Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
A Physically Bad Trip....
    #3202311 - 10/01/04 02:02 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I posted this in another thread earlier this morning, and was curious if anybody else out there suffered the same type of thing that I do.... Having a different point of view that was again confirmed to me last night when I tripped on shroomz.... It is a bitter sweet for me.... When I first start to trip, the mind expanding part is Heaven.... The Hell part is that Shroomz must act as an inflamatory, and it kills my back something fierce about 1/2 way thru my trips - no matter how low the dose - and lasts for a couple of days after.... I have a degenerated disk in my low back that has herniated twice now (two surguries so far with a "back fusion" on the horizon).... Knowing this, I timed my trip with a scheduled cortizone shot that I got earlier today....

I don't have access to LSD, but when I did it once a year ago, I don't remember the back pain in the wonderful experience I had.... I guess this is why I am here on this type of website, in search of and learning about different mind expanding substances.... Then again brings to the forfront, access.... Thus frustration.... GGggrrrrr.... - different topic....

I just really wondered if there were any other people out there that have negative physical problems (besides gastrointestinal) that seem to cause pain or other problems as a result of ANY other psychedelic substances.... Misery loves company...?

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: A Physically Bad Trip.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3208670 - 10/03/04 01:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

**BUMP**

DaMMiT, I can't be the only one...!!!!!  (Can I...?)  :frown:

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineLysergic_1968
Ego-killer
Loc: The Seventh Circle of Hel...
    #3208768 - 10/03/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i guarantee you're not the only one dude. cramps and gastrointenstinal pain/discomfort are actually a pretty well-known side effect of mushrooms. while i'm not sure as to the physiology behind this, i know that it does occur in a fair number of users. while i have never personally experienced this (other than some expected gastrointestinal discomfort), i have a friend who can no longer take mushrooms due to this effect. he gets such painful cramps in his legs and stomach that he is unable to enjoy the otherwise beautiful and eye-opening trip. it seems that some people's bodies simply dont agree with mushrooms, which is a damn shame. if youre just in it for the fun you may want to look elsewhere, but if youre willing to sacrifice some pain in hopes of grasping the big picture, it might be worth pushing past the cramps. anyway good luck and i hope your trips work out

--------------------
"Turn on, tune in, drop out." --Dr. Timothy Leary

Edited by Lysergic_1968 (10/03/04 02:13 AM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3208819 - 10/03/04 02:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If i am tripping crazy hard and smoke weed, i will take massive hits of herb without realizing how big of hit i took. This has few times initiated insanly hard coughing. The last time i took more then 1 hit of lsd i rember coughing so hard it still hurt the next day.

I get overall muscle tension from lsd and mushrooms more so then lsd. When i get it its usually in my legs.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3208848 - 10/03/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

One mushroom trip made it feel like my air passages constricted really tight and cause difficulty breathing. It passed after about 30 minutes tho, and it hasnt happened since.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3208965 - 10/03/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

An annoying physical symptom that I often get is increased heart rate. I've had tmes that i thought i was gonna have a heart attack and this makes me very paranoid, thus ruining the trip.

Ive experienced some mild aches in my legs and back but nothing really as extreme as you described. I naturally have some back problems also but i dont think that mushrooms really contribute to the pain.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: A Physically Bad Trip.... [Re: Lysergic_1968]
    #3211792 - 10/04/04 12:32 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, if it was just a little pain, it would be alright....  But when it starts effecting work, no can do....  I do sometimes get back pain associated with a big weather change, like how they explain for people with arthritis....  Does anybody trip that has problems with arthritis....?  Do shroomz make it worse for you....?  It is kind of a long shot, because my problem is not exactly the same, but was wondering....  :smile:

ChoW~

--------------------

>^;;^<

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience