Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 20. Should I trip with sober people?
    #3193585 - 09/29/04 12:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

20. Should I trip with sober people?

Discuss.

Edit the Tripper's FAQ yourself. Check the link in my signature.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
Re: FAQ 30. Should I trip with sober people? [Re: Rose]
    #3193718 - 09/29/04 01:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I perfer not to trip with sober people, unless I'm close with them. Sometimes I can get bad vibes from people I don't know too well ..... "am I acting weird"...."why do they keep looking at me".....and lots of thoughts like that..

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #3194626 - 09/29/04 07:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Unless they are mature, no. If you have fucktards screwing around while tripping it can really affect the trip. Someone who has tripped before would be good, because they know what you are experiencing, and come to your aid when you request it instead of morons running round trying to freak you out.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: FAQ 30. Should I trip with sober people? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #3194776 - 09/29/04 10:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah there's nothing more annoying than someone saying "OMG you're on magic mushrooms?!" then run up and start clapping infront of your face. Damn tards :smile:

If I am going to be around people who know that I am on mushrooms, then I would prefer it to be close friends.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #3194923 - 09/29/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If they've tripped before, it might be alright, although I prefer to be completely alone. I don't even like to be with my Self (pun intended har har)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: FAQ 30. Should I trip with sober people? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #3195791 - 09/29/04 03:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Unless they are mature, no. If you have fucktards screwing around while tripping it can really affect the trip. Someone who has tripped before would be good, because they know what you are experiencing, and come to your aid when you request it instead of morons running round trying to freak you out.

:thumbup: Quoted for emphasis

There is nothing more gay than a person that tries to fuck with you when you are tripping. Mostly because nothing they do actually fucks with you, you just get irritated and see how immature they are. And getting angry during a trip is a total waste of the mush...

Anyway, if it's a sober person you are comfortable with and one that cares about you, then it should be good times to have them along.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3196458 - 09/29/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Generally, I wouldn't reccomend it, unless you know the people fairly well and are comfortable around them. Preferably, they should be people who have tripped before themselves. Also depends on dosage. I've taken small doses and hung out with my friends while they were sober, and they didn't even suspect a thing. It also depends on how well you handle yourself on psychedelics. Definitely wouldn't reccomend it to people who are new to psychedelics.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePathos Happy Birthday
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: FAQ 30. Should I trip with sober people? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3197848 - 09/30/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've only taken mushrooms twice. The first time I was with a combination of people who were tripping and others who werent. I felt really uncomfortable (paranoid thoughts and delusions, etc...) until the "non-trippers" left. After that, everything was peachy. The other time was with a good friend who was also tripping and it was a much more positive experience.

Offlineshallow
    #3197944 - 09/30/04 12:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, provided that they are friends who know what you are doing, who also partake of the sacred substance and that you can talk to them about what is happening. Nothing hurts more then trying to hide you trip from other people (especially when your going balls out). Ive had great experiences with other people who werent triping but knew exacly what was going on ( theyve shown me some greats trip enhanching tips) and Ive had bad experiences trying to hide it from people. This is why cops suck so much.

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3200627 - 09/30/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thats so true about (non-drug) people trying to fuck with you by doing shit that really doesnt freak you out....but for me, if i'm tripping with sober people, I can still have an enjoyable night...but its almost as if I'm subconciously fighting the trip in order to seem normal enough to interact with the sober people.  This pisses me off, by the end of my trip i feel like i wasted a dose.  All in all, while tripping, fuck sober people and their non-trippy ways.  Just wander away somewhere with your tripping frineds, It'll be much more fun if you let the shrooms take hold. :wink:

Edited by Booooom (10/01/04 12:30 PM)

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: FAQ 30. Should I trip with sober people? [Re: Boom]
    #3200642 - 09/30/04 06:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

idiot waving hands in front you distracting you from delving deep into your mind-space
*Smack!*

teach them to fuck with you :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #3219490 - 10/05/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

as long as your not the only one tripping, a few sober people ain't that bad, but it's much better when everyone trips

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: FAQ 20. Should I trip with sober people? [Re: Rose] * 1
    #3980572 - 03/28/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Here's the answer so far. Please continue the discussion. Add your comments, or edit the Answer yourself.

Should I trip with sober people?

by: blinkidiot & doc & shroomism

A "Trip Sitter" can be a very helpful person to have around especially if this person is naturally laid back and has experience with psychadelics and tripping people. They can provide a basis for reality if you get too far "out there".. but they can still join in on your deep thinking and humor or acknowledge some of your tripping ideas. This has the benefit of providing balance.. the sober person has entertainment and someone to care for, and the tripping person has someone to ground them and experiment with. However, some people don't want to be too grounded while tripping, or at all.. so it's important that the sober person be someone whose natural personality would not clash with the tripping vibe.

Unless they have tripped before, sober people will likely be incredibly annoying and distracting. People who don't know what it's like might try to mess around with you, which is especially irritating.
As a rule: try to avoid it, unless it is your first time tripping, or you enjoy company. If it can't be avoided or it's for personal safety, try to find another location or time for the experience before going through with it.

If you want to go deep, tripping alone can be a very enjoyable experience; not having to distract focus from your experience because of other people is important.

Tripping in groups is also fun.

Tripping with sober people requires trust. Be sure to start with a small dose if you insist on trying to trip with the sober.

Although sober people may be bothersome to you while you are tripping, and tripping solo is very beneficial, if it is your first psychedelic experience DON'T TRIP ALONE. In a worst case scenario that you are confronted by an authority, or by a life or death situation, making quick coherent decisions is difficult whilst under the influence of psychoactives. You may quickly find yourself in the need of someone sober enough to help you. Most of the time tripping with sober people really doesn't have an effect on me, people may try to "mess" with you, but this is the least my concerns, and their help outweighs their annoyances 100 fold.

In an ideal group situation all but a small amount of people are under the influence. The person or persons who take one for the team are considered nannies in most circles, and deserve the love similar to a mother. Having someone that can act fast if things get hairy, change the cds, and generally take care of the trippers is incredibly beneficial to the sense of safety, which in turn leads to "better" more enjoyable experiences. But by no means is this person your bitch or treated as a slave; if anything they are moreso your superior if not equal.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience