I just need a little bit of sunshine instead of this eternal miserable greyness that seems to dominate the sky. Plus there are still all the usual man made constraints that come into play when deciding when shrooms should be done.
Has anyone ever got bored with tripping indoors in the evening and then decided to go on an outdoor adventure? I guess the safety of it would depend on where you lived, but as long as you weren't paranoid to the point of scaring yourself and depending where you end up or what you do/see it could be kinda interesting.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
    #3215360 - 10/04/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I live on the north west coast of scotland and at this time of year it seems to be windy and rainy all tha time.  I go outside if the trip starts getting too intense, but if on a medium/low dose goin outside drastically reduces the visuals.  Everything still looks amazing though :laugh:  I find when am indoors the visuals come much more naturally and things morph a hell of a lot more which is cool.  Its a diferent story when i hook up with mates for shrooming, the guys i shroom with  still live in a city i used to stay at and when we trip its always better outside, at night time...

--------------------

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

#3215441 - 10/04/04 09:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My friends are lazy bastards and only want to chill inside. When I trip I have an explosion of energy at maybe 1 1/2 hours. I'll see faces in my jeans, walls, carpet moves. Shiver goes up my back and I don't wanna see this shit inside. I run outside and it's bliss. I can run, walk, rest, jump. Stuff that you cant do inside sitting down. Plus inside I can't go on crazy adventures, and public is always a rush for me. I love walking into super markets and stores with a lot of people. All the colors and items make me all happy. I can always act casual while tripping in public. When the floor/walls move I smile and keep walking. We chilled in a restaurant and our table was green marble and it morphed and moved for me and my three friends. Public is cool as long as you don't say shit like "The walls are melting... Ooh guys looks the table is morphing" That kinda gives hints to normal people.

--------------------
Never pass up a good time.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
    #3215688 - 10/04/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yea, cant help doin that though! Its so much easier to go into a supermarket with friends while on shrooms. Cant help thinkin that we look like psychos especially one of my mates whos eyes go absolutly mental while shrooming, he looks like hes on a rollercoaster ride hehe.

but anywy, if i was on my own i'd start gettin paranoid but with mates i dun mind at all saying things like 'fuck man look at the lights!'

--------------------

OfflineDUBS
Trippin' Mofo

#3215909 - 10/04/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had my first trip last Saturday. All together there were five of us, but only two of us, me and my friend, ate shrooms that night. For both of us it was our first time, although the other three with us had done it at least once before. About five minutes after it began we immediatly went outside and I can say the outside experience was pretty amazing, with alot more color and weird visuals, such as a road that began to make waves and a sky that turned red and began pulsating. My time spent inside consisted of less colors and such, but I had more hallucinations and felt different things happen to my body, such as my clothes would feel drenched in water or sometimes my face would melt away. Hallucinations included spinning plants, the ghost of an Indian shaman, and the picture on the TV spilling out. Outside and inside for me created two very different trips.

--------------------
Don't drink and drive, smoke weed and fly!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience