Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
be careful with contams!
    #3198830 - 09/30/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i wanted to post about this subject a while back, but ended up forgetting. anyway...

a few monthes back i got out some jars out which had contams breeding in them for monthes that i just didn't want to fuck with. one day, i decide to clean out the jars, and i do so outside with the hose and my fingers. after that i went inside and didn't wash my hands very well (or at all, possibly) and snacked on some food. the next day my throat felt kind of sore like i was getting sick, and it got a little more sore and i was coughing up some nasty loogies for about a week and a half. not much more than a sore throat, but it could've been worse.  :shocked:

learn from my dumbass and be careful not to risk possibly ingesting contamination... although, i'm sure no one here is as fucking retarded as i was that day...

i know this could've gone in the contam forum, but i figured it would get more exposure here.

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: be careful with contams! [Re: wds]
    #3198838 - 09/30/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

did it taste like chicken?

Fingerlickin good!

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: be careful with contams! [Re: Leukoism]
    #3198965 - 09/30/04 04:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

we should treat contams like they are the most dengerous viruses! dont understimate their ability to damage humans

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: be careful with contams! [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3200380 - 09/30/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Breathing them in I feel also made me sick after leaving jars to sit (like you didnt feel like dealing with the nasty stuff) untill a bunch built up for a few weeks then I cleaned them all with no paint mask...sick (sore throat mainly, coughy for parts and achey and dizzy feeling alot) for about a week after that. I thought my recent upgrade in humidity was fucking with me but after more thought I counted this to be the culprit. PC your jars first before opening them or squirt in some bleach with a syringe at least. And try and wear paint masks too if you've got alot especially.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: be careful with contams! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3200506 - 09/30/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Must always kill before disposing of.No telling what you are sending down the drain( however you get rid of it).I have seen some neat stuff growing in my jars. Always treat contam's with respect and were a mask.Just be safe.

Peace

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinemushroomman23
Re: be careful with contams! [Re: wds]
    #3200530 - 09/30/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

maby this will save someone from death. if i have a contaminated jar or agar dish what i do is i get a plastic bag and put it in my trash can then i get a large bowl and fill it with 10%bleach water i take my holms hepa and set it right above the level of the trash can then
i dump the jars or petre dishes in the trash can when i am doing this
the jars are held well inside the trash can i allmost forgot jars should pc befor you try to toss them agar dishes can just be dumped after i dump my agar dishes i put them in the bleach bowl. the reason jars should be pc befor tossing is they can breed large populations of
contamins were as a petri dish has a small area were growth can happen. never ever let a contaminated jar sit for months wds u got lucky i all ways wash my hands when im done.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: be careful with contams! [Re: mushroomman23]
    #3200800 - 09/30/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

kramer takes contaminated jars strait to the clandestine dumpster :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures