Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
morning glory seeds
    #3178404 - 09/25/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

my g/f told me that you can not just walk in to a home depot and buy morning glory seeds, and take em and trip off of them, i was told they make the seeds so it does not have lsa in it. is this true?
also she said that a morning glory will stop producing lsa seeds after about 3 generations or so. for example, i have an active plant, make a baby from that, and then make a baby from the baby m.g. it would no longer be an active producer of LSA seeds. is this true?
i figured most garden places wouldnt sell morning glory seeds that arent treated with something to keep people from tryin to ingest them.
:tongue2: :tongue2: :syringe: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: morning glory seeds [Re: kontron]
    #3178700 - 09/25/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Never heard of the 3 generation thing. It probably is true that seeds from home depot won't have as much of an effect as ones purchased from say an entho-vendor online. And yeah, usually at gardening stores morning glory seeds have a ton of pesticide/whatever on them. try hawaiian baby woodrose seeds instead.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3178782 - 09/25/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thats what i read. i want something i can mix into my mesc tea. i was thinking what if i made a mesc shot, and let the shroom seep during the final boil down or a bit of lsa stuff... cooking my pedro right now... YAY! :3rd_eye:

OfflineJordash
Stranger
    #3178865 - 09/25/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Doesn't seem true at all.

Why would seed vendors go to the time consuming and costly procedure of trying to reduce the LSA alkaloids in MG seeds?

Pesticides/poisons are sprayed on the seeds though, however it is required by law to stat on the packaging if this is the case, and a lot of places sell 'organic' MG seeds anyway.

And the 3 generation thing, pure BS, unless you deliberately pollinated and breeded them with ones that had a low alkaloid content, and then kept inbreeding to try and lower the alkaloid content it is impossible.

The LSA is to keep animals from eating the seeds, why would a plant just suddenly lower it's defenses for no disernable reason?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: morning glory seeds [Re: Jordash]
    #3178876 - 09/25/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't think garden stores deliberately tried to make them less potent. I think that entho providers DO try to keep the more potent, least pesticide covered seeds.

I just say this because I know a number of people who have tried 300+ seeds from garden stores and felt absolutely nothing.

Maybe the pesticides took over and now the MG can conserve energy by not creating LSA :smile: j/k, of course

Offlineshallow
    #3178928 - 09/25/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It'd proably be hard to find MGS this time of year. I tried several big name retailers (Lowes, Walmart, Menards and several flower shops) all of them told me to come back next spring.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: shallow]
    #3178937 - 09/25/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yeah cali isnt a problem getting ahold of anything. year round sun and warm temps, so year round plants.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3178946 - 09/25/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The first (and only) time I did MG there were tons of seeds in stores, that was last january, in 3 feet of snow, haha. I remember because I puked a bright yellow that was very noticable in snow. I did get some cool effects, the lake looked crazy. Very cartoon like. Some waves seemed to move strangely or stay in place.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
    #3179002 - 09/25/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

dont eat the yellow snow. :projectile:

Offlineshallow
    #3179089 - 09/25/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Are they worth doing? I know how some of those legel highs can be.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3179094 - 09/25/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you guys please dont eat too much morning glory seeds.

i once took 700 in a coffee grinded powder form, in water. i had 106 degree body temp, bad sweating, brief loss of consciesness. when i started sweating my non tripping freind gave me a thermometer, and took my temp, if he didnt pack me in snow i may have died.

i had a good trip when i came off the peak, nice visuals in the dark.

i have a constant reminder to not take too many seeds, theres a sweat stain on my couch where i was sitting, its in the shape of my body sort of.

please dont post saying how stupid i was for taking too many, im pretty sure i know, just dont eat that many and mgs are pretty cool.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3182275 - 09/26/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

700 seeds!?
Sweet Jesus man!
If people are thinking of doing Morning Glory Seeds, 700 is far, far too many.

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: keepontruckin]
    #3183008 - 09/26/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just buy some seeds from IAS. They are cheap as hell man. I got like 1500 for around $8. You can get them year round and they show up in 3 days and they aren't coated with any crap. Not shillin for IAS...just my 2 cents
psychoslut...700...wow...I took 200 and tripped as hard as I ever want to...can only imagine the shit you saw =)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: zombie_biscuit]
    #3183405 - 09/26/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

it was fucked up, i felt my brain shuting down or somthing, i cant explain it, it felt like i had to will myself to stay alive. my body temp was so high my brain couldnt handle it or somthing. i was jenuinely scared for my life, and it wasnt that i was trippin so hard i thought i might die. i had very bad physical problems going on.
it sucked pretty bad.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3188476 - 09/27/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that musta sucked...nice corn snake BTW  (cause its on guns :smile:)

i personally wouldnt mix it with mesc tea.  be kinda pointless imo.  all i can see it adding is a cool body feeling and maybe more nausea.

the only differences really between vendors (more correctly, growers) is the species/variety, fungicides and other killicides.  i really really doubt that online vendors slelectivly breed for potency with morning glories.  they jsut arnt the type of thing that would be tried with i dont think.  be far better to do with a smaller dose species like rivea and woodrose.  also extractions are so much easier/faster and cheaper.

i only see the differences between brands as pesticides and seed counts.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: kadakuda]
    #3189016 - 09/27/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just buy HBW seeds and do 6-12

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3191071 - 09/28/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
Just buy HBW seeds and do 6-12

HBWR seeds are more potent, but produce an almost entirely different experience. I like morning glory seeds a lot more than HBWR in many ways. You could use them to make it where you have to take less morning glories. The T. corymbosa seeds produce an experience closer to that of the morning glory than the HBWR seeds do. I am not knocking the HBWR seeds, but I find that the morning glory's trip is more like LSD and is more visual than that of the HBWR. Also alcohol will kick LSA in faster and potentiate the experience kind of like a MAOI does for fungus/DMT. I have eaten 700 seeds and doses exceeding that, but I used to eat them rather than doing a cold water/alcohol extraction and would throw them up. If you use store bought seeds wash them off while they are still whole with a bottle (the smaller one) of some rubbing alcohol. (wash off those fungicide oils) Although you would be better off getting them from a vendor or your very own vine which is extremely beautiful by the way. Oh yeah make a drinkable extraction, eating 20 or so grams of seed isn't fun going down or up. Tell your girlfriend not to believe everything that she hears.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3192052 - 09/28/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think i will get the seeds from a vendor. maybe i will get both morning glory, and hbrw. i want to grow a ton of ethno plants. morning glories was one of them

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3192157 - 09/28/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

if ya want my 2 cents, dotn grow them. they are beautifull but they are a really bad weed. at least keep it in pots and watch any parts of the plant that come in contact with the ground. if it were me id grow rivea instead. little less of a pest and very similar looking, at least the foliage. if you do grow just watch it closely...only takes a couple days before its started roots in the ground, and that is a very scary thing for other plants.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: morning glory seeds [Re: kadakuda]
    #3192331 - 09/28/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Get them going on a fence and just go out and sort of sculpt your plants. Weave them into cool arches and such. If you control were it grows as far as keeping it off of other plants, it won't be an issue. The other guys are more potent though. As far as I understand, unless you live in a place that doesn't get cold during the winter, it isn't very fruitfull to grow HBWR.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures