Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
A Few Quick Questions
    #3192473 - 09/28/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone. I got a few quick questions.

1. The spore syringe solution I got is completely clear. Is it supposed to be that way? This is my first grow so I didn't know what to expect as far as syringe solution color.

2. The jars I got are plastic and have a plastic screw-on top. Where does the Tyvek go?

3. Since the jars are plastic, can I still boil them in a pot? I know to place a cloth between the pot and the jars. How much water should I put in the pot? How long should I boil them for?

3. The substrate and vermiculite came in the same vacuum-sealed bag. How much of the MIXTURE should I put in the 1/2 pint jars? (ie. 1/4 cup, etc)

4. The vermiculite that came with the substrate is medium, I guess you could say. The verm. that I purcashed at the store is very fine. Should I still put a layer of the fine verm. on top of the substrate/verm. mixture? (If needed I could potentially sift out the brown rice flour from the bag, disregard the "medium" verm and use the fine verm only.)

5. Should I still use the fine verm. to double-end case?

Please let me know. I plan on preparing everything TONIGHT. Thank you.

Edited by MoneyAddyct (09/28/04 05:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: 2 Quick Questions [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3192499 - 09/28/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1. As long as you got the syringe from a Shroomery vendor a clear syringe is fine (and through other vendors as well, but you can't be sure).

2. The Tyvek is placed between the jar lid and the jar.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: 2 Quick Questions [Re: MycoCat]
    #3192530 - 09/28/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Do you mean just on top of the dry verm before the jar lid? There is nothing between the jar lid and the jar. It's just the lid and then whatever is inside the jar.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

#3192540 - 09/28/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

3. If your substrate came prepared, why do you need to mix vermiculite with it? What is your substrate?

4. If you're doing the PF Tek a one inch layer of vermiculite is put on top of the substrate to guard against contamination.

5. I've heard fine vermiculite can become too dense and mycelium can have trouble colonizing it (as a casing layer) but for a cake I'm not sure.

--------------------

Meow.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
    #3192553 - 09/28/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

3. I dont need to mix vermiculite with it. It's all prepared together. I just want to know--how much of that mixture (the pre-prepared verm./substrate mixture) should I put in the jar? How much water?

4. Is it okay if I have two different size verms in the same jar? The substrate/vermiculite mixture has "medium" grade verm. and the verm I bought to place on top to guard against contams is "fine" grade.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

#3192588 - 09/28/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well if you're doing jars just put the substrate in a bowl, add water to target moisture (enough water so when you squeeze a handful of substrate in your fist a little water drips out), fill the jars one inch from the top, add the vermiculite layer and sterilize as usual.

Having another grade of vermiculite wouldn't matter I don't think, but I've only had experience with regular vermiculite.

--------------------

Meow.

Edited by MycoCat (09/28/04 06:00 PM)

Offlinediseasedfetus
I Love You!

Loc: Canada?
    #3192597 - 09/28/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My grandpa's syringe was pretty much clear, except for a couple lil specs you could see, innocculated 12 jars and all are colonzing good. :smile:

--------------------
World of shit in which a sandwich would be what was concerning your fantasic ideals, fruitalicious fuckwad. I am a racoon.

Offlineblinky2
journeyman
Re: 2 Quick Questions [Re: diseasedfetus]
    #3192610 - 09/28/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

where did you get this pre mixed substarte by cahnce?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3192626 - 09/28/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

#1 shake that syringe and you just may see some spores :wink:
#3 water can go almost halfway up the jars or a little less. I'd steam/boil for 2hrs.
#4 you got it the only place you want any fine verm is as the top dry layer and it works great for that!
#5 do not use fine verm for double ending It doesn't breathe well at all. GL

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: 2 Quick Questions [Re: hyphae]
    #3192643 - 09/28/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If you have more questions, MoneyAddyct, you should post them.

I'm getting confused with all the editing (you have two number three's now by the way).

Good luck with your grow.

--------------------

Meow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates