Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Police drug kit goes missing
    #3137922 - 09/15/04 07:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

http://vancouver.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=bc_vic_drugs20040914

Police drug kit goes missing
WebPosted Sep 14 2004 03:46 PM PDT

VANCOUVER - Victoria police have announced that one of their drug demonstration kits, containing 20 different types of illegal drugs, went missing four months ago.

Insp. Grant Smith says the kit contained samples of various drugs ? including heroin, crack cocaine, ecstasy and magic mushrooms.

It was one of two kits used by police for school anti-drug demonstrations, but Smith can't say where it was used last.

"It was an honour system," he says. "So as far as the paperwork [goes], there wasn't any of assigning out the kit and bringing it back."

The drugs are stored in a locked filing cabinet at the police station, but Smith still believes no police personnel were involved in the disappearance.

"I'm hoping it's just been misplaced, or some member has not returned it," he says.

Despite his optimism, Smith says police detectives have now been assigned to investigate.

Last year, Victoria police revamped their system for controlling inventory after 20 police handguns went missing

"I wouldn't want to equate this situation with the missing handgun investigation," says Smith. "This is a completely different program."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: motaman]
    #3138129 - 09/15/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I thought the drugs were supposed to be fake?

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #3138496 - 09/15/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

that's hillarious, they used real drugs.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3138523 - 09/15/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's probably too late now but perhaps they should have been piss tested. :grin:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3150504 - 09/17/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I remeber when the pigs brought a (fake) sample kit to our high school, it was so funny. They had canned mushrooms in a vile labled "shrooms", floating in water. The "marijuana" was can catnip. and there "sample joint" was a big pregnate bitch. He brought out a four hosed bong and said "here is a FAMILY bong, for DRUGS!!!!" We were high at the time so it was so funny. But he kept throwing a tennis ball at the students to catch, I was so scared he would throw it at me.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3154152 - 09/19/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this reminds me of that scenario in Fear and Loathing where the Doctor steals the drug kit at the Narc convention
:lol:
i would be having fun if i had a kit with twenty different types of drugs

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #3199403 - 09/30/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i remember in kindergarten a cop brought one in and i was always wondering if it was real. All i remember was that after that cop showed the kit to us, i accused my dad of having a vile of drugs when it was really justa a sample bottle of cologne! shows what the cops can do to corrupt childrens minds!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: muse_sick]
    #3199790 - 09/30/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

> this reminds me of that scenario in Fear and Loathing where the Doctor steals the drug kit at the Narc convention

Did we read the same book? There was a drug convention, and a large 'drug kit', but the two were completely unrelated. The drug kit was put together by Duke and Dr. Gonzo before leaving for the race... they talk about how hard it was to find cocaine on short notice, having ether that they would eventually get into, etc... all of this happens well before the convention.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: Seuss]
    #3200137 - 09/30/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm.. I always thought that they stole the kit from the convention. I only saw the movie thought, never read the book.

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: eris]
    #3202887 - 10/01/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i heard the book is better, I've also only seen the movie, though....

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: Hans_Moleman]
    #3203502 - 10/01/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The book is always better than the movie.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3207409 - 10/02/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, the drug kit was definately theirs. They took it to the drug convention with them, though. Maybe thats where the confusion arises.

And yes, go read the book. Theres alot of interesting things in the book that didnt make it into the movie.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5248788 - 01/31/06 09:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
The book is always better than the movie.

yes, yes it is

--------------------
:orly:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5251078 - 02/01/06 01:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Of course the kit was theres... ever read (see?) the intro? "We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of run, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls."

I doubt many police drug example bags have 500 hits of acid and a pint of raw ether. hehe. In my younger days, I admit to having daydreamed about putting that bag together. But some of it is a bit dated and obscure... the ether, the nitrate, and the laughers and screamers take a bit of imagination. Ah, plus I can't afford five sheets of acid. :smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: Police drug kit goes missing [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5251231 - 02/01/06 02:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

In the movie they have the kit of their own which is from the very beginning, and they definately also steal a kit of samples from the convention. It may just be a visual gag, I'm not sure if they even say anything about it. So both were right.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom