Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
CBS is at it again
    #3196929 - 09/29/04 08:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Apparently having learned nothing whatsoever from their last fiasco (the Rathergate forged memo scandal), CBS once again drinks the koolaid.

On last night?s CBS Evening News they ran a story about the military draft being reinstate based on long-debunked Internet hoax emails and the testimony of an unlabeled Bush-hating advocacy group member. RatherBiased.com has the details (although their site is down as I write this):

In a story that was a textbook example of slipshod reporting, CBS reporter Richard Schlesinger used debunked internet hoax emails and an unlabeled interest group member to scare elderly ?Evening? viewers into believing that the U.S. government is poised to resume the draft.

At the center of Schlesinger?s piece was a woman named Beverly Cocco, a Philadelphia woman who is ?sick to my stomach? that her two sons might be drafted. In his report, Schlesinger claimed that Cocco was a Republican and portrayed her as an apolitical (even Republican) mom worried about the future.

Schlesinger did not disclose that Cocco is a chapter president of an advocacy group called People Against the Draft (PAD) which, in addition to opposing any federal proscription, seeks to establish a ?peaceful, rational foreign policy? by bringing all U.S. troops out of Iraq. Like Schlesinger?s Cocco, the group portrays itself as ?nonpartisan? although its leadership seems to be entirely bereft of any Republicans.

The group?s domain is registered to a man named Jacob Levich, a left-wing activist who in a 2001 essay compared the Bush Administration to the totalitarian government portrayed in George Orwell?s 1984.

Election's getting closer every day, CBS. Not much time left to concoct even more fraudulent attacks on the incumbent in the hopes of influencing the election towards your guy.

These fools are a disgrace. It's not just Rather, the entire organization is more corrupt than Noriega's cabinet ever was. What's so pathetic is that they truly suck at this. First it was clumsily forged documents that wouldn't fool a sixteen year old, now it's hoax e-mails that have been thoroughly debunked by pretty much everyone who's ever seen them.

pinky

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: CBS is at it again [Re: Phred]
    #3196983 - 09/29/04 08:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The whole thing was on ratherbiased .com but that site has been down for several hours now. I did see it though and it was jaw droppingly stupid. Will these fucking tools never learn? Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. They might as well just drop news coverage entirely.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: CBS is at it again [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3197031 - 09/29/04 09:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah -- they've got the most comprehensive commentary on this latest CBS goatfuck, so their site is completely overwhelmed. There are a few other sites that are guest hosting them for a while till the traffic eases off. Lemme see if I can dig up one or two.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3197072 - 09/29/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3197122 - 09/29/04 09:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Bernard Goldberg worked for 3 decades at CBS before he wrote Bias. He was ripped by the liberal media and they personally attacked him. It didn't stop him from become a NY Times bestseller, and it isn't stopping him for looking pretty damn smart right now.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion