Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: The Single Most Important Thing To Know [Re: ]
    #3211208 - 10/03/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I can integrate just about every belief, every concept, and every philosophy into my life except that of elitism. Even people with whom I disagree, I find some meaning to the things with which I disagree, a way to make them meaningful to my life. But you sir, have found nothing in others, and so represent to me a true ego-maniac, surrounded spiritually only by oneself. Doesn't the loneliness kill you?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3211226 - 10/03/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say the most important thing a human can know is that they know nothing.

Socrates had a good point.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineShrooomKing
Revolving

Loc: Returning to OZ...
    #3212658 - 10/04/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well you obviously already said the answer, or didn't say, but I am going to write what I would have written until you blurted it out.

The single most important thing to know to live a happy life is: " "

Words can't really describe it. Every individual must learn this for themselves, because it is to themselves that they must be happy with.

--------------------
A driver knows that it is not the road that is his biggest obstacle, rather it is the poles.
A great driver understands, the poles will always be there, and he must learn to adjust.

I can't keep doing this on my own... with all these... people. -daniel plainview

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
    #3212718 - 10/04/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

DISCLAIMER!!!: I dont claim to be spiritualy advanced, an expert, or better or higher than you in my "spiritual status"

Wow... I have a few questions for you.

1)Do you not see yourself as an egocentric? elitist?
(please re-read through all your posts before answering this)

2)Do you have any sense of humor?

3)Do you see youself as an "expert"?

4)Do you see yoursel as enlightened"?

:kiss:

OK... now.... FIRST of all, Moonshoe's first comment wasnt a reflection of his current "spiritual status" or "the miserable life he has obviously attracted to himself." at all... I dont know HOW you saw that. His post was merely a reflection of his humor. His post was merely a humorous way of saying "dont be a tease". You know why he responded with that instead of his true idea of THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT WHATEVER!? because people at this forum see you come through here all the time. (no... not YOU... people like you. people who think they have all the answers...)

"Obviously, living a strong and healthy life is much more important than knowing that you will die someday or that no two people are the same. "

OBVIOUSLY?!?
That word right there is concrete evidence of your spiritual elitism...

What they said was their OPINION... what you say is your OPINION... to me, OBVIOSLY one isnt greater than the other.

But in my opinion, leading a strong and healthy life isnt more important than awareness of death. Not by far. What if you were born into sickness? What if you were born into a life of fatal sicknesses... im sure your OPINION would differ.

" If you think your response gives me a better view of reality than what I have learned after many years of study and application of philosophical beliefs you are quite delusional. "

All i could think of when i read that was the Beatles song " I Me Mine"...
..."flowing more freely than wine"...
(R.I.P. George)

"So far you people would have to be truly ignorant blind to believe that the answers you have given so far are more important for happiness than living a strong and healthy life."

Gaddamn... more? youre calling people truly blind and ignorant (or ignorant blind, whatever that means) for having a DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOU?

I dont live a heatly life... I smoke and I drink... I dont eat well, I dont eat 3 sqare meals a day (more like 4 one day, 1 another day, 0 the next)... I have a sleep schedule that one could only call fucked up, Im an insomniac... and my life has been a plauge of financial misfortion... Im poor and always have been... but i couldnt possibly see me being any happier than I am... I just dont mind... Im grateful that my experience has led me to where i am today.

"Your attitude is one of the main things a person should never sustain if one is to live the most wonderful and happy life possible. "

ummm....  YOUR  attitude is one of the main things a person should never sustain if one is to live the most wonderful and happy life possible.

"I did my best to be as nice as possible as I pointed out my observations. "

Id hate to meet you in person then.

"If you are weak and sickly just saying ?unconditional love? doesn?t mean anything and if you truly think about it you will most certainly agree."

If i were weak and sickly, i think the most important thing for me would be to come to terms with my sickness and the cycle of life and death... not drink carrot juice.

"A long way left to go before I become as spiritually advanced as you? Ha!"

If you think youre not egocentric and elitist after that comment, youre truly ignorant.

"From the tone of your egocentric 'know it all' post it seems you really need to take your own advice. Just look at you signature quotes and statements. They are the statements of a mixed-up minded person.These are not the type of statements that the truly spiritually advanced would use to represent themselves:"

a)his posts werent egocentric at all compared to any one of yours.
b)his sig quotes reflect his humorus, satirical side... not his "mixed-up minded" nature

"It?s no wonder that mankind is a race growing in insanely killing turmoil. "

Youre saying this is new? that our modern times have made us worse? Look at our history. We have always been blood-lusting barbarians... even to most spiritually advanced cultures were violent... this modern time connects us to each other... to share our ideas... the more we'll be able to do that, the sooner we'll be able to understand each other's perceptions. When the children of today are old and dying, the world will be a better place. People are increasingly against war... against persecution.

The only thing different about now and then, is that we have sophisticated weaponry... too sophisticated for our own good. Weaponry that can possibly doom us into exinction, like you said.. which is possible and very likly the way we're headed. But i have hope that realization will spread, and with that, tolerance. The first thing we need to do is to stop thinking we're better than ANYONE else. ahem...  stop thinking we're better than ANYONE else :wink:

"First I would like to wait until everyone who is inspired to do so responds and gives their views before I reveal the answer I have received directly from nature at incredible power spots."

For Christ's sake, spit it out!
All youre doing with your stupid delay is making your final reveal that much more dissapointing to us.

I have a prediction for this thread.

First, youre going to tell everyone why their ideas are utter ignorant  :poop: .... then youre going to reveal your idea in all its glory. It will be dissapointing. No one will take your idea seriously. Then there'll be an onslaught of people posting saying why they think your idea ISNT the most single important thing to know. And youll possible never be taken seriously at this forum again. oh wait... to say again would imply that someone has taken you seriously before. so... no one will take you seriously like you want them to.

You went completely the wrong way of going about this. The way you did it was "I KNOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER!!!! guess what it is.... ... ... all your guesses are wrong, you are all ignorant pieces of shit that are below me" the way you shouldve gone about this is "this is what i think the most important thing to know is. what do you think the important thing to know is? lets discuss. let me tell you why i think this." And now, no one will take you seriously.

Or maybe they will and your statement will be a beautiful revelation, and upon reading it, our bodies will turn to light and we'll trancend this physical plain and become one, and return to the source. I dont know. And I dont know what the most important thing to know is. I would never claim i do. Because it IS all relative. It varies between person to person as does perception. The most important thing to know DEPENDS on individual perception. What might be the most extreme of importance to you could be a passing thought in another.

Its important to let go of your beliefs. Believe in nothing.

I think the most single important thing to know is that EVERY SINGLE THING you BELIEVE, THINK, or ASSUME can be and is possibly TOTALLY WRONG. Life and reality is based on opinion... your opinion, and the opinions pressed onto you. I also think its an utterly important thing to know how to be humble, how to be humbled, and how to be wrong. Which we all will learn after death.
(but that IS just my opinion and could be and is possibly completely wrong  :wink: )

this is what i think of your posts : :doggystyle:
(please dont take this as a reflection of my piece of shit life... its just a joke)

... but seriously... your posts disgust me at times. sorry. I still love you.:kiss:

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Edited by plexus (10/04/04 04:58 AM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3213025 - 10/04/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sidarthurr said:
I was curious whether or not any of you mushroom people know what this single most important thing is.

Not to listen to self important blowhards, but to "Follow your bliss" as Joseph Campbell suggested.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3213403 - 10/04/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The single most important thing we need to know is that there is no such thing as a spirit and reality as we know is just an interaction of chemicals in one's brain. Oh yea and also that I shouldn't flame like I just did, because then trendal has do actually do some work!

(please don't flame, deep :wink: edited by trendal - 10/04/04)

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Edited by trendal (10/04/04 11:39 AM)

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
Re: The Single Most Important Thing To Know [Re: deff]
    #3213420 - 10/04/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's at least two things d33p.

--------------------

Anonymous

To the Visionaire [Re: The_Visionaire]
    #3213672 - 10/04/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

?OK, I'll finish this off then...

The single most important thing to Know to live a full, happy and harmonius life is that: ALL IS ONE.

This truth is not relative and there is no argument against it. A true realization of this highest truth will initiate coherent action and lead life to its fullest potential.?

MY RESPONSE:

In deference to the great teachings, philosophies and mythologies in the world I have been inspired by the Spirit to treat all that which I cannot fully verify as mythology. I (((BELIEVE))) that ?all is one?, but I cannot fully verify the statement and so it remains mythology to me. Believing mythology to be fact is ((((NOT)))) the most important thing to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible.

:mushroom2:

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: To the Visionaire [Re: ]
    #3213793 - 10/04/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I usually refrain from petty flames, but i flame when flames are due. This guy is just too full of himself and a complete I'll save you the trouble trendal.

His ego deserves a swift kick in the ass. This is one of those cases were Mushrooms did great harm rather than good.

Also im wondering sid, do you come off as such an elitist to your friends or only over the internet. I just don't see how anyone with an attitude such as yours could have friends.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: To Sid [Re: ]
    #3213828 - 10/04/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I beg to add, not differ or argue.

Most people here "know" that we are one in essense, if they beleive in spirit essense.

I don't think "knowing" it or conceptualising it intellectually is enough to create the benefits you described.

It has to be emotionalized to be acted upon. In your openning post you set people a part from yourself. You may "know" it in theory, and you arn't demonstrating it through action though, yet.

I'm in the process of emotionalising it and it's a goal of mine. There are a good handfull of people here who I think have done it well and set an example. Off the top of my head, Def, and Skorpio set an example of having integrated that knowing to where they almost consistantly if not always, demonstrate it. I know there are more here too.

There is a big difference between knowing and being what you know. Knowing is start though.

Typo edit

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (10/04/04 01:20 PM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: To Sid [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3213876 - 10/04/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hahaha..

This is all hilarious from back here...

P.S. Sid, they're right. You're an elitest.

It's not too late to change, though. You won't want to believe you're an elitest, obviously, but if you choose to go out on a limb and consider that we MIGHT be right on this one, there might still be time to save you.

Yes, you. It's a scary thing to acknowledge that the new-found spiritual ego is still an ego and can still take over control without you ever being the wiser, but it's TRUE. It's true for EVERYONE. Don't take that personally, because these are not personal attacks.

Beware the veil of forgetfulness... in the moment of reaction, perhaps you've let it drop back down; And perhaps you were none the wiser.

Anonymous

Response [Re: d33p]
    #3213917 - 10/04/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I spent most of yesterday working out at one of the most beautiful power spots I have ever known for it is indeed true that (((ONE))) of the most important things for being wonderfully happy is to treat?s one?s body as sacred and strive to live a strong and healthy life. Being weak and sickly is not akin to a happy existence. Among other things, I was diving right in the area of the picture I took that you should be seeing above. I?ve been involved with bodybuilding and martial arts for over twenty-years and you should be able to see my shadow in the lower left-hand corner of the picture. Note the muscles.

I continue to verify the single most important thing I need to know every time I go to such spots. One of the things I was reminded of again, while I was there, is that (((ONE))) of the most important things to remember in order to live a wonderful and happy life is to settle one?s thoughts by forgiving oneself and everyone everywhere equally. As a general rule: if I cannot think wonderful things about people I should discipline my thoughts and literally not think about people at all. Instead of negatively judging others I should always do my best to either bless others in my imagination, exactly the way I want the Spirit to bless me, or I should not think of people at all. So (((ONE))) of the most important things to do in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible is to treat one?s mind as sacred and forgive and bless others even as I envision the Spirit forgiving and blessing me.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: Response [Re: ]
    #3213947 - 10/04/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sidarthurr said:

I spent most of yesterday working out at one of the most beautiful power spots I have ever known for it is indeed true that (((ONE))) of the most important things for being wonderfully happy is to treat?s one?s body as sacred and strive to live a strong and healthy life. Being weak and sickly is not akin to a happy existence. Among other things, I was diving right in the area of the picture I took that you should be seeing above. I?ve been involved with bodybuilding and martial arts for over twenty-years and you should be able to see my shadow in the lower left-hand corner of the picture. Note the muscles.

I continue to verify the single most important thing I need to know every time I go to such spots. One of the things I was reminded of again, while I was there, is that (((ONE))) of the most important things to remember in order to live a wonderful and happy life is to settle one?s thoughts by forgiving oneself and everyone everywhere equally. As a general rule: if I cannot think wonderful things about people I should discipline my thoughts and literally not think about people at all. Instead of negatively judging others I should always do my best to either bless others in my imagination, exactly the way I want the Spirit to bless me, or I should not think of people at all. So (((ONE))) of the most important things to do in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible is to treat one?s mind as sacred and forgive and bless others even as I envision the Spirit forgiving and blessing me.

What if i told you that you were completely wrong?

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Response [Re: ]
    #3213961 - 10/04/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"I have learned that there is one single most important thing that people need to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible."

id relly like to hear what the one single most important thing could be though :P i really do not grasp the "bether than" consept..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Response to Sid [Re: ]
    #3213974 - 10/04/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Why didn't you just make this last post your first one? Had you spent a few weeks reading here first, you would've seen that most all of what you said has been said here, minus the part about your big muscles.

A lot of these "shroom people" are pretty brilliant and amazing from the heart, mind and soul combined.

It's still nice to be reminded of our oneness and share perspectives on it and how we use that knowledge integrated into our lives for benefit.

This board has tremendous forgiving abilities, stick around and find out.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3213976 - 10/04/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:dumblol:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Anonymous

Re: To Sid [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3213998 - 10/04/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"P.S. Sid, they're right. You're an elitest."

MY RESPONSE:

(((ONE))) of the most important things to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy life possible is that what you think of me is (((YOUR))) problem, not mine. Convincing others of ANYTHING is not required for me to live the most wonderful and happy life possible. So call me and ?elitest? or any thing you please for the truly enlightened are not phased by the insults of others. If they are that is an indication that the person is not truly enlightened.

I am now more truly ?enlightened? than I have ever been and intend to become even more truly ?enlightened? than ever before.

There is indeed one most important thing that people need to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible. I know that which none of you obviously do and use it to my advantage as much as I possibly can. Whether you know it or not is truly (((YOUR))) problem, not mine. 

:grin:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3214018 - 10/04/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"There is indeed one most important thing that people need to know in order to live the most wonderful and happy lives possible. I know "

so... what is it then?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3214054 - 10/04/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

He cant say it, cuz it cant be said in words, and he thinks we can, obviously its his problem :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Anonymous

Re: Response [Re: d33p]
    #3214079 - 10/04/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"What if i told you that you were completely wrong?"

MY RESPONSE:

What I have learned from and through nature is so real to me, and continues to grow in strength and power, that it would be like your stating I was completely wrong if wrote that the pacific ocean is extremely beautiful.

:grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder