Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefft2
journeyman

Bush is History's Top Terrorist
    #3195252 - 09/29/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Bush is History's Top Terrorist
by Harvey Wasserman
Link to Article
As the fourth global-warmed hurricane in two months rips through Florida, we are reminded that George W. Bush is history's top terrorist.

We know, of course, that Bush has slaughtered thousands of Iraqis, imprisoned hundreds without trial or charges, and presided over the torture and sexual abuse of many of them. He is the world's leading recruiter for hate-America terrorists the world over.

Bush's preemptive militarism has paved the way for countless crusades for oil and fundamentalism in the decades to come. He overthrew the elected government of Haiti, resulting in hundreds of deaths. He tried to do the same in Venezuela. Other target nations are sure to follow.

Bush is also determined to turn AIDS into a profit center for the drug companies that help fund him. His attacks on sex education, birth control and reproductive choice will kill girls and women for the decades to come, especially if he re-criminalizes abortion in a second term.

As Texas's Governor Bush executed a record 150-plus people. He publically mocked at least one, Karla Faye Tucker, who had asked him to spare her. His escalated war on drugs has helped stuff 2.2 million Americans into the largest gulag in world history. Many suffer regular physical and sexual abuse. Many are also conveniently deprived of their right to vote.

Bush's catastrophic "No Child Left Behind" program is decimating America's once-proud educational system, vastly escalating illiteracy and ignorance. He is barring thousands of students who have traditionally come here from overseas. Their disappearance will further cripple American education, as well as America's historic role in spreading democratic values to young people around the world.

Bush has also decimated the Bill of Rights and basic freedoms embodied in the US Constitution, paving the way for a potential dictatorship should he get a second term.

In short, he has done to America things no foreign terrorist could ever imagine.

But it all pales before Bush's all-out attack on the natural environment, which will ultimately kill hundreds of millions of people.

Bush's eco-terror crusade has two primary roots: corporate greed and fundamental religious extremism.

On the corporate side, Bush's entire environmental policy can be summarized in a simple sentence: Any polluter favored by the Bush regime can pillage and destroy any sector of the American ecology, regardless of the consequences, with full official sanction, including huge taxpayer handouts.

Bush's signature flip flop has been on global warming. The scientific and insurance community is now virtually unanimous that rising carbon dioxide levels are wrecking utter havoc with global weather patterns, including this latest parade of Caribbean hurricanes. The only dissenters are oil company flacks, flat earth think tanks and fundamentalist fanatics.

Bush promised in 2000 that if elected he would endorse the Kyoto Accords to cut CO2 emissions. But then he joined Joseph Stalin in demanding that science fit his bizarre ideology. At the behest of his petro-backers, including Dick Cheney's Halliburton, Bush has scorned a global consensus that includes his primary ally in Iraq, British Prime Minister Tony Blair. Two of the world's biggest insurance companies, Swiss Re: and Munich Re:, have issued strong warnings about the skyrocketing costs of climate catastrophes. Even British Petroleum has voiced concern, at the same time making massive investments in solar power.

Bush's fossil-nuke energy plan gives huge tax credits for gas guzzling HumVees, but has cynically stalemated long-standing green energy tax easements, crippling the once-booming US wind power industry.

Three years after Bush allowed 9/11, America's 103 atomic power reactors remain vulnerable to attacks from the air. The first plane that flew into the World Trade Center could instead have turned the Indian Point reactors north of New York City into radioactive infernos. Such an apocalyptic attack could still happen, killing millions and costing trillions, dwarfing Three Mile Island and Chernobyl. By doing nothing significant to make US reactors safer, Bush has painted them with a big terror bullseye.

Bush is also reviving nuke weapons production and testing, escalating the likelihood of nuclear war and production disasters.

After 9/11, Bush lied to the people of New York about the toxic fallout from the WTC collapses. His cover-up caused countless avoidable deaths. His assaults on the air, water, food and other regulatory responsibilities daily poison millions worldwide. They feed the on-going plague of cancers, lung and heart disease, childhood afflictions and too much more to catalog here.

Acid rain and ozone destruction add to the horrors of global warming, as do Bush's attacks on America's national parks and public lands.

As history's most environmentally destructive human, Bush's hate-nature crusade has been blessed by fanatic fundamentalists who believe destruction of the planet will hasten the Messiah. James Watt, Ronald Reagan's Interior Secretary, scorned attempts to preserve the Earth by announcing that Jesus was coming soon anyway.

Bush spinmeister Karl Rove bans such blunt talk. But his all-out attacks on environmental protection, fuel efficiency, renewable energy and much more have already guaranteed an avoidable death toll unparalleled in human history. The evil winds of climate chaos now blasting through the Caribbean may soon seem like mild breezes compared to the ultimate eco-curse of George W. Bush.

Attila the Hun. Genghis Khan. The Kaiser. Hitler. Stalin. Saddam. Bin Laden. None have killed more than those dying and destined to die at Bush's anti-green hands. His terror attacks have driven Mother Earth to the very brink.

Four more years and he just might finish her off---and all of us with her.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Bush is History's Top Terrorist [Re: fft2]
    #3195283 - 09/29/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I guess this must be another one of those demonized 'leftist-rag' articles..

err..he's only following orders

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3195294 - 09/29/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wow, this thread is so much different from the other 1000 created in the last couple years. amazing.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Bush is History's Top Terrorist [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3195473 - 09/29/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
wow, this thread is so much different from the other 1000 created in the last couple years. amazing.

After the next thousand maybe everyone will be convinced. I think posts like this are why the term "echo chamber" has come into the modern vernacular.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Bush is History's Top Terrorist [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3195542 - 09/29/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

After the next thousand maybe everyone will be convinced.

I doubt it.

Quote:

I think posts like this are why the term "echo chamber" has come into the modern vernacular.

then again the the definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3195688 - 09/29/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That article can be found here: http://www.freepress.org/columns/display/7/2004/957

fft2, you have been told before that when cutting and pasting from an online source you are required to provide the link.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3196433 - 09/29/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Harvey Wasserman should look up the definition of 'terrorism'.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3196712 - 09/29/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

We have to cut off the flow of oil money to the Islamic terrorists.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush is History's Top Terrorist [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3196877 - 09/29/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Harvey Wasserman should look up the definition of 'terrorism'.

As should George Bush

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3197108 - 09/29/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

terrorism

n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear

How do you define terrorism?

The Intelligence Community is guided by the definition of terrorism contained in Title 22 of the US Code, Section 2656f(d):

?The term ?terrorism? means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.

Last time I checked Bush wasn't a subnational group deliberately targeting civilians for media spectacle to intimidate democratic states. If you can prove Bush has acted specifically with the intention of murdering innocent people to coerce governments into political change I would be very surprised.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3197125 - 09/29/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: nicely done

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#3197135 - 09/29/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I remember bush saying something along the lines of "if you buy drugs, you are supporting terrorism"

sec. 802 in the patriot act also states that the breaking of any state law is considered an act of terror

he must have not had his dictionary handy when he approved of that teency weency extra lil tidbit

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Bush is History's Top Terrorist [Re: ekomstop]
    #3197147 - 09/29/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ekomstop said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I remember bush saying something along the lines of "if you buy drugs, you are supporting terrorism"

No, Karl Rove would never let him say something like that himself. He has his cronies do that for him.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#3197148 - 09/29/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ekomstop said:
sec. 802 in the patriot act also states that the breaking of any state law is considered an act of terrorism.

Link please

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush is History's Top Terrorist [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3197205 - 09/29/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Best I could do at the moment, I remember reading a really good article on this whole thing, I'm still trying to track it down

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/Section802.html#802

SEC. 802. DEFINITION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.

(a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or kidnapping' and inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping';

(2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';

(3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

`(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--

`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

`(B) appear to be intended--

`(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

`(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

`(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

`(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'.

(b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international terrorism as defined in section 2331;'.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3197226 - 09/29/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So the breaking of "any" state law is not, in fact, considered terrorism.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#3197236 - 09/29/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yep, I think you misread that. Glad I asked and thanks for answering

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3197315 - 09/29/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

God, I hate articles like this. As someone who actually spends most of his time studying environmental issues and global warming, it pisses me off to no end when half wits argue the subject knowing very little about it. It discredits what serious people are trying to do.

Yes, Bush is a terrible president in terms of how he treats the environment.

But this article paints him as some cartoonish supervillain who is causing all this bad weather we're getting. Whatever global warming has occured because of humanity, it is not to blame for current weather patterns! The natural disasters that we're seeing now are completely normal and have nothing to do with our meddling with the environment (flooding is an occasional exception). I wish people would stop writing articles like this. It's almost as bad as that stupid movie this past summer.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3197574 - 09/29/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The term ?terrorism? means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.

So the vice President was wrong when he said that Saddam himself was a terrorist in a recent stump speech (I tried googleling for an article, I couldn't find it. But it was a retort to Kerry's claim that now there are terrorist in Iraq where there weren't before) , since Saddam wasn't subnational?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order