Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Po............NO....................MO
    #3192974 - 09/28/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well after the welfare shit, EI (which I still havent filled for) and a huge tax mess.

It sure feels good to have a job again :grin: I just got it about 1 hour ago.

I am in a union :wink: I will be making a GOOD wage, I have medical , dental, sick pay etc. :heart: (people that hate unions are either uneducated or jealous :wink: )

I am almost in a state of shock.....because I have been trying to find another job after my last one for longer then I can remember..................well almost.

And with all the presure that was building up as of late I thought I was about to go insane, but that all changed one hour ago :smile:

Its a Warehouse job, this warehouse is so large its almost scary.

I was recomended by someone my father knows, they dropped off my application.....BUT that got me no where, nono.gif and after talking to a guy on the bus the other day that just got a job I thought....FUCK IT, I am just going to walk in there and ask for the guy that hired him wink.gif and I did just that. :wink:

It turns out that my dads friend handed in my application to the Shipping manager and I was talking to the reciveing manager, BUT!, who walks around the corner at that exact moment when I am getting nervous and have run out of things to say.....the women who recomended me!

The manager says........"should I hire this guy" (and smiles while looking at us both)

"Yes, absolutly, he is a friend of mines son, and hes a good person and a hard worker etc etc etc"

My shift is 1;30AM to 8:00am :shocked: YA, kinda late I know :shocked: , but hey I have been looking forever and at least for the fall it will kick ass.......(i.e. Mushroom picking after work biggrin.gif , I wont miss out my those local Psilocybes :mushroom2: )

Its OVER!!!!!!!!

I can relax smile.gif , no more worry.........ah it feels so nice...and it will feel even nicer after I smoke this solar bowl.

Fuck you welfare! tongue.gif Fuck your stupid rules that totally backwards, considering I am POOR so making me PAY for multiple things to apply seems a little stupid. :nonono:

OH, and by the way, now that I am working you can all expect some much more serious work from me in the cultivation sections , pics and all, because I am buying a digi cam ASAP. (not that I wasent serious before, but I am about to kick it up a notch) :thumbup: No JOKE :wink:

Anyone thats looking , I wish you luck, I KNOW it sucks, but dont worry........time heals all.

No more barely hanging on for me............. :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/28/04 07:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3192986 - 09/28/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Money is some good.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3192989 - 09/28/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:
work and money is great.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3192999 - 09/28/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Congrats on the job. Sounds like you surely needed it, why were you on welfare? besides being poor? Do you have children?

I hate unions because I've worked for them and am educated about them. Educated people may have formed a different opinion than you.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: Adom]
    #3193025 - 09/28/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am not talking about someone with a specific union beef, I am talking about the brain dead hick drunks that think all unions are bad etc.

I was NEVER on welfare, I couldnt get any. :wink:

Union "haters" are generally stupid old drunks around these parts :wink:

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3193187 - 09/28/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

congrats man.  lets see some garden action goin :laugh:

the idea of a union is good, but many are pretty bad.  teachers union here where we live.  im sure ya knwo all about them.  no good  :nonono:  greedy bastards USING kids for their selfish wants  :yesnod: cock suckers.

anyway it will be awsome seeing pics of all your shiot.  cant wait :smile:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: kadakuda]
    #3193275 - 09/28/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If teachers got paid well enough for their job they wouldn't really need a good strong union. The education system in America is basically state-funded babysitting. Would you want to have to take care of all the other shitty kids on the block? Day in and day out the whole year? And deal with the parents who refuse to believe that their angelic and brilliant kids are little shitheads and troublemakers all day? Teachers put up with a lot more crap than people thing.

Unions are meant to help the workers of this country not get screwed by the owners and investors. Depending on who is running the union it can be good or bad. Not unlike our own government....

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3193367 - 09/28/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"If teachers got paid well enough for their job they wouldn't really need a good strong union. The education system in America is basically state-funded babysitting. Would you want to have to take care of all the other shitty kids on the block? Day in and day out the whole year? And deal with the parents who refuse to believe that their angelic and brilliant kids are little shitheads and troublemakers all day? Teachers put up with a lot more crap than people thing."

and paying the teachers more would bring in more competition to the field, making the quality within the  profession better overall.
:thumbup:

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: MrBump]
    #3193382 - 09/28/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well said. Both my parents were teachers. It is hard when all of the population beleives that they arent worth the money. That leads to assholes on the school board who get one of their buddies to become superentendant. They control all of the budjet and saleries. Its truly organized crime that no one can control.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: Jim]
    #3193679 - 09/28/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i do knwo what you mean but the teachers here are really quite greedy. dotn want to get into a huge discussion about it, but last contract tehy demanded a 40+ percant raise (average is already 45k a year, well a teachers year). they are important but what they ACTUALLY do HERE is not worth it in my opinion. there are exceptions, and lots, but for the most part your right. they are babysitters. the whole way they went about trying to get their raise was dirty and very shallow. they used the kids, they used the parents, adn after all was said and doen their raise came out of the school budgets. now i HATE our liberals and i liek to see them fry, but i got really pissed when they started preying on them as the excuss our system is so shitty. i have lost most all respect for teachers in this area. i was a student not too long ago, and was when it was happening, and my father works for the school board and is part of the union. i can say with 100% heart behind it, they are greedy selfish people who somewhere along the line lost all passion for teaching and became bitter and bitchy.

also while them and the admins especially get large raises, teh admins get large lease trucks and gas/phones paid for, CUPE has been kinda screwed. maintenance dept. conttract for raises is 0-0-2. 2% in 3 years, and 3 in 3 before that. longer hours, harder work, longer years, less benefits, less pay, and less say. to me that is bullshit. again not saying their job isnt important, and they had to be educated well to do it. but here in our school system it aint worth it. at all.

anyway not to take away from his post. i for one am glad your all setup with job and such. have fun man.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: kadakuda]
    #3193750 - 09/28/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I support CUPE :thumbup:
But thats ok if you dont, it doesnt matter to me......... its ok.

Especially because I am now part of the United Food Workers and Packers Union, and there is  *nothing WRONG* with them, they are a GREAT union.

But hey I am glad that my thread got a little political action going, even if it was one of the most boring political topics. :yesnod:
anyway........
YES you can expect more garden action :thumbup:

I really want to get a digi cam before msuhroom seasons over , I plan on getting a cheaper one, like a Cannon A60 ,I have used it and its good enough.

If I can go cheaper and still mantain quality I will, for now I just have to BUY a cam, I could always get a better one later, but mushroom season is VERY important to me, and I cant let it pass without taking some pics :grin:

Viva Union, I have medical , dental, a high wage ,sick pay , holiday pay etc.
(and I can actually take a day off sometimes :thumbup: )

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/28/04 11:49 PM)

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3193816 - 09/28/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sweet man good on ya. i support cupe too. i support most unions, but the teachers union really rubbed me the WRONG fucking way last contract!

the a60 is an excellent camara for the money dude! i would definatly recomend it over any of the other simialr priced ones. no question. im saving up for a new camera, DEFINATLY gonna be a cannon. for the money they jsut seem damn good. and really good dark macro shots. which is pretty handy for mushroom pics in the forest....

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3193863 - 09/28/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

unions are only nice if the economy sucks and there needs to be control.

I make more then double what i would if I was union controlled.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3193983 - 09/29/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Pa............NA...........MA

congrats on the new job! It's nice to have some extra money to spend :laugh:

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: stefan]
    #3194356 - 09/29/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

can i have some money?

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: plexus]
    #3194551 - 09/29/04 04:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

get a job and ask your boss for money :tongue2:

OfflineKidShelleen
watch thesensations
    #3194703 - 09/29/04 07:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Unions use their special privileges under Federal law (and, of course, the threat of violence) to extort higher pay and benefits than the demand for their skills (if any) would otherwise get for them. The cost of the higher wages and benefits is passed on to the consumers in higher prices or, in the case of government workers, to the taxpayers in higher taxes. Unions can be great if you are in one, but the vast majority of people are not, and they have to pay extra for the higher standard of living the union people get. Not fair.

KS

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Po............NO....................MO [Re: KidShelleen]
    #3195678 - 09/29/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I work for a canadian union and I havent EVER seen violence from a Canadian union, unless you count fishermen in Newfoundland :wink:

You missunderstand, you see LOW wage jobs, like temp agencies like Manpower, which would be the #1 employer if it counted as a real one(its a temp agency)
Walmart comes in second. (well FIRST )

These kinds of jobs lower standards.

So dont tell me the unions are ruining everything, people that give their fucking lives to their jobs(working their ass off etc) deserve good pay , and maybe even..... :shocked: MEdical and dental  :shocked: , why the hell would I not want a highewr starting wage,OH NO! $10.50Canadian, gee I am SUCH an elitist :rolleyes: what have I become :rolleyes: cough cough *

Today was my first day, at first the boxes were light , and later in the day I end up with some boxes that are 87pounds each, I can lift 87 pounds no problem, but lifting about 400 or so boxes that are 87 pounds kinda sucks,having to do that more then once a day, isnt very cool either.

I deserved the money I made today, I have worked in every shit job you could think off, and the highest paying job I ever had was removing asbestos(which I quit after 4 days)

I worked really hard to get this job , and I earned my 90 or so dollars,*before   
taxes* today, I have no shame in the the fact I am in a union,, I was glad that when I got my employee packet that it was the first thing the asked me to fill out, I singed EAGERLY, haveing read the details :wink: 

My friend also had a good experience, with his union........

He doesnt make an amazing wage, he works at a recylcing depot, but when managment tried to screw him, by laying him off , with a bull excuse about his qualifications, when he had been working there for 5 months and 2 weeks, thus he was 2 weeks away from joining the union, and they tried to fuck him, plain and simple, and he got his job back, nice to know :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/29/04 09:56 PM)

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3195704 - 09/29/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i agree. but some uniosn abuse their power. very few, but they certainly sour people opinions of unions as a whole. 10.50 an hour aint great, but if he wasnt in the union you can bet it would be 8/h (minimum wage here) and no benefits.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom