Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
al Reuters up to its old tricks
    #3197332 - 09/29/04 10:01 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Reuters omitted some important information from its report on an Israeli missile strike on Gaza. Here is the entire Reuters report http://olympics.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=6330743 :

Quote:

GAZA (Reuters) - An Israeli helicopter fired a missile into a Palestinian refugee camp in Gaza early on Saturday, killing an elderly civilian man and wounding at least three people, witnesses and medics said.

They said the missile crashed near a mosque in Khan Younis camp and that Israeli armored forces were gathering on the edge of the large urban camp, a Palestinian militant stronghold, in the southern Gaza Strip.

Khan Younis's hospital director told Reuters that a man of about 60 was killed by the missile and and three people he said were also civilians were wounded by flying shrapnel.

An Israeli army spokesman said the report was being checked and had no further information for the moment.

The reported air strike followed a mortar attack by Palestinian militants on the nearby Jewish settlement of Neve Dekalim Friday that killed a 24-year-old woman.

The Islamist militant group Hamas said it had targeted Neve Dekalim, a day after three Palestinian gunmen killed three soldiers on the fringes of another settlement to the south.

Straightforward reporting, right? The evil Jooooooos offed some civilians for no apparent reason. Sigh. Happens all the time, old chap. Sad, really, but what can one do?

Well, for starters, one might tell the entire story. Even the BBC report http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3688656.stm , filed at the same time as the Reuters report, got this much right:

Quote:

The Israeli army said its strike targeted Palestinian militants ... The Israeli army said it had targeted a group of militants preparing to fire a rocket into the Jewish settlement.

Ha'aretz http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/481479.html had this to say :

Quote:

The Israel Defense Forces said the air strike was aimed at four men about to launch a rocket or rocket-propelled grenade into a Jewish settlement, and that at least two of those involved in the launch were hit.

pinky

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
Re: al Reuters up to its old tricks [Re: Phred]
    #3197395 - 09/29/04 10:17 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

It's the anti-semitic liberal media up to it's shenanigans again.

The question is, why does the liberal pigs hate the peace loving jews so much?

In essence, why do they hate America?

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3197416 - 09/29/04 10:23 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

The arabs and the jews are both bad. Its a constant attack and retaliation. The jews and arabs will have to decide whether they want peace or not. Violence will only multiply more violence.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3197500 - 09/29/04 10:45 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

..... Reuters:::::

The Israeli army said it had intercepted a group of militants preparing to fire a rocket into the adjacent settlement of Neve Dekalim, where a mortar bomb launched from the same spot on the camp's edge killed the woman settler.

"We identified the terrorist cell from the air and fired at it, scoring a hit on at least two men, although we know there were at least four of them," the spokesman said.

http://olympics.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=6331497&pageNumber=0

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: al Reuters up to its old tricks [Re: Gijith]
    #3197666 - 09/29/04 11:25 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

note the storyIDs on those two links.

your's comes later than pinky's.

developing news or liberal conspiracy?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: al Reuters up to its old tricks [Re: afoaf]
    #3197684 - 09/29/04 11:30 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I'd just assume it takes longer for the Reuters reporter to make her Isreali Defence source cum.
:blowjob:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: al Reuters up to its old tricks [Re: Gijith]
    #3199576 - 09/30/04 12:53 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

:smirk:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion