Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
How am I suppose to feel?
    #3193137 - 09/28/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Have you ever noitice that everything you do, i mean everything, your programmed to feel a certain way because of the pattern since birth.
People call this beliefs, but after watching fight club, I came up with a theory.

Heres and example, look at something, I mean anything, and realize that theres an already programmed reflection of this image in your head. What if you said fuck it, i dont want to feel that way....

Just forget about fear, hate, love, everything, and just look.....this might sound like reaching void, and it is, but through anger.....and frustration

Notice only yourself, the thing that your looking at has no attachment to you. After you reach a point were everyhthings the same, look at yourself and realize that your not shit either.

Everyone gets lost in meditation and forget the point, but what if you get so frustrated at the point enough were you just forget the point, forget everything.

Yeah, most of you might think this is a fucked up analagy.....the the thing is, its not for you, its for the people that are angry and frustrated....

btw this is a very effective method for myself, It might also be for others, this is why im sharing this. If it doesnt apply to you, dont try it.

pees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChimera
Eyes wide open!

Loc: Great Smoky Mountains
Re: How am I suppose to feel? [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3193189 - 09/28/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think I understand what you're trying to get across. Basically, to answer the question in your title, all previous events in your life up until this very moment distinguish how you feel about a certain topic. Maybe you're against human cloning or you just don't agree with the "pro-choice" abortion stance. I guess it has to do with whatever environment you've been exposed to throughout your life and what biases and opinions you've experienced and eventually picked up as your own.

It's very hard to over-ride your programming. I think Swami had a thread challenging members to broaden their musical choices. If you hate country, go out and buy a country album and listen to it for the next week. If after that amount of time you can't appreciate the music, you could at least say you gave it a chance.

I'm not sure if this is what you were trying to lead the discussion into, but that's the way I interpreted it. 

:grin:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3194750 - 09/29/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

interesting thoughts!

doesn't everyone get angry or frustrated?

do you think you can reprogram your own head so you can react to reality in the way you want to?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: How am I suppose to feel? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3194804 - 09/29/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"but through anger.....and frustration"

This is the mentality I try to avoid big time. You dont want to only start seeking new ways of perception once your pissed off. I make clear mental notes that when things are getting tough and I try looking for new answers through anger or frustration I STOP, and with a new light, start looking with a sense of happiness/"thrill" to find new information.

I think this is a healthy approach so you dont train your mind to think "its only time to change when our pissed off, not before". Learn to change before getting strong negative feelings and if you still get them try not being motivated/backed by them, change to a positive feeling mindset and see how much farther you can go :thumbup:.

Edited by tracing (09/29/04 08:28 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3195180 - 09/29/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How am I suppose to feel?
- like you do.?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3195208 - 09/29/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

whiterussian, i see your technique buried in your words.

you are playing a game in reality.

all the answers of any given situation is stored right there in your head. so when a given situation comes up, you can just pluck out a memory. not an original thought, but a pre disposed one.

this angers you.

so you look at an object, any object and completely detach yourself from it. realise that you are completely detahced from everything.

now close your eyes and look at yourself.

look at the pattern thta is yourself.

detach from it. you will go into the void. but you will be gone.

peace.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3195267 - 09/29/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'll throw in a different perspective here.

Sounds to me like you just use the energy of anger or frustration to motivate desired change. Fear is big motivator too. A lot of us were raised as fear being what motivates our actions. Love is the best motivator by far. Emotions from any point on the spectrum are all powerful motivators, hense e motion, they put things into motion.

I see all emotions as being distortions of universal love, the energy that moves us around and thought acts as the guide. Distorted thoughts can invoke distored emotions and distorted emotions can invoke distorted thoughts.

The ideal is to be guided and moved by clarity (easier said then done don't I know it! LOL).

Take a few to align with unconditional universal love, a place where everything moves as one, individually, for the one cause of self realisation, where only love for the whole self exists. Remember that duality is the illusion that splits light/information into opposing directions as well as love/emotions.

I was just playing with this (I love being inspired to play with energy) Put your arms out in front of you and bend them at the elbow at right angles. Your right hand will be pointing left and your left hand to the right. Take all of the opposing energy flows of the cause of the anger or frustration and feel and imagine it in your arms. Then turn your arms at the shoulder so both hands point up and get the mental and emotional energy flowing in alignment.

Your aligned motivation and guiding thoughts will pull you out of anger and frustration. That part gets easy to do with practice, the hard part is remembering to do it.

If you can get your own inner opposition back into alignment, your outter reality will begin to reflect it again.

Tod made a good point about the sort of detachment that makes you nothing. What I am learning is that what makes us get attached to things in a harful way is the mental and emotional weight and value of importance we do give to them. Just remove the weight value, that will remove the mass and gravity that pulls you down, mentally and emotionally.

Thanks for the reminder for me to do this more often!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3195331 - 09/29/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Anger is something that is programmed too.

I was thinking about what your saying, earlier.  I had a sudden realisation that I was seeing in colour.  Instantly everything became vibrant and I felt content. :smile:

Sorry if I misunderstood you in anyway but it was hard to read!

In reply to your Q. how about happy/content with just being.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

attitude is plastic [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3195374 - 09/29/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what I mean by plastic attitude is that you can show any mask you like.
the feelings are part of the mask (components of expression that are inside teh body usually).
sure it is programmed and practiced, but the attitude is selectable, by *will*.
usually that is a matter of waking up in the midst of automatic behaviour:

now each mask has its metaphorical facial expression (includes all body postures and actions) and it also includes the metaphorical eye-slits, so that when you express yourself, you will then sit behind the mask looking in a particular way for the world to respond to your expression.

The metaphorical mask eyeslits filter out what you are not looking for so that you can "more efficiently" respond with another mask from a small set of related options...
this is the programming.

when you wake up during any sequence, you can extend the eyeslits to be more relaxed and open, you can take in different data and more easily respond out of band, i.e. beyond the program.

it is as easy as relaxing your face and eyes.
sometimes entheogen helps

OfflineWhiteRussian
Re: attitude is plastic [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3195599 - 09/29/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanx for the replys guys, but this wasnt the point
i never said im angry, but everyone gets angry at times, as some of you have already read my previous posts, im a very happy person......... :tongue:

this post was for the people that already went into the state of anger and frustration, and I know its hard to get out of it, so this was my theory....get angry enough to the point were you forget what anger is and your in void.

"Yeah, most of you might think this is a fucked up analagy.....the the thing is, its not for you, its for the people that are angry and frustrated....

btw this is a very effective method for myself, It might also be for others, this is why im sharing this. If it doesnt apply to you, dont try it."

lol, everything is relevent, if you see a negative thought, dont assume its the only thought, thats why I said, If it doesnt apply to you, dont try it.

OfflineWhiteRussian
Re: attitude is plastic [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3195610 - 09/29/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"do you think you can reprogram your own head so you can react to reality in the way you want to?"

Yes

OfflineWhiteRussian
Re: Chimera [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3195621 - 09/29/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

btw, i suck at explainening things :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3195640 - 09/29/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

doesn't everyone get angry or frustrated?
No, or at least to a much lesser degree.

do you think you can reprogram your own head so you can react to reality in the way you want to?
Yes, you can. One can start with logic (as always!).

I was helping a friend shop for a plasma TV last week. She got angry/frustrated with the salesman. The salesman no longer wanted to help her and I wanted to leave. I asked her if her emotional outburst served her purpose in any way, the answer was, "Not, but...!"

The "but" was obviously a rationalization. Do your emotions serve you or do you serve them? That is the ONLY question.

When I was robbed at gunpoint two years ago, getting angry would not change the situation for the better and might have gotten me killed.

Do your emotions serve you or do you serve them? That is the ONLY question. If they do not serve you then let them drop away like so much useless trash.

I played some racquetball the other day and my opponent made a few small mistakes and got angry over them, which led to more mistakes in a feedback loop until he exploded - and lost - of course.

Do your emotions serve you or do you serve them? That is the ONLY question.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (09/30/04 12:01 AM)

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3195648 - 09/29/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"No, or at least to a much lesser degree."

whos to judge?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3195691 - 09/29/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Huh? Are you unable to tell if you are better at controlling your emotions today than when you were a child?

When Mike Tyson bit Evander Holyfield's ear ina boxing match a few years back, do you not think you could somewhat accurately judge Tyson's emotional state?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3195727 - 09/29/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Whos to judge whats lesser?

an overall angry person might get extremely mad everyday, but this is normal in his/her eyes.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: attitude is plastic [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3195731 - 09/29/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

another great post redgreenvines

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: How am I suppose to feel? [Re: Swami]
    #3197077 - 09/29/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"I was helping a friend shop for a plasma TV last week. She got angry/frustrated with the saleman. The saleman no longer wanted to help her and I wanted to leave. I asked her if her emotinal outburst served her purpose in any way, The answer was, "Not, but...!"

The "but" was obviously a rationalization. Do your emotions serve you or do you serve them? That is the ONLY question."

you know, I've done that many times. not geting mad at the salesperson, but trying to justify my reaction that literally hurt my situation.  i use them or reality as an excuse or a crutch to justify some of the odd behavior I was displaying (such as an emotional outburst :wink: )

so many times I couldn't keep it simple and even admit it to myself. 

"Do your emotions serve you or do you serve them? That is the ONLY question. If they do not serve you then let them drop away like so much useless trash."

that is really a prfound statement. my initial reaction was no!  you can't drop emotions away.  and it's funny that my ego put a negative connotation onto it  :grin:

i think emotions play a big part in life, and can very well determine how well a person will do.  you know, like a clear mind has a much better chance of making better descisions; less chatter more focus.

"Yes, you can. One can start with logic (as always!). "

:sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3197153 - 09/29/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, this comes from the belief that all emotions are "automatic" and "natural", when really they are an adopted form of expressing oneself during a certain situation.

If you find yourself troubled by strong emotions, meditate on where they came from, what created them, and what is their purpose. You will find the answer to all three of these to be the same :smile:

You are not your actions, thoughts, or emotions. You are the poetic flow of observation.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #3197173 - 09/29/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you can use anger and frustration, but like any spiritual path you have to be willing to start with yourself before you bring it out into the world. most poeple who get angry and frustrated aren't willing to really go with it and take out that anger and frustration on themselves, the way the poeple in fight club did.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom