Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re. Humidification Technique
    #3199593 - 09/30/04 12:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am going to begin a large sized spawn. I recently purchased a Humidifier desinged to supply reptilian animals an ideal climate at all times in a 55 gal tank. The humidifier is driven by a diaphram air pump and filters the air through a sponge so it probibly wont introduce any bacteria, but how will the humidity affect the spawn.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sPageName=WD1V.
That is the pump

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Re. Humidification Technique [Re: EastCoastKid]
    #3200187 - 09/30/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

#1 this won't do shit for your humidity really, secondly the air doesn't travel through the sponge it travels above the sponge so if your not using an in-line homemade filter then contams may be introduced. That sponge will need to be kept clean as it will harbor contams bigtime! By large what exactly are you talking 50-100lbs.? More? Heres that filter I had mentioned and it would go right after the airpump. Perlite humidification will leave you with a much more stable environment RH wise or better yet a PMP.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Re. Humidification Technique [Re: hyphae]
    #3200309 - 09/30/04 04:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
#1 this won't do shit for your humidity really, secondly the air doesn't travel through the sponge it travels above the sponge so if your not using an in-line homemade filter then contams may be introduced. That sponge will need to be kept clean as it will harbor contams bigtime! By large what exactly are you talking 50-100lbs.? More? Heres that filter I had mentioned and it would go right after the airpump. Perlite humidification will leave you with a much more stable environment RH wise or better yet a PMP.

that is a damn good idea  :thumbup:
(*rushes to tell kramer*) :shocked:

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

Lord Of The Idiots!
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Re. Humidification Technique [Re: george castanza]
    #3200324 - 09/30/04 04:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
Quote:

hyphae said:

that is a damn good idea  :thumbup:
(*rushes to tell kramer*) :shocked:

WOW you mean mods don't know everything?

*BOOMING VOICE FROM THE SKY*
a wise man need not know the answer.... only where to find it....

--------------------

Quote:

ROTHBURY

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3200534 - 09/30/04 05:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This is my first time to do the entire project myself so your comments are appreciated. I have purchased 4 syringes 2 brazillian and 2 Z strain. I plan to start this as of tuesday. I am wondering how to monitor my humidity level after I set up the casing using an UltraSonic humidifier. And do you think i should use that pump humidifier and then that filter that you mentioned or what? I just dropped 35 bucks on that and would like to get some use out of it without jepordizing my growth. And if i should imediatly invest in co2. If there are any tips or tricks regauding the spawning step let me know asap.
Thanks
Peace for Now
-Tricks of The Trade-

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3200742 - 09/30/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No need to invest in CO2, Not necessary at all. That pump may just workout beautiful in combination with your ultrasonic as a way to introduce fresh air into the fruiting chamber. Great choice on the syringes BTW. Your ultrasonic will need to be on a timer for sure, if running your filtered (Tropic Air) 90026 24/7 which is great BTW you'll want to have that ultrasonic going at regular intervals. GL

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3200753 - 09/30/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:

I used a filter like that for years...

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Re. Humidification Technique [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3200783 - 09/30/04 06:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

After dunking the cakes i was planning on mixing a 50/50 perlite and vermiculite. And making two layers of medium in sterile aluminium turkey trays with a layer of casing in between them. I plan to using two cakes per tray and incorporate these units in to a self system enclosed in plastic. Light by clear string christimas lights. Should 1cc of spore solution be adequate. and where should i expect to see flaws? And what do you think about turning the cakes in to casings.
Thanks,

East Coast Kid
-Tricks of the Trade-

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3200836 - 09/30/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

It's been around for some time now. Using the film container was my idea as far as I've ever seen but not the polyfil inline filter itself that was thought up bye a very ingenious fellow! :wink:

Lord Of The Idiots!
Trusted Cultivator
    #3200945 - 09/30/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

i wasn't talking about you, P#1 :tongue:

--------------------

Quote:

ROTHBURY

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Re. Humidification Technique [Re: hyphae]
    #3200977 - 09/30/04 07:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Z's are better then Brazils :smile: Brazils are cool too though. You shouldve only got 1 syringe per strain though and done liquid cultures. Could have gotten 2 more strains.

For filtering a friend of mine who uses a PMP threw it in a (semi) small (semi deep) rubber maid and filled with polyfil (funder, around and on top) of the filter. He leaves the lid off and in his closet. Not only makes it quieter but when the pump pulls in air it has to pull it through lots of polyfil. Your idea uses less polyfil and less space though :smile:

For an ultrasonic control I got a couple timers from home depot for mine. 2 for 8 bucks and work in 30 minute intervals. I set mine for 30 min on, 30 min off all day.

Like said no co2, you spend time pumping in fresh air to get rid of co2, mushies put that out themselves.

Just so you know what your in for with the strains :smile:

Z:

Sorry not many pics of them, my camera wasnt working for the time I had Z's really going, bout time for more soon though.

Brazils are heavy in my chambers now though so lots of pics of them:

Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Re. Humidification Technique [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3201049 - 09/30/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Impressive.
Thanks for the help.
I'll do my best.
Peace for now
East Coast Kid
-Tricks of the Trade-
P.S. You got any more pictures of those two strains? I'd be interested to see some more.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3201170 - 09/30/04 08:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Not to many. My camera is fritzy..they all look pretty similar. Dont have more of Z's like I said when they were one of the heavy strains (strains have been being rotated) my camera didn't work. The rest of the Brazils casings look similar and so some I took pics of some I didnt..mostly didnt (I just get a wide overview of strains and pics cause you never know when they come in handy but I dont have time to take pics of all of them.

I'll tell you though..Z's get big after the first flush..late flushes (around 4-7) few shrooms come in but they are very big) at least in my case using rye. Brazils stay fairly small, average is more the correct term I guess but very thin as opposed to thicker like the Z's. Brazils are very pretty though, very straight and white and just proper looking shrooms. Brazils also have a larger number of aborts and in later flushes don't produce as well. I need to experiment more with the Z's but so far the Z's also produced slightly more per flush and overall. Z's I also enjoyed the trip of more, felt stronger. I've done both a number of times too just to make sure they arent flukes. Brazils are more in control type thing. Z's are laughy and visual which I like. Oh and colonization times were pretty close..both are VERY fast colonizers but brazil was slightly faster. Brazils also pinned a few days sooner.

If you want I can scrounge up a few more brazil pics if you want but the shrooms don't look so different

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation