Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemushroomman23
perfect hepa muder
    #3194319 - 09/29/04 03:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

perfect muder i have tryed killing the green mold over and over again
i just tossed one of two casing beacus of green mold my last casing has had isolated out breacks of it witch i have covered up with baking soda dam i am just starting my first flush dam mold i hope at the very least i can get two fluses from it my new plane is i will no longer fan my casing the only air that any casing of mine are going to get is the air coming from my holms hepa air purifer i have elimaneted all other vectors of contamination so i think my cotam
problems are do to a heavy spore load in my apt so i figer i can finally defeat my mold problems on my peat casing by only airing my fruiting chamber with the air from a hepa any one elese that has been having contam problems may want to try this the hepa i have is a little bigger than a phone book i would think this would bring down contams by 70% this is assuming you have a clean casing and all elese is ok the 70% figer is off the top of my haed over the next 5 grows i will verfi this sorry for the miss spelled words hope this helps some one ele that may be battling contams in fruiting

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: perfect hepa muder [Re: mushroomman23]
    #3194447 - 09/29/04 04:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I got a Holmes tabletop HEPA unit at walmart for under 40 bucks. So far, its been a HUGE money saver. I would invest, its just a necessity now.

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
    #3202101 - 10/01/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If your spore count is that high in your apartment, I would reccomend getting any new vaccume cleaner, as they all come with hepa filters. Most spores come-from and end-up in your carpet and couch cusions.

They also sell lock-down products that clump these spores into larger vaccume-able chunks. Check for "Febreze " and also look into a product called "Natures Miracle". It is an enzyme that loves to eat spores and bacteria... "Non-toxic, Non-Flammable, and Non-Acidic. Ingredients: Water, Enzymes, Isopropyl Alcohol, Citrus scent."

This may not solve your problems, but unless you have a window open all of the time, then your contamination is from your floor, or finger nails / hands.

You could always go out and buy a large rubber-maid storage container, and make a mini-clean room. Cut holes in one side for attaching giant rubber gloves, and another hole in the other side for entrance / removal of your work. Then you only need a small desk ionizer (O3) generator (Ozone) glade plugin ionizers are great, but don't use the perfume packets, and a mini hepa room filter, sold where the ionizers are sold.

The oversized gloves should be one size larger than you would normally use, easy to get in and out of, and should be long enough to go to your elbows. You can affix them to the plastic with plexiglass rings, not useless solvents. Most black gloves are chemicaly resistant and can be sterilized with alcohol and peroxide baths. So are most rubber-maid storage containers. Get one with a clear top, or clear sides.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Offlinemushroomman23
    #3216347 - 10/05/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well hell i might as well up date this since using the hepa i have had no more problems and that casing is fruiting like crazy in addition to using the hepa i have asol lowered rh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum