Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerubakai
Stranger
will it go away
    #3178406 - 09/25/04 08:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im sure everyone else here has heard this a thousand times but i guess i just need reassurance as this has never happened to me before. I used to smoke weed regularly for a couple of years and then stopped when i got to uni. However i had some very recently and i got really paranoid for the first time with loop thinking, i keep on thinking about the fact im thinking about it, and i cant do anything else. It subisided after a couple of hours probably cos it was 6 in the morning and i was fooking tired.

:confused:However the following afternoon it is back up again, which im quite worried about cos the affect of the drugs have surely worn off and yet im still really paranoid. has this happened to ne1 else so long after the last toke? and will it go away? someone please say yes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: will it go away [Re: rubakai]
    #3178542 - 09/25/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

it will probably go away eventually. you should probably avoid smoking pot completely though ya know.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3186614 - 09/27/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

id unno, it's wierd...
if i lay off from tokin' reefer for a few weeks or longer, & then fire one up, well ---> not only do i get waaaay too stoneded, but often i don't like the "headspace" i'm in... thought loops, paranoia, racing heart, "the fear", etc...
if i stop toking entirely again, it fades away; & if i decide to toke up the next day, & the next, well, it becomes a more familiar & comfortable mindset, & after a few days of reg'lar tokin', 'tsall good, dude...

wierd, huh?
(although it's possible that much of "the fear" would not even be, if the lawmakers had never legislated certain plants (& us poor users of said plants) into being proof of deviant/criminal/antisocial behaviour, & subject to proescution & incarceration...

(didn't president jimmy carter once say that the punishment for the crime should not cause more harm than the crime itself?)

~~~~
"now all my friends, they tell me
there's ther ways to get high
they don't seem
to understand
i'm too far gone to try"

(from "seeds 'n' stems again" / commander cody & his lost planet airmen)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3197609 - 09/29/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it takes me a good 48 hours after getting high to really feel 'normal' again.

i'm sure you'll be fine rubakai, but i would not toke anymore for a good while.

i just started seriously abstaining from reefer. i feel like myself again.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3202610 - 10/01/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It will definitely go away, as long as you don't smoke any more pot. Remember, THC stays in your body for an extraordinarily long period of time.

I can really relate. When I first started smoking, and for maybe the 3-4 years following that, it was cool. I didn't get particularly anxious, except for maybe a few spots here and there. Then, something happened. I don't know what it was, but the pot just started making me really really paranoid, self-conscious, and socially anxious - to the point where I just wanted to burst right out of my skin, or scream: "Don't you FUCKING look at me!!! at everyone.

So, I sort of smoked on-and-off (most times alone), at least until I went to Amsterdam - which, oddly enough really turned me off of pot, because that same insane feeling of being totally paralyzed by "the fear" would just keep coming back. Every time I heard a snicker I knew they were laughing at me. Every time I saw a smile I knew they were ridiculing me. Every time I looked into someone's eyes I knew they thought I was a disgusting freak. It's also worth noting that I was coming off of a cocaine addiction for one of the first times, so that made me depressed and anxious.

After awhile, I came to the conclusion that for me, smoking pot is generally not a good idea. I know most people don't have this paranoid reaction, which kind of pisses me off, because some people think they're doing you a favor by blowing smoke in your face. That's about as much a favor as flaying the skin off my body with brands of fire. I wish we could just do the Vulcan mind-meld for a few minutes, then they would understand what it feels like.

So now, I approach the ganja with caution. I know what it does to me, and there are only rare occasions where I'll smoke it. (Like if I'm really relaxed, and maybe with 1 other person.) You are not alone.

Sincerely,
- J.

Offlinetwlshadow
Stranger
    #3206602 - 10/02/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Are u guys sure your not smoking crack?.........lol just kidding

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3208434 - 10/02/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I overdid it one time and I was depressed, paranoid and dissolusioned with reality for about a month and a half. After about 2 months I was back to normal but changed. The first week I was TOTAL wreck. I felt so anxious, scared and alone all time. Week 2 was very hard as well, but I was travelling alot so things were easier especially during the day.
When I tried to smoke again I just got depressed for a few days. When I tried to smoke even more I got depressed for a couple of weeks. It will be a long time before I touch weed again.

It goes away eventually, for you it shouldn't be more than a week I'm guessing.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3212056 - 10/03/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Pot definately can bring some uncomfortable issues out. I feel pretty much the same as you except I quit pot because it made me feel anxious, rather than calm my anxiety.

Everytime I smoke I get really nihilistic and disaffirmed for awhile. It takes me about a week or two to get get back into a healthy consonant state of mind.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineLegends_of_Myst
Weird on aMonday night
Loc: central Al
Re: will it go away [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3241804 - 10/11/04 02:35 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey this is great thread and I understand most of every ones problems.I was an avid smoker for a few years then earlier this year i had to quit for legal issues.Well everything was taken care of so you know i toked up got stoned good ol feeling back again.But Ive started to notice ill start thinking about things that are bad.bad about myself ect..exactly as poke smot said...he hit it on the head for me.and when i get really stoned now i start to grit my teeth like I'm on blow or something not as bad but i notice I'm doing it.and i have always associated gritting my teeth with a bad obsessive situation i have put myself in(blow)..I was doing so good i thought.I was happy felt like i was fixing things you know.and now just in the past week i have felt like I'm going nowhere depressed almost.i have been smoking heavily again for a few months now (i didn't want to confuse anyone with the whole feeling low for a week thing).but i don't know just felt like expressing what i have been feeling also.sorry if my typing is hard to follow but when i get in a groove to let things flow from my brain i cant stop to correct my horrible run on's or ill loose my streak ha ha. much love to everyone

Robert

--------------------
"What people perceive as life and religion is merely a picture being shown to them over and over again,imprinted into the brain of society to be unlocked only by the beholder of his own mortality."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order