Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskuwiff
Stranger
Loc: New Holland
Glucose syrup (derived from corn)= karo?
    #3208838 - 10/03/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Is Glucose Syrup that is derived from corn the same thing as Karo?  I'm sick of shooting spores and natually want to give my liquid mcylium the best chance of success.  I know glucose (any type) would probally work anyway, but as this is my third attempt (the honey tek has not been nice to me :frown:) I really want it to work!

My honey jars developed a few barely visable mycelium fibres within 2 days and then stopped - no further growth at all.  All the pic's I've seen show mycelium forming into solid blobs in the honeywater, can the honeywater successfully be used as an inocoulant with only a few mycelium fibres?  Me thinks not....

Would the lack of growth be due to no air exchange?  As I don't have any filters on hand, am I correct to assume band aids would make an effective seal for the holes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

Re: Glucose syrup (derived from corn)= karo? [Re: skuwiff]
    #3208862 - 10/03/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

get some tyvec for filters man. its free just go to your local post office. a band aid cannot cover up a nail hole its only effective at sealing an injection site. poor co2 exchange will cause lack of growth.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale