Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblethatbig
enthusiast
Loc: washington
No cam so what can I do?
    #3192904 - 09/28/04 08:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Visiting my girl yesterday I stumbled upon several mushrooms growing in the grass.  I dont know what they are, but I've got stamets book on nw shrooms as well as a small black and white book by mj ( I believe)

Should I give somebody the location and they could take a look and tell me what they are?  I took several just incase they are the real deal.  I could careless if someone knows where they are I'm just curious if there active or not.  I found the exact same type of mushie not to far from downtown by eastlake.  (what i mean by "took several is i put 3 or 4 in a ziplock baggie and put them in the frig just incase there active)

They seem to match the discription on pg 23 by magic mushrooms of the pacific northwest by mj.  They are a golden brown  but dont bruise blue.  But they look different than the ones on pg  151 of psilocybin  mushrooms of the world by paul stamets.  Even though there the same species. "stuntzii

I know without a pic no one can tell me for sure, but  if i give the location you can look for yourself :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: No cam so what can I do? [Re: thatbig]
    #3193038 - 09/28/04 09:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

first your ziplock bag is not going to preserve them.. it will rot them away .. and second if you have no way to come to a complete answer of species theres no point in picking.. that just reduces their chance of spreading.. if they dont bruise blue they are 99% not active

Invisiblethatbig
enthusiast
Re: No cam so what can I do? [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3193678 - 09/29/04 01:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well n/s for the ziplock it was ONLY TEMPORARY  (1 week or so in the frig) and i only grabbed several.  And not brusing blue is NOT something that  PROVES there NOT active.  Finally if your any where NEAR NJ your probably NOT the person I want answering this. 

This message was for someone who lives in the Seattle area who out of CURIOSITY wouldnt mind taking a look at them growing.  Worst case there not active, and best case they are. 

While I appreciate your reply I prefer someone ALITTLE closer than NJ! :rolleyes: :grin:

InvisibleHeruuka
    #3193711 - 09/29/04 01:20 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm further than NJ, and even i know he's right and youre an idiot.

H

OfflineDelirium_in_BC
Recreationalist

Loc: NW, BC
    #3193934 - 09/29/04 02:10 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Too Vague of any descriptions... Doesnt sound good though

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3195036 - 09/29/04 12:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

take a sporeprint and describe them better.

you can take them to a shop and scan them too.

DH

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #3195219 - 09/29/04 01:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How about reading the rules of the forum and providing us with an accurate description?

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: No cam so what can I do? [Re: Gumby]
    #3195319 - 09/29/04 01:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

damn maybe i shouldnt even POST here being a Jerseyan :wink:  damn state

Invisiblethatbig
enthusiast
Re: No cam so what can I do? [Re: spores]
    #3195614 - 09/29/04 02:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I had a long post, but know what?  nevermind.. :rolleyes:

Edited by thatbig (09/29/04 02:53 PM)

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

#3195686 - 09/29/04 03:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

so sorry for expecting you to do the same thing we ask everyone else to do :rolleyes:.

way to learn about what you're trying to find...

DH

Invisiblethatbig
enthusiast
    #3195747 - 09/29/04 03:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I wasnt looking for an exception to what you say or how you instruct others. I was JUST offering a location that the interested may consider. ONCE AGAIN: if they're not active no harm, if they ARE then great find.

What then IS mushroom hunting? I'm not looking for a partner, for a hook up or ANYTHING like that. Just SOMEONE in the area to look for themselves. Yea I read the rules of this forum, MORE than I'd like to and I'm sure they would be easily found. With all the landscaping that is around my girl's house there pretty obvious.

I didn?t know 15 minutes was a trouble if your "really" trying to mushroom hunt, or find other different locations, EVEN IF they turned out to be non-actives. Obviously I was wrong.

Its NOT a loss for me but for those (maybe, not knowing if there active or not) who REALLY are into mushroom hunting. (supposedly) Maybe everyone has there locations mapped out and there is no need for different locations. If this is the case I apologize profusely for the wasting of your time.

Edited by thatbig (09/29/04 03:21 PM)

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

#3195775 - 09/29/04 03:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I realize what you're saying, and I can't speak for the others, but I don't feel like driving down there just to look at a patch of LBMs for someone and see if they're active or not. I don't need any shrooms or more places to pick and being told right where they're at isn't exactly 'hunting' in my book anywho.

picking a couple, taking a spore print and typing up a quick description can teach you a lot about identifying them on your own and takes what, 10 minutes (after the print is done)? if you do that and want some help, we will gladly do what we can for you, if you just want us to go look on our own and tell you yay or nay, you're out of luck I think. nothing personal.

peace,

DH

Invisiblethatbig
enthusiast
    #3195904 - 09/29/04 04:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I appreciate your candor and honesty.  I guess that?s what separate those who have the knowledge versus those that don?t. I spent enough money on the two books in the original post, and even attending a class at the U of W where Mr. Stamets was giving pointers on the mushrooms of Washington St.  And I still don?t know exactly what I'm doing :sad: :shake:

I've found this hunting thing MORE time consuming then I FIRST realized. So maybe I should apologize for my lack of desire to sit down an additional 10 minutes describing what COULD be a non - active (what do you call them?) LBM :smile:

5 shrooms to you for your honest, mature, and kind response.  I will not trouble you further.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification