Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
EASTERN Washington Shroomers
    #3206059 - 10/02/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've noticed that the focus on Washington shroom hunting has been heavily focussed on the western part of the state (probably because they are more abundant there..), but for those of us that live in the eastern part of the state, there seem to be no resources of where to find shrooms, at least that I could find through my searching. I am new to shrooming, so any resources are helpful.

Therefore, this thread can be used to share some tips and knowledge about Eastern Washington shrooming.

(I did read the rules about locations, but considering through my hour long internet search, I could not find any information on psilocybin mushrooms in Eastern Washington, I thought this could be a useful resource for anyone who is curious about it as well, and for those that would like to share.)

As I understand, Liberty Caps are only in the western part of the state, any others that grow east of the cascades?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: matchbook]
    #3206736 - 10/02/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

are you talking about actives or edibles?

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: mycoguy]
    #3209044 - 10/03/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm talking about the actives.  I know we have some great edibles (morels come to mind :smile: ), but I have not been able to find out if there are any known actives in eastern part of washington.  Most of eastern Washington is quite desertous, but in the southeast part where I live, it borders some lush mountains.. so I'm thinking there are possibilities, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can speak out?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3209873 - 10/03/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Shrooms in the PNW are either in pasturelands in manured soil but not directly out of manure.
Or in Man made environments such as lawns and/or mulched in gardens.

There should be some there but it is more bo doubtful. but it does not hurt to look.

mj

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3209980 - 10/03/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

eastern wa rocks spokcompten rulz!!

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
    #3215507 - 10/04/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

whoa crazy. this isn't really pertinent to the thread you have going here. but i just moved out of pullman wa, and yeah i dont think i have ever met a random person anywhere that was from that corner of the world. i go back to pullman to visit friends relatively frequently. if you are looking for kids to trip with, write me back. sorry i cant really help you with the hunting for actives bit. but yeah its a small world matchbook.

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #3215591 - 10/04/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

im in pullman right now, havent seen any actives

sorry.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

#3216350 - 10/04/04 10:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would be VERY surprised if anyone found active psilocybes over there. but like mj said, it doesn't hurt to look :smile:

DH

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: spores]
    #3232855 - 10/08/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

NO SPECIFIC LOCATIONS ALLOWED! PERIOD!

REVIEW THE RULES! This is an offical warning.

Post delted by Gumby.

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Edited by Gumby (10/08/04 12:14 PM)

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: Sammy]
    #3233152 - 10/08/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Appologies for the 'specific location'. Let me rephrase

"Look in Olympia, Washington.. parks and such, you'll find em'"

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineE Woo Shroomer
Stranger
Male

Loc: WA
Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: guri]
    #9276426 - 11/20/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I live in Cheney, WA just outside Spokane. My girlfriend and I found some good looking P. CYS in a local cow pasture. We havn't fully identified them for sure yet so we posted an ID request. Check out the pictures if you have time. Help me identify, I'm like the rest of you all from East WA, I'm praying we can find some good stuff out here.

--------------------
==D

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: Sammy]
    #9276603 - 11/20/08 01:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sammy said:"Look in Olympia, Washington"

Olympia isn't exactly eastern Washington. I mean I could be wrong, being located in Germany and all, but the last time I checked it was in the west. Well west of the Cascades anyways and I think that makes all the difference.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineE Woo Shroomer
Stranger
Male

Loc: WA
Re: EASTERN Washington Shroomers [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9278548 - 11/20/08 12:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
Quote:

Sammy said:"Look in Olympia, Washington"

Olympia isn't exactly eastern Washington. I mean I could be wrong, being located in Germany and all, but the last time I checked it was in the west. Well west of the Cascades anyways and I think that makes all the difference.

Totally agree, I've lived in Federal Way, WA (Western Washington) for about 13 years and have just recently moved to Spokane, WA (Eastern Washington). Deutch Kahuna hit the nail on the head. Western Washington (west of the Cascades) is different in MANY ways to Central Wa and Eastern WA, from plants types and species to yearly rainfall and different kinds of people too. True, Western WA is prime for psy shrooms and that fire hydro, although psys can also be found in the far eastern parts of WA closer to the Idaho border and the Rocky Mountains.

--------------------
==D

OfflinePsychoMycologist
Student

#23759133 - 10/21/16 08:36 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

A couple weeks ago I saw some mushrooms that made me think of Liberty Caps at Farragut State Park.

White spore print, though. I think they were probably Mycena galericulata.

Tons of mushrooms up there, though. Lot's of variety. A little more precip and humidity most of the year than Spokane, so maybe slightly better hunting grounds.

--------------------
"When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing."
-- Tom Robbins

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds