Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineharrybosetti
LoopTroop=)
Male
Loc: Canada
First Timer
    #3197571 - 09/29/04 11:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, I tried to do a search but it seemed to not work =( So I decided to ask you guys. Basically, I am going to try mushrooms this weekend, I have alot of questions just as a forewarning.
Just as a bit of background info, I'm 5'4, 105 pounds (Im small, I know), the friend who is also doing it is 6'1, 160 pounds.

1. Which type of mushroom should I take for my first time (muscaria etc...) How much should I take so that I dont go way out, but I still get a bit of a trip (2nd level or maybe 3rd). How about for the friend?

2. Should I have a trip sitter?

3. from what I've read I understand that being in a good, positive setting will promote a good trip, what should I do to prepare so that I dont have a bad trip?

4. Lastly, in what way should I ingest the musrooms?

Thank you in advance for the information, I apologize for not searching, my comp just wouldn't seem to accept it (I think it's the SP2 for win xp)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: First Timer [Re: harrybosetti]
    #3197649 - 09/29/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd imagine your choice of which mushrooms to take would be pretty limited?

I'd say you and your friend take an eighth (3.5 grams) each of any Cubensis strain. Ingest them any way you want, I'd suggest just eating them on an empty stomach.

I don't think a trip sitter would be really important. If things are starting to not be so good, put on some really upbeat music.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3198093 - 09/30/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say less than an eighth if you don't want to go way out there. 2-3 grams should do you fine. Given that you're 105 pounds, maybe half an eighth, a lil more for him. Stick with cubensis.

if you're taking a fairly low dose like I suggested, a trip setter might not be needed if the setting is proper. Be somewhere comfortable for that purpose, and so that a good trip will be promoted, like you wanted. Perhaps someone in nature that you can be alone. NOT in public, not around a ton of friends, certainly not at a party or anything. (I didn't think you wanted to, just warning)

Keep your mind set for the best, but know how to handle the worst. You two should be there for eachother if things go bad. It might cause the second person's trip to go downhill. But theres really nothing worse than having a terrifying experience and thinking your friend doesn't give a shit enough to help you. If you do have a bad trip, hold in there. You might realize later that you learned something valuable. 'Bad trips' can be scary and exhausting, but perhaps its really more of an eye opener you weren't prepared for than a bad trip many times.

Try tasting the shrooms. If you can handle it, just eat them. If not, put them in some food that will disguise the taste. If you can't stand the texture, coffee grind it. Put it in a drink and down it, or best yet capsule it and take those.

Have a great time.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3198526 - 09/30/04 02:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You will have a blast man, this is the perfect time of year to be out in nature. I would start out indoors until you get a feel for what tripping will make your body feel like..Put on some good music, nothing dark or heavy, take the mushrooms in whatever way you want to, smoke a bowl, and lay back and relax. Maybe have something funny on the t.v. that you and your friend can laugh at. The more lighthearted the setting, the better your trip will be. If you think you can handle it, definitely spend time outside. Every time I've started to have an uncomfortable trip, just getting up and walking around outside has solved everything. The world is beautiful beyond description when you are tripping. There's so much to look at, it will take your mind off of anything bad. Listen to what the others have said for your dosage..I personally wouldn't take more than 2 grams my first time, and you are a little lighter, so 2g should work just fine. Don't worry about a bad trip, most of those actually happen to more experienced trippers. I didn't have one until I shroomed over a dozen times. And even "bad" trips arne't really bad. It is over within an hour or two and you usually learn some pretty amazing things about yourself. No worries man...Being outdoors, having good music, being with a trusted friend, and having some fun activities planned are all good ideas (i.e. drawing, coloring, tree climbing, or anything to take advantage of the creativeness) Just be open to whatever you feel and embrace every moment. Peace bro!

Offlineharrybosetti
LoopTroop=)
Male
Loc: Canada
    #3199194 - 09/30/04 10:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, thanks again for the information, I feel alot more confident now =P

If anyone else has anything to add, please do!

Edited by harrybosetti (09/30/04 10:08 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience