Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineh2o
Stranger
amanita ingestion question
    #3195346 - 09/29/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Since the psychoactive compounds are alkaloid I'm trying to find out right now if anyone's ever determined their solubility. Since the active ingredients in cannabis are also alkaloid AND they are fat soluble I'm wondering if the same might not be true for amanitas, in which you case you could make....

THE ULTIMATE SPACECAKE!!

No?

The paranoia surrounding the ingestion of amanita muscaria is rife in the mushroom lore of the forks area...with psilocybin being so plentiful out this way people don't appear to be very interested in something "that will kill you".

Is anyone familiar with the potency of the amanita mushrooms found in the northwest?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineohioscott
shroomer
Loc: Ohio, USA
Re: amanita ingestion question [Re: h2o]
    #3195504 - 09/29/04 02:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I know this doesnt really answer your question... but last night I baked some Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa until dry and chopped em up and at aproximately 9 grams... As far as I can tell nothing really happened! I felt a little different and pretty drowsy and I was having some of the side effects aka. sweating and increased salivation, but no trip really. Since these shrooms are less potent this year, Im going to try 15 grams tonight. I'll let you know how it goes =D

Invisiblekoraks
Re: amanita ingestion question [Re: h2o]
    #3196045 - 09/29/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

h2o said:
Since the psychoactive compounds are alkaloid

Psychoactive compounds are called 'alkaloids', yes. There are several wellknown alkaloids, such as DMT (dimethyltryptamine iirc; found in some phalaris species (grasses) and mimosa sp.), THC (tetra-hydro-cannabinol; cannabis) and mescaline (a phenetylamine, chemical relative to DMT; found in peyote and san pedro cacti). All these alkaloids (compounds) have different characteristics.

Quote:

I'm trying to find out right now if anyone's ever determined their solubility.

THC appears to be fat soluble. As for the tryptamines, I believe they are soluble in water and alcohol among others (I'd have to check my Shulgin on this). Different alkaloids can show different solution-properties.

Quote:

Since the active ingredients in cannabis are also alkaloid AND they are fat soluble

Yes, THC is fat soluble. But this has nothing to do with the active alkaloids in A. Muscaria (muscimol iirc). I don't know if muscimol is fat or water soluble...

Quote:

THE ULTIMATE SPACECAKE!!

No doubt you could make a space cake using fly agaric. But why? Why not just make a space cake with hashish or trip on some psilo-containing shrooms? Why focus on a drug most people experience as (very) uncomfortable?

Quote:

The paranoia surrounding the ingestion of amanita muscaria is rife in the mushroom lore of the forks area...with psilocybin being so plentiful out this way people don't appear to be very interested in something "that will kill you".

A. Muscaria will not kill you very easily. It can make you feel pretty bad (e.g. sorry you ever ate the rotten stuff), although some people report agreable trips on muscaria.

Offlineh2o
Stranger
Re: amanita ingestion question [Re: koraks]
    #3196105 - 09/29/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno...why bother smoking cannabis when you can just eat it?

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about the toxicity/psychoactive properties of these mushrooms so I will likely avoid them, sticking with psilocybes for the few occasions I trip.

The mushrooms inspire curiosity is all, perhaps frivolously so it would appear.

Thanks for responding to my food-based stream of consciousness line of thinking though, I appreciate it.

\m/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification