Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Homemade Syringe?
    #3198694 - 09/30/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Anybody got any easy syringe making ideas, cant order over the net (lost my card), and I accidentally broke my only one. Is there any good ways to make one with normal household items? This is probably a retarded ass question but im desprate here!

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: Leukoism]
    #3198734 - 09/30/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I assume you have a print? Or at least a fresh cap to start with right?

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: ricelicker]
    #3198754 - 09/30/04 01:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ya, I have already made the prints just need somthing to put them in so I can innoculate

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
    #3198779 - 09/30/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

drink the spore solution, then use your penis to inoculate.

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Offlinericelicker

#3198783 - 09/30/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Use the oven tek or a glove box. Boil some water for 10 mins, suck it up while boiling into a syringe, purge the syringe and repeat four times. On the fourth time let it cool completely. Heat the syringe up until it's red hot with a lighter. Let cool and put a sterilized shot glass, your print some rubbing alcohol, a few peices of paper towel & the cooled syringe in your glove box or on the oven rack.

Swab the needle of the syringe with rubbing alcohol (paper towel) and then open the print. Scrape some visible spores into the shot glass. Shoot some water out of the syringe, stir and suck back up.

Works every time IME

--------------------

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Offlinericelicker

Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: wds]
    #3198785 - 09/30/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wds said:
drink the spore solution, then use your penis to inoculate.

:biggrin: :lol: :grin:

--------------------

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

#3198791 - 09/30/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I feel bad for anybody who eats ur shrooms wds

--------------------

Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
    #3198822 - 09/30/04 02:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Leukoism said:
I feel bad for anybody who eats ur shrooms wds

well, i tried the penile inoculation tek, and have had success, but the first time i tried it, i ended up inoculating with my own seed.

since then i have perfected this tek, but usually i just use a normal syringe, because you get alcohol in your urethra while sterilizing your penis.

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: wds]
    #3198828 - 09/30/04 02:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ouch! I can only imagine the flame sterilization

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3198915 - 09/30/04 03:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have tons of sterile syringes, but I wouldn't know how to safely share with anyone here... If any ideas, I'd love to know.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #3198964 - 09/30/04 04:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ricelicker said:
Use the oven tek or a glove box. Boil some water for 10 mins, suck it up while boiling into a syringe,

Don't you need a syringe for that? He said he did'nt have a syringe... hows this gonna help?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: Pinhead]
    #3199012 - 09/30/04 05:33 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You know what? You can go buy a ink jet refill kit and it'll include 1 or 2 syringes... let me check how big they are. Looks like some aren't labelled, but the other one I got is 12 cc and 5cc. They come with very long needles but they are blunt. You'll have to sterilize them like mad, but if you are really really desperate...

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineluigi
journeyman
    #3199018 - 09/30/04 05:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When you get a syringe,take a ziplock bag and put print in it and zip closed.Then wipe a spot on the bag with an alcohol swab and inject sterrile water into the bag.Then rub the spores off the print into the water.Last suck up the spore water into the syringe and your good to go.The bags are sterrile right out of the box so if your print is clean so is your spore solution.Good Luck!

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: luigi]
    #3199049 - 09/30/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

actually, we recently had a post where ziplock said their bags are not sterlie from the box. the bag isn't self-healing, so that's gonna allow contams.

bad advice luigi.

see if you can get a syringe from someone in the marketplace. people there are willing to help you out... i'm sure someone has syringes. i found some there.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: luigi]
    #3199052 - 09/30/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think we are trying to find some syringes for Leukoism. And I think there are much safer way to make sterile syringes than assuming sterile baggie and sterile print paper(back of paper/foil, tape used to seal, etc...) Hope you find your syringe, Leukoism.

Sam

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Homemade Syringe? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3200440 - 09/30/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ZeroArmy27 said:
actually, we recently had a post where ziplock said their bags are not sterlie from the box. the bag isn't self-healing, so that's gonna allow contams.

bad advice luigi.

see if you can get a syringe from someone in the marketplace. people there are willing to help you out... i'm sure someone has syringes. i found some there.

Actually it was good advice. Ziplock who posts hear is not the maker of Ziplock brand bags which is what he said to use and ARE sterile right out of the box. Ziplock is a sponser and they were talking about the bags they sell for putting grain in (mycobags), not actual ziplock bags.

If you swab the spot on the bag with alcohol (which should always be done when injecting anything) that will work fine.

But the whole question isnt how to make a print into a syringe, I'm fairly sure this person already knows how to do that, they said they broke their only one. The question was how to make a make shift syringe.

A couple of things you can do. You could just use an eye dropper and jar..work in a sterile room (you could use the oven tek I guess too but I dont fully trust it) throw the print in a small jar of distiled water (should be boiled or better PCed too) and just suck up some with the eye dropper then open your jars and drop it in. This is what I'd do

You could scrape a few spores directly into the jars too but this might lead to hydration (of the sprores) problems if your substrate isn't wet enough. Blast, I just thought I don't know how well these would work with a PF Tek because of the dry verm layer.

THese would have to be done in a very sterile environment, I dont think you could get away with it to well without using a HEPA filter though. Or grains for that matter. Not really a way to make a syringe but they are fairly needed to this hobby...check out feed stores and pharmacies..if your lucky they'll have syringes for about a buck or two. They don't around me so I ordered some. Also I think you mentioned not having a credit card being a reason you didnt order? If so Ralphsters (sponser here) sells syringes pretty cheap and takes money orders (only) so look him up. ralphstersspores.com

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order