Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshallow
Why do mushrooms suck so much or.....
    #3198180 - 09/29/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

...why does psilocybin such so much compared to LSD. Honestly, Im not trying to troll (Im not looking for strong emotinal reactions, just experienced experience) but why do I not like psilocybin when compared to LSD. People tought P as comparative to LSD but its really not. Theres a reason LSD made a 30 year run with the Dead and not P because its just not as goos as LSD. Please if you agree with me let me know Im not crazy and tell me you much much prefer LSD as compared to Psilocybin.

EDIT: corrected spelling in title for the secong time, damn beer.

Edited by shallow (09/29/04 11:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: shallow]
    #3198193 - 09/29/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Im personally moving away from LSD to Mushies.

Free and fun to grow too. :smile:

Offlineshallow
Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: JaRRn]
    #3198199 - 09/29/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

But, do you find them to be as good as LSD? Honestly

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3198230 - 09/29/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

personally, i like LSD way way way more than shrooms

but i really think its a matter of opinion, of what you are looking for in a trip, and of personal neurochemistry. There are plenty of people who have gotten way more out of their shroom trips than their acid trips. Have you ever eaten more than 5 grams? Its very .....interesting....

LSD made a 30 year run with the Dead, but shrooms have made the hundreds-of-years run with humans.

And where the hell is LSD now? shrooms are still around a lot but cid is hard as hell to find these days and when its around its quality is often not what it should be

Personally i agree with you, i think LSD is much better (for me at least). But really I think it differs from person to person. Psychedelics are very personal experiences.

That being said, i would take acid over mushrooms any fucking day of the week

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3198242 - 09/29/04 11:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It depends what I want from them.

I liked acid because it was more 'blissfull' I suppose you could say. It was like a thousand rays of sunshine jammed inside of me :smile:. The visuals were more lifelike, and real. I could look away and look back and see something in the same crazy way.

Mushrooms I've felt better for exploring my mind. The levels of emotion I've acqured on a mushroom trip were intense compared to my acid trip.

Acid seems to be more euphoric, more full of energy. While a mushroom trip is just a straight drop, and you hope you end up rightside up. Overall I'd say I prefer mushrooms. But, I've only been able to get a hold of acid once. And I'm sure there are a number of reasons that LSD was famous for those tours. And I'm sure there were tons of shrooms on them too. (for instance price, length of trip, how easy it is to conceal tens of thousands of doses as opposed to shrooms, how often you can use it, etc.)

edit:
Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
LSD made a 30 year run with the Dead, but shrooms have made the hundreds-of-years run with humans.

a very awesome point.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

#3198283 - 09/29/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shallow said:
But, do you find them to be as good as LSD? Honestly

I do, I love acid dont get me wrong.  Thing I love about mushies is the earthly feeling, shorter trip & no come down.  The LSD I score is always fucking powerful and you hurt for 1 or 2 days afterwards. I usually take half a paper hit. You can also just keep munching mushies down when ya drinking.  Last weekend we had a bowl of freshies sitting on the table we just ate like potato chips on a plate. We did ingest 2.5g's dry first thou. 

:megaman:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3198295 - 09/29/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

JaRRn, do you have to make me so friggin jealous with EVERY post of yours? :smile:

Take advantage of what you have while you do.

Offlineshallow
Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3198303 - 09/29/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Actually Psilocybin has made tens of thousands of years runs with man, but IMO that was before man had a choice. Now LSD is here, Its not here in force in America because another man is dictating what you can and cant put into your body which I find personally disgusting. I wish I had the power to deny all those pricks in Washington the right to burbon.

EDIT: and there were tons of shrooms on tour mostly when the LSD was scarce. I took them then and still didnt like them as much as LSD. I guess its personal choice. To each his own :shrug:

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3198304 - 09/29/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

LoL sorry Bro.

:beer:

:megaman:

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3198692 - 09/30/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with you guys. They are like alcohol. Sometimes you feel like some mixed drinks, sometimes you feel like beer, sometime you just don't want any. And personally, I like acid a lot better. I love frying and being in long lines, any lines that wrap around. It gives me that feeling of being stuck in a loop. But you better believe I'm a LOT more careful about dosing acid than shrooms. Shrooms, I can just break them out and eat them on impulse. Acid, I really have to prepare the whole night and the next day.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Why do mushrooms suck so much or..... [Re: shallow]
    #3198700 - 09/30/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Can't knock LSD but I couldn't say it was "better" than mushrooms. Just different. Personally I prefer psilocybin.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3198717 - 09/30/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

shallow: you don't explain why you find lsd so much better, only that shrooms suck compared to lsd.

I still have to experiance a good lsd trip, only tripped on it once and it was pretty weak unfortunately.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3198772 - 09/30/04 01:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i think the only thing comparable about LSD and shrooms is the word 'hallucinogen'. they are so different..

but saying they SUCK compared to shrooms is also pretty dumb. they both offer something unique.

'not as good as lsd'
you yourself say LSD is not comparable to shrooms, so why say one is better than the other?

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: felix]
    #3198825 - 09/30/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think the better choice of words would be "why I like LSD better than shrooms." I like both, so suck really doesn't fit either.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: Sam1912]
    #3198969 - 09/30/04 04:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i have tripped on LSD thousands times because there is plenty of it here in my country all the time.
I have also tripped on mushrooms hundrends times for a few years.

I prefer mushrooms, even though i believe that LSD is respectfull.

You can tell us your opinion that u prefer LSD but if you say that "mushrooms suck" then maybe you haven't tripped really good on shrooms! or maybe you afraid the reality they show to you..

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3199056 - 09/30/04 06:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You can tell us your opinion that u prefer LSD but if you say that "mushrooms suck" then maybe you haven't tripped really good on shrooms! or maybe you afraid the reality they show to you..

that's what I thought too

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Why do mushrooms such so much or..... [Re: stefan]
    #3199074 - 09/30/04 06:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting thing Albert Hoffman once told Terence Mckenna when Mckenna asked him which he preferred LSD or mushrooms. Hoffman said he preferred LSD because it was less "animate". Mckenna said "You mean there's a presence in the mushroom trying to communicate with you that isn't there with LSD?" and Hoffman said "Yes, and I find it unsettling".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3199173 - 09/30/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Personally, I would take uncle cid over shrooms any fuckin day as well.

This might be because I've had a lot more experience with LSD, but whoever said that LSD is less emotional and more energetic than mushrooms needs slapped. :lol:

I've had some pretty deep mind fucks from LSD, way past the point of knowing who I am, where I am, or what the hell is going on.  You know that point of breaking that you just begin crying for no reason on hallucinogens?  Yea well that was the stage.  LSD rapidly rips me through emotions.  I could be hysterically laughing one minute rolling on the ground, and then the next I am crying my eyes out, or running scared through the woods...  Not saying I haven't been pretty messed up on mushrooms, but I'm just saying that LSD is equally, if not more powerful than mushrooms.

The highest dose of LSD I've done was 400 ug, according to the guy I always get my cid from they were 50 ug hits (blotter) and I took 8 at once and let them soak under my tongue for 20 minutes and chewed them up.  I was completely blown away that night.

But yes, I am an avid cid user and it makes me sad knowing that it's getting increasingly difficult to find.  If I try for a whole weekend I can usually score a 10 strip or something, but I don't like to look for my drugs, it makes me feel like an addict.  I only take what comes my way, which is usually quite a bit :smile:

Bottom line: Mushrooms are second to LSD in my opinion.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3199251 - 09/30/04 08:35 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I have a different point of view that was again confirmed to me last night when I tripped on shroomz....  It is a bitter sweet heaven and hell for me....  When I first start to trip, the mind expanding part is Heaven....  The hell part is that Shroomz must act as an inflamatory, and it kills my back something fierce about 1/2 way thru my trips and lasts for a couple of days....  I have a degenerated disk in my low back that has herniated twice now....  Knowing this, I timed it with a scheduled cortizone shot that I am getting later this afternoon....  (Time is moving very slow....)  :frown:

I don't have access to LSD, but when I did it once a year ago, I don't remember the back pain in the wonderful experience I had....  I guess this is why I am here on this type of website, in search of and learning about different mind expanding substances....  Then again brings to the forfront, access....  Thus frustration....  GGggrrrrr.... 

To answer your question, if you don't like it, don't do it....  That is the beauty of free will....! 

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Why do mushrooms suck so much or..... [Re: Silven]
    #3199256 - 09/30/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've chewed on 1/3 sheet before... Total mind(at least the concious mind) and body separation. All I remember for first, gee, about 7 hours, is being inside the cartoon world, but very real cartoon world. I was in a memory loop, too. But there were plenty of pictures to prove I was being a total nutcase moving around and doing crazy things.

That was somewhat humbling experience, because the thought of leaving my body to that whatever was controlling it(it sure wasn't my conciousness) was scary. Not to mention what secrets I might tell people.

It's a trip I would like to have again, but am too afraid to go to. 10 hit trips are pretty cool though... almost losing it is okay. It's been really hard to get to that point with any other drug except maybe DXM. But memory is WAY TOO FUZZY, and hard to remember the DXM trip.

If anyone else has 1mg+(at least 15 good or 20 regular hits) experiences, I'd like to hear the comparison to really heavy mushroom trip. I haven't been able to go anywhere near heavy acid trips with shroomies. I used to trip a lot on 6-10 hits of acid, and they seem to be a lot more self/religion revealing than shrooms. I ate about a half a cup of ground shrooms before and it was... very insightful, but it gave me a feeling that I was in control after sometime. I had the power to change how I felt and how the trip was going to be... kind of opposite of what LSD does for me at high dose. Still, love shroomies, love LSD!

Sam

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract