Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
mangled time on a trip
    #3208825 - 10/03/04 02:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've read quite a few reports where they said they can predict something that's about to happen. I think there might be logical(if there is such a thing on a trip) reason for it.

I noticed early in my tripping years that there is a screwed up perception of time. By that I mean, I think the brain observes everything and then plays them in wrong order for you. I've seen people walk backwards, people talk backwards, cars doing hyperspace thing like in "Asteroid" game, and I've predicted stuff that were about to happen like getting 100% correct guesses on coin flips.

Maybe some people can really expand their mind to a point of predictions, but maybe some of predictions happened already and your mind just hasn't told your conciousness yet. What do you think?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: mangled time on a trip [Re: Sam1912]
    #3210555 - 10/03/04 07:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think that it's entirely possible, and even likely...DXM has a similar effect. Although another possibility is that due to a heightened creativity, you are better able to process incoming data patterns, and then predict the next in the series. However that is probably much less likely than what you suggested.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3210693 - 10/03/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I sort of know what you mean, I can always predict peoples actions and what they are going to say

It's a crazy idea but I think it's wicked

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3215455 - 10/04/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sounds possible, but what about people who predict something a day or so before it happens? i have had deja-vu experiences where i predicted what would happen, and what would happen would follow after what i saw in a flash (during non shrooming times).
one time ( i must have been 14 before ever touching drugs in my life), i was walking down a street, and i saw a green car with a brown top speed by and hit a guy at the corner on his bike. i started to run over, but then realized there was just a guy on a bike there, the car was just my imagination. 20 seconds later the guy starts biking along, slams on his brakes, and the same car i saw in a flash came to a screeching hault, as the 2 almost colided. in my flash i saw the 2 hit, and the guy fly off his bike, but in reality a brief time later i saw them ALMOST hit.
not trying to knock your theory, but i think sometimes it's more then a scrambled brain. i do think your brain can encode the wrong message to itself while under shrooms, but the mind is a very mysterious thing.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3215531 - 10/04/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well...hmm...

That's not to say that its not at all possible for something like that to happen, just rare I guess.

Those times that it does happen though...it makes you wonder...

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
Trippin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine Coast of BC
    #3215650 - 10/04/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

A friend of mine and I once(well many times) stared up at the stars while atop a mountian, and very high on mushrooms, in a secluded area. There are so many stars when you are out in the bush away from the city. We saw so many shooting stars and satellites. We must have just stared and talked for a good half hour. We saw so many crazy things going on up there(some real and some not), but we wanted to see a meteorite. We were saying how cool it would be to see one, and that we had never seen one before on such a clear night and...all the sudden i saw one of the most amazing things i have ever seen(high or not). This meteorite flew straight overhead. It lit up the whole sky. The trail behind it looked like it was a km long(we were very high though...).
We got up and looked at each other wondering if it had actually happened. He started getting all religious and saying god has sent it for us...ect. We calmed down a bit and met up with friends a little further down the mountian, and they had also seen it.
We didnt really predict it, but we talked about it for a bit and it just happened. A coincedence or a little more...you decide

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3215667 - 10/04/04 09:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah these are the kind of coincidences/synchronicities that make one wonder about the existance of some higher being...

What other similar experiences have you all had?

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: mangled time on a trip [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #3215879 - 10/04/04 11:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe it was just a plane and your sense of time was messed up because you were thinking about meteorite. Just a thought.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinelowercase
Drifter

#3215894 - 10/04/04 11:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

One time I picked a number between 1 and 100 and my friend guessed it first try. It blew my MIND.

--------------------
That is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3215958 - 10/04/04 11:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

things like that did not used to be rare. i would get flashes like that all the time when i was younger. it always scared the shit out of me too, cause i thought i was going crazy. it started happening when i was young, and faded quikly when i began smoking pot all the time. i moved to maine wheni was 19, to get away from drug use, and after my first month of sobriety it came back. i would start having flashes of things happening, and shure enough within a few minutes things would happen almost exactly the way i saw them. of course i started smoking pot again and it faded. i remember when they happened in maine, it would be so insane, i would be driving, and then i would see these events like i was there, then they would happen. i am not claiming to have psychic abilities or anything, but strange shit happens. i have had time stop all together once while tripping. the music turned into a familiar flange sound that just held itself. i looked around and everything was pefrectly still like in a really high res photo, even the person i was with, then as quikly as time stopped it stared again. the flange turned back into music, and things moved again. maybe it's not that time slowed down or anyhting, but more that my perception of time became faster, thus making everything look slow and still. i guess i'm getting off point, but time and the mind is one fucked up thing.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3215995 - 10/04/04 11:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I used to think that, too. Because your mind does thing bazillions times faster. But how would you be able to look around while time has stopped? I know mind does expand when tripping, but it also defy logic most of the time. Well, at least the logic in physical world. I'm sure some of the prediction thing is real, because my mind makes hundreds of predictions or thoughts every hour. If 1 came true, I'd definitely remember it, but what I was talking about is something repetitively, like flipping the coin 100 times and guessing it right 100 times. You know.. Once you realized that you had the ability, you'd do it again and again in the same trip.

I'm sure most heavy trippers have had this type of experiences along with divine trips, mother earth trips and mushroom god trips.

Just something to think about next time it happens to you, you know.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
Trippin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine Coast of BC
    #3220070 - 10/05/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe it was just a plane and your sense of time was messed up because you were thinking about meteorite. Just a thought.

It was most definetely a meteorite, 2 other trippers and 2 other sobers observed it from a different vantage point.

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3220956 - 10/06/04 12:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sam1912 said:
about to happen like getting 100% correct guesses on coin flips.

Sam

I was on 2.5g the other weekend, & playing a drinking game with some friends. Out of 12 coin flips none wrong. I told me gf it's the shrooms. foresight and knowledge. Weird shit. lol

OfflineWannasub
Stranger
Loc: South Australia
    #3221203 - 10/06/04 01:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have actually had an experience on shrooms a few weeks ago. A precognition type prediction I suppose. I wanted to know what the time was and had a vision type hallucination. Difficult to explain...but it was like I saw my alarm clock in my head..but not visually (if that makes sense). Some people might have had these visions before while tripping and understand what I mean. I saw 4:56am on the clock. Funnily enough, I realised/ accepted that it was the time...and then proceeded to get up and take a look at the clock. It was exactly 4:56am!!! I was absolutely stunned and couldn't believe what had happened. I suppose the chances of me seeing the correct time in my head out of pure luck is there...but remote. I never forget this experience...never will.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience