Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Japan: A model for foreign policy? [Re: afoaf]
    #3203675 - 10/01/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

mmmmmmm.....asbestos

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Japan: A model for foreign policy? [Re: Skikid16]
    #3203802 - 10/01/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Asbestos has that stick to your lung longevity....comes in three different flavors.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Japan: A model for foreign policy? [Re: Skikid16]
    #3203812 - 10/01/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it's only dangerous when it is disturbed.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3204183 - 10/01/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Like me.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Japan: A model for foreign policy? [Re: Evolving]
    #3204248 - 10/01/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

seriously :smirk:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Japan: A model for foreign policy? [Re: Tao]
    #3204868 - 10/01/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

japan had no say in the content of their constitution, it was written for them. i think macarthur had a lot of input(?)
many people here hate it.
prime minister koizumi has been making moves to rewrite it for a few years now - hence deploying troops to iraq (about 80) was the first step towards this. he wants japan to have the right to attack and defend.

great joke is they cannot call their army an army, it is the 'ground self defense force' and of course the ssdf and asdf.
japans military is the 5th biggest in the world and very well equipped - with usa made weaponry, they are told what to buy and are not allowed to shop around.
there are still many 1000s of usa troops stationed in japan - for which the japanese govt has to pay literally billions of dollars for the privelige.
protection racket? or just keeping a watchful eye on a naughty child?
japan is still an occupied country, same for germany.

tokyo firebombings killed more people than a-bombs, but the a-bombs had a far greater psychological impact that carries on to people today.
at least once a week i see or read some article concerning a-bomb victims. this week they erected a memorial for the 10 american prisoners who died in the hiroshima attack.
many of the injured from hiroshima were quarantined on a nearby island, their injuries from the radiation were new and i guess inexplicible at the time. last month a mass grave was discovered on this island - truly this stuff has not been forgotten.
i really doubt japan would repeat the past, these days they are more scared of the future, when the usa weakens (all empires rise and fall)
and china becomes the strongest and takes its revenge.
btw- any of you guys heard of the karakoram highway built by the chinese army thru the himalayas into pakistan - one day they'll be cruising down there and straight into the oil, baby.

as for treatment of foreigners in japan, virtually impossible to get residence status here. even the children of korean prisoners, forcibly bought over in the war to work as slaves, are not japanese citizens, cannot vote, are fingerprinted (actually they stopped that 4 years ago) and must carry their 'alien registration card' 24/7.
if i'm caught without my card, its 3 days in the lockup for me.

actually the us constitution must be among the best, its just all the asshole politicians who misinterpret or ignore it for their own ends.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3205755 - 10/02/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

they didn't just get hit by 2 A bombs...

we had already fire bombed every major city
in japan.

true.
that didn't stop them, though.

The two nukes are really what got them to sit up and collectively say "Fucking hell, we can't fight these sons'v bitches, look at this shit!"

Quote:

there are still many 1000s of usa troops stationed in japan - for which the japanese govt has to pay literally billions of dollars for the privelige.
protection racket? or just keeping a watchful eye on a naughty child?

Err -- to clear that up, we've talked about pulling the troops out before, and they raise a big stink every time.
They get a lot of money from those bases. Same as Germany, the Phillipines, and wherever the hell else we still have military bases.

What, you think a bunch of 18-to-twentysomething troops don't go out and blow their pay on food, drink, women and trinkets?

Japan was FORCED into not having a military because they misbehaved with theirs. We promised we would defend them if needed. That was the mistake we made after WWI with Germany -- no military, fuck you we don't care.
We spent what, 5 years in Japan 'NATION BUILDING'?
Seems to have turned out pretty good in my opinion.

I imagine that probably the same thing would happen to America if we were to sign an unconditional surrender. Actually, I imagine it would be far worse, more along the lines of post-WWI Germany. Fortunately, I don't see us doing such a thing, we're still the Big Dog.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Japan: A model for foreign policy? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3205951 - 10/02/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Err -- to clear that up, we've talked about pulling the troops out before, and they raise a big stink every time.
They get a lot of money from those bases. Same as Germany, the Phillipines, and wherever the hell else we still have military bases.

What, you think a bunch of 18-to-twentysomething troops don't go out and blow their pay on food, drink, women and trinkets?

try this link for a start
http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=9&id=279127

most servicemen never leave their bases,
most are not interested in japan and
everything is cheaper at the base.
especially in okinawa, they are refused service in most bars due to the number of fights they start and rapes they commit.
search rape/us military/okinawa it is a big problem.

compared to the billions of dollars the japanese govt pays the usa to keep bases here, i doubt seargent wilco's 3 beers on a friday night makes any difference to the economy.
phillipines of course is another story.

saying all that, the japanese govt does want the usa bases to stay, just not in populated areas. ie - 'stay away from us locals'
check this link -
http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=9&id=313070
koizumi is trying to get them out of okinawa, the locals there
(who do not consider themselves to be japanese) are pretty fed up with being occupied.

they are trying to get the bases up into the wilds of hokkaido, kind of japan's alaska. far away from anyone and close to north korea.

i have lived in japan for 7 years now, i have not met a single person who wants the usa bases to stay.
it is simply national pride - they want it back :wink:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]