Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Is Bush delusional?
    #3198115 - 09/30/04 01:04 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

To call a National Intelligence Estimate a guess, I know he retracted his "guess" statment, but damn man, come the fuck on....

Link

Bush clarifies remarks on number of terrorists, intelligence estimates

WASHINGTON (AP) - President George W. Bush suggested Thursday that he wanted to clarify two things he had said recently - that just a "handful" of terrorists were at work in Iraq and that a bleak intelligence assessment of Iraq's future involved "guessing" by U.S. intelligence officials.

"I used an unfortunate word, 'guess.' I should have used 'estimate,' " he told reporters during a Rose Garden news conference with interim Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi. At issue is a National Intelligence Estimate of Iraq's future that spoke of possibilities ranging from tenuous stability to civil war.

Asked about the report earlier in the week in New York, Bush had said, "They were just guessing as to what the conditions might be like."

On Thursday, asked about it again, Bush said, "This is a report that talks about possibilities about what can happen in Iraq, not probabilities.

"And this report was written in July. And now we are here in September. And, as I said, 'estimate' would have been a better word," Bush said.

He was also asked at the news conference about comments on Wednesday on the campaign trail in Pennsylvania in which he used the word "handful" to characterize terrorists and militants in Iraq who are attacking coalition forces and Iraqis.

John Kerry, Bush's democratic rival, seized on Bush's remarks, saying Bush had "blundered again, saying there are only a handful of terrorists in Iraq."

"I think he's living in a make-believe world," Kerry said Wednesday.

In his Pennsylvania remarks, Bush said: "It's hard to help a country go from tyranny to elections to peace when there are a handful of people who are willing to kill in order to stop the process. And that's what you're seeing on the TV screens. You know, these people cannot beat us militarily."

On Thursday in the Rose Garden, Bush said he had been primarily referring to "the people that are affecting the nightly news" with beheadings, bombings and other acts of violence. "My point is that a few people, relative to the whole, are trying to stop the march of freedom," Bush said.

"Look, I'm fully aware we're fighting former Baathists and Zarqawi network people. But by far the vast majority of people, among 25 million people, want to live in freedom," Bush said.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Is Bush delusional? [Re: Skikid16]
    #3198122 - 09/30/04 01:06 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
Is Bush delusional?

Not as delusional as people who believe he is a good president.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3198645 - 09/30/04 03:06 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"unfortunate word" ?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: Is Bush delusional? [Re: retread]
    #3198724 - 09/30/04 03:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah.....

Unfortunate

WTF?

Its like he sees what intel he wants to see, and disregards the intel that he doesn't want to as "guesses"

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3198752 - 09/30/04 03:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well compared to some who still believe Al Gore won the election, the Afghan and Iraq wars were over oil, and Bush invaded knowing no WMDs would be found, I'm not too worried about him. A fair share of those beliefs seem to be held by Mr. Kerry.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Is Bush delusional? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3198759 - 09/30/04 03:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Well compared to some who still believe Al Gore won the election, the Afghan and Iraq wars were over oil, and Bush invaded knowing no WMDs would be found, I'm not too worried about him. A fair share of those beliefs seem to be held by Mr. Kerry.

i hold all those beliefs...probably because im not a sean hannity, rush limbaugh clone  :shocked: :smirk: :thumbup:

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3199193 - 09/30/04 10:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't worry you that he cherrypicks the intelligence offered to him, so that it fits his agenda? 

ITS CALLED REALITY, and Bush doesn't want to FACE it, if it doesn't follow along his rose-colored plan..... remember: WMDs, flower tossing Iraqis, THE LATEST NIE

This doesn't alarm you?  :eek:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3199287 - 09/30/04 10:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the Afghan and Iraq wars were over oil

Do you really believe the US would have gone to all this trouble if Afghansitan wasnt an important route for moving oil and Iraq wasnt stacked full of the stuff? You are a brain washers dream.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3199934 - 09/30/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

WHAT THE FUCK, how are more people not up in arms about this?

Does no one care if our President brushes intelligence aside, so long as it doesn't go along with his vision?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3200646 - 09/30/04 06:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That's all he's ever done - what's new?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion