Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
they just don't pin:-((
    #3130192 - 09/13/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hello guys i have 6 PR cakes in a terarrium with the right temps and humidity, 5-6 air exchanges per day and the cakes are sitting there with no pins for 10-11 days!!! the smell and their view is ok.
should i just wait MORE?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineupspoon

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3130199 - 09/13/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

patience my boy.
it will happen

--------------------
***Spiral Out, Keep going.***

Invisiblezdm
Baby eater

#3130200 - 09/13/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

do you even see any knots?

--------------------

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: zdm]
    #3130208 - 09/13/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't say cakes knot...

Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: Ayrios]
    #3130217 - 09/13/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yea they definately knot. its obvious little white balls of cottony looking stuff. i never understood what it was untill i saw it! but its amazing.

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: scape]
    #3130226 - 09/13/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm ok, I just think of casings when I hear knot.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3130252 - 09/13/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

what are your temps? also Patience is a virtue. :wink:

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3130255 - 09/13/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

u will probably get sum pins ina few days, cold shock it.

but

u already hav a cake, why not case it?

im on my first grow right now and i just harvested about 8 grams froma casing in which i only used verm,a dn sum tape saran wrap and a simply orange container.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlineshallow
    #3130262 - 09/13/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I just got my first freakin pin today after 11 days. Not the great success Ive been hoping for but better then nothing. Hopefully they will be fruitful and multiply :smile:.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3130269 - 09/13/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

some dude picked my first flush with PR. he dunked and cold shocked right when I birthed them. Took about a week and a half for it to pin then just 5 days for the veil to break. PR is a very strange strain. I had a mushrooms growing on mushrooms.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3130503 - 09/13/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>I just got my first freakin pin today after 11 days.

That's pretty average. I don't know why noobs are always expecting pins sooner.

-FF

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: fastfred]
    #3133455 - 09/14/04 08:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well it's not my first time cultivating, i have cultivated more than 10 times succesful and yes i always have pins 5-6 days after i birth them!

Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
    #3133833 - 09/14/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:

That's pretty average.  I don't know why noobs are always expecting pins sooner.

-FF

FF, I don't want to start an argument, but if you recall the poll you started a while back, the average time for people to see pins sounds like about 3-4 days. Dude has a good amount of experience with cubes, primarily on BRF & verm, but has never EVER waited more than a week for a healthy set of pins. 11 Days is a long time no matter how you cut it.

Total average time from innoc to first harvest 1 month give or take 1 week. Truth.  :stoned:

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: ricelicker]
    #3134311 - 09/14/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ricelicker said:
Quote:

fastfred said:

That's pretty average.  I don't know why noobs are always expecting pins sooner.

-FF

FF, I don't want to start an argument, but if you recall the poll you started a while back, the average time for people to see pins sounds like about 3-4 days. Dude has a good amount of experience with cubes, primarily on BRF & verm, but has never EVER waited more than a week for a healthy set of pins. 11 Days is a long time no matter how you cut it.

Total average time from innoc to first harvest 1 month give or take 1 week. Truth.  :stoned:

My poll was actually on "the fastest healthy pin you've ever had". And most people voted for "10 days or more" the next most popular was 8 days, which was tied with 5 days.

So according to the poll most people have never seen a healthy pin before 7 days, and more people voted for "10 days or more" than any other category.

I'm sticking by what I said...  11 days is pretty average.  It can take a lot longer, or you could have pins in 1 day, but this is highly unlikely.

I think the teks and FAQs should make it more clear what a reasonable pinnig time is.  We get way too many "It's been 4 days and I have no pins! HELP!!!" type quesitions here.

Comments like "11 Days is a long time no matter how you cut it," are both incorrect and encourage people to needlessly worry.

-FF

P.S.  Here is a link to the poll thread.

What's the fastest healthy pin you've ever had?

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3135307 - 09/14/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There are so many variables with pinning that if you don't get one quite tuned in right the pinning can take sooooo much longer. Apparently ricelicker has very nice luck, or follows directions very well, either way he seems to have a very successful pinning strategy.

So to settle this, if anything (of the four or so pinning triggers)is 'off' from nearly perfect you will get long pinning times, to the tune of 11 days or more. If everything is very close to perfect (which also can be somewhat of a moving target) then you'll get them much faster, perhaps less than 5 days. And therefore, less time should come with more experience and a more well-adjusted setup. Don't expect awesome speed the first time through though, since it's the first time you've tried the fruiting chamber, etc, etc.

--------------------
Anywhere in this posting where I have referred to myself or my possessions, it is a personalization of events and items experienced or possessed by someone else.  I do not personally do anything illegal, and I hope nobody else does either.

Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Re: they just don't pin:-(( [Re: Spudz76]
    #3195539 - 09/29/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is very disturbing.

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract