Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
WTF??? How even should we shoot for colonization/pinning?
    #3205449 - 10/02/04 01:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So, I am seeing these pics of poo casings very well myc'd up and some pics (Hyphae?) that make me drool the pinset is so tight and massive. 
      I'm looking at a 4th flush here, after dunking, but I'm getting this random pinning way before I see any sort of general myc colonization of the verm.  I mean, pins were pushing up here and there before the myc was colonizing the verm.  In this instance, I *couldnt* patch because you don't patch pins (I think?) as that will just cause aborts?  Why won't my myc colonize the casing layer so I can patch an' stuff and make an even pinset??? 
      Thanks for helping a newb!  :grin: :thumbup: :thumbup:

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescotthorn9
Stranger
Re: WTF??? How even should we shoot for colonization/pinnin [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3205484 - 10/02/04 01:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The pinning before the mycelium reaches the surface of the casing is probably due to a temperature drop. If you use an incubator for your subtstrate before casing, tryin popping the casing back in the incubator for a few days (until the first signs of myc show on the top of the casing), patch, and then put the casing in the fruiting chamber (lower temps). By the time the mycelia decide to start pinning they should have colonized most of the surface.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: WTF??? How even should we shoot for colonization/pinnin [Re: scotthorn9]
    #3205492 - 10/02/04 01:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, here's what I did. I've been playing around with saturating casings in h2O2, water for about 12 hours (essentially a dunk). Then, last time I took the myc blocks out of their containers, washed them, dunked them in their containers a-la Roger Rabbit's casing dunk tek (Cept I put them in their containers and they didn't float, so I assume they were relatively hydrated already).
So I re-cased the poo casings after washing/dunking. Then all of a sudden I see pins coming up here and there.
My concern is that I interrupted the pinning of a general flush. I had to pick some aborts off while washing. Now more random shit is coming up.
I see flushes, of course, but these are followed by aftershocks. LIke, scattered pins that are synchronized so I am hesitant to pick them early and dunk.
Is this clear? OKay. Sorry all. It's getting late. Thanks!

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation