Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Fresh and Dry Mushrooms Taste
    #3199297 - 09/30/04 11:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could describe the taste of fresh or dried psilocybe mushrooms. Im going to be trying some for the first time soon and for some reason I would just prefer to eat them fresh or dried whole. From what I've read I gather that they dont taste very good at all, I will have on hand some orange juice just incase I hate the taste, but I just wanted to know if theres any real way to describe it or compare it.

Thanks,

Arbalest

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Fresh and Dry Mushrooms Taste [Re: arbalest]
    #3199349 - 09/30/04 11:33 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

They don't taste that bad either. Don't pay attention to what some people say about the taste. It's not like eating a strawberry, but then it's like eating cactus or morning glory seeds either.

Dried they are like chewing on an eraser with taste similar to very stale chips. Fresh, they is a bit more sweet/bitter taste.

I like the taste, but I think I'm in the minority. But people who make big deal of the taste seem to REALLY hate the taste. It's something you can eat without having to worry about gag reflex too much. It's something I can sit down and eat while having a conversation. If you ever tried cactus or morning glory seeds, you'd know the smell will make you want to puke. It's not like that at all.

But if you are REALLY worried, I know a friend who always grinds them up and puts them in gelcaps. Might want to try that.

Anyways, Happy Trippin'

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3201658 - 09/30/04 10:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Don't worry about fresh, taste like regular mushrooms for the most part if they aren't beat up too bad

Dry, I really hate the texture the most, for me its not too hard to ignore the taste. The smell sickens me. I would put them in some sort of small sandwich just to make it easier if you are worried.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Fresh and Dry Mushrooms Taste [Re: holio1]
    #3201697 - 09/30/04 11:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, texture and crunchiness sucks. for wet ones, they're great if they're not too wet or water logged. The ones I ate always had fully opened caps though, might be easier to down some more closed ones. (less sporey too!) the consistancy of the stems was a little annoying fresh.

Morning glory seeds weren't too bad. I've had ground up ones, which gets annoying, and perhaps now I would hate it because I have the bad association. (like anything that makes you puke). I've also chewed some, the taste wasn't as bad as the feeling in my stomach.

Poppy tea was a bit harder for me. Starts out easy but your mouth just starts to say nooooo. I put too much lemon in mine. Honey works better.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#3202491 - 10/01/04 02:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

in my opinion, the dry ones taste worse than fresh ones. i don't really like chewing on the texture of fresh ones either. it's real easy to cover up the taste or texture though.

one of my favorites is some fresh ones and some orange juice blended all together in the blender.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

#3202935 - 10/01/04 05:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The dry ones need some kind of treatment (making tea or something) the fresh ones taste pretty good... a very earthy mushroom taste i spose... although if they're not THAT fresh they can be quite bitter. I made my first cup of shroom tea last night and it tasted lovely, like a weak mushroom soup. i was really shocked cos it looked horrible (blueish brown).

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
    #3211463 - 10/03/04 11:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The first time I ate them I thought damn not good but I can eat them easily, Secind trip: goddamn I need some orange juice to get these bastards down. Third trip: Gagging.

About the only way I can get them down now is gelcaps, I think it's more mental than anything though.

--------------------
Now go Home.

InvisibleApril
the tiniestspark

Loc: Maryland
    #3213731 - 10/04/04 02:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Fresh mushrooms make me gag so much. I can barely eat them. Dried mushes don't have as much taste. I'd recommend dried.

--------------------

OfflineShroomAcolyte
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3213878 - 10/04/04 03:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've never tried them fresh, so I can't comment on that.

Dried, the first time I ate them, I just ate them. The taste or texture didn't really bother me. The 2nd time I ate them, they were a little gross, so I drank some pepsi with them. It got worse with every trip. Now I really can't stand the taste or smell of them, so I make tea or dip them in melted chocolate. Both methods work great, and if you make sure you're keeping the temperatures low enough, the full experience will still be there.

Anonymous

#3214179 - 10/04/04 04:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

theyre fine dried, i have no problem with em.. they kinda get gross tho when u try to swallow and whatnot so i suggest a drink (i like oj) to wash it down. either way tho, dont be a pussy and just do it, it takes 2 seconds and it doesnt matter, youll be tripping in 30 minutes anyways.. good luck, have fun, eat the shit

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
    #3214739 - 10/04/04 06:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you have something to drink that will cover the taste real well, like orange juice of course... take kinda small bites and just chew real good trying to taste them as little as possible then wash them down with some drink... this is what i do, just a small bite, over and over again till the pile is gone... i will try blending them in orange juice and seeing how it goes down next time...

Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

#3221761 - 10/06/04 08:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i am so surprised at the amount of people saying that dried one's taste nicer than fresh. the only time i had dried shrooms the only reaosn i didnt puke was because i was already tripping on some freshies from earlier

--------------------

OfflineArdA
Stranger

#3221819 - 10/06/04 09:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

well,i think the real question is you like normal shrooms or not? i can eat 'em easily, dried or fresh, no matters..

Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida USA
    #3221962 - 10/06/04 11:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I really hate the taste of them dried or fresh!
What I like to do with them is dry them, then put them in the coffee  grinder and make a powder of them, then just simply put the dosage(3.5g's)into a glass of some kind of tasty drink, like coolaid or juice, and chug it down quick on an empty stomach!
  Will hit you in like 10 or 15 minutes full effect at once! The buzz doesn't last quite as long, but it sure hits ya hard and quick!
Besides, when the buzz wears off, ya just grind and repeat as needed!
Because after all, ya should have plenty on hand very quickly if ya listen and learn from the experienced folks around the shroomery! :smile: :cool: :rasta:

--------------------
The author of this lies more than the government and you should not believe anything he writes!

Edited by nu2mycology (10/06/04 11:20 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience