Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Yin Yang and Balance * 1
    #3191819 - 09/28/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking about balance and power struggles earlier specific to male and female energy. Achieving and maintaining mental and emotional balance is a goal of many spiritulist here so I thought to post this.

Male energy gives and female energy recieves, symbolically speaking, yin yang.

I was thinking about how when they get out of balance male giving energy can turn into withholding or forcefull agreession.

When feminine energy becomes imbalanced it can turn into passive rejection or neediness.

These are aspects found in BOTH the male and female human beings and have nothing to do with physical gender. The ability to give and recieve being in balance is difficult enough, let alone keeping each end in its own balance.

Related to personal power struggles in life, if you find yourself in one, consider where balance can be restored and where you may be out of balance and are over or under compensating.

It actually came up from an off board convo about why some men feel intimidated by empowered women.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/29/04 07:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: gettinjiggywithit] * 1
    #3192216 - 09/28/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sometimes this balances getts wierd, I have a really masculine personallity, but at times I might feel that feminine aspact in myself aswell, its wierd, but I try to enjoy it.......especially when doing something with a bunch of girls  :tongue:

Anonymous

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3192534 - 09/28/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking about how when they get out of balance male giving energy can turn into withholding or forcefull agreession.

When feminine energy becomes imbalanced it can turn into passive rejection or neediness.

I don't understand what you mean here. Can you give examples?

It actually came up from an off board convo about why some men feel intimidated by empowered women.

And why is that? Also: do women feel intimidated by empowered men?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3192840 - 09/28/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this is a good line of exploration.
especially good since you don't need to be overly accurate or scientific to point at the direction intended, and since both aspects male and female are in each sex in many many ways.
AND it is inherently valuable mostly since it plays up our prejudices while expanding our appreciation.

I'm eager to put this whole thing in perspective; But that is a combination of the male energy emerging and the female part trying to keep house.
so I will sit back and enjoy
observations on this issue never cease to amaze and illuminate.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: ] * 1
    #3193150 - 09/28/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well Max,

Passive rejection would be not feeling worthy to accept something, be it a gift, praise, recognition, or consolation, things like that.

My grandmothers tend to have a difficult time recieivng gifts and recognition and the elder men in my family have a difficult time recieving consolation or help ie; like men who don't ask for directions.

You know what neediness is, men tend to say women are too emotional needy for example. and sometimes women say men are too needy of ego stroking.

Witholding would be not being able to give of yourself in some aspect or having difficulty being vulnerable.

You know what being forcefully aggressive is. When out of balance, offering to give turns into forcing or agressiveness.

Of course, these aspects of imbalance can be seen in either sex and this isn't about genralising men and women, rather looking at the aspects of the energy inherent in both and restoring a healthy balance.

Being balanced means being able to give of yourself graciously and respectfully and being able to recieve what others offer to give you graciously and respectfully.

Well, I hope that adds to understanding the original post.

I don't know why some men feel intimated by empowered women. My dad hates them, a brother of mine keeps hooking up with mentally and emotionally strong females and they clash like the titans. my dad also has not integrated his femine aspects.

He doesn't cry nor would he accept condolences if he did and he doesn't ask for directions, he knows everything (in his mind)

My mom has a difficult time accepting gifts and praise, yet she is very assertive.

You asked if some women feel intimidated by empowered men? they are use to it. LOL This would have to go in reverse, do some women feel uncomfortable with men in touch with their feminine aspects? I know they do because they were raised to think men are suppose to be tough and not cry yada yada.

This is all BS and unhealthy for the either sex to be in energetic imbalance just because they are physically male or female. menatlly and emotionally we are both in the giving and reciving sense. generally we have been raised to cut ourselves off from integrating both aspects.

Boys are told not to cry and to be tough and do it themselves and girls are rushed to be coddled and are ussually offered more help as if they can't do things by themselves.

Okay, do you have a better understanding of what we are working with here and how you can use this to raise awareness of become a well balanced integrated being?

You come accross pretty balanced white russian and so do you Max.

That was funny what you said about being eager to jump to it and wanting to play a passive role too. LOL

I get the feeling you can add to this and take it in some directions. I need some inspiration or direction to take this further having set a base to build upon.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Anonymous

#3193229 - 09/28/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK, that explains much. Here's how I see it. Men and women should accept their role as male or female and not try to balance half and half, or even close to that. When it comes to yin and yang, you aren't the whole circle. You're either yin or yang with the tiny bit of yang or yin mixed in. Therefore I think proper balance of male and female within oneself is something like 90% your own gender, and 10% of the other gender. Any more or less of either would be imbalance, because our race is bi-gendered for this particular balance. If you're incorporating 100% of your own gender's energy, you simply won't be able to relate to the other gender. If we were all hermaphrodites and incorporated both energies equally, then you would need to incorporate 50/50 balance.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: ]
    #3193246 - 09/28/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

its this all cultural?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3193652 - 09/28/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

WOW!

I wasn't talking about fullfiling gender roles. That is almost another topic. One that could get really sticky in this day and age too.

I think realising yourself as the circle is more important then what percentage of which energy encompasses which physical form or what role you play.

I want to swing this back to power struggles that result from imbalances. This is more about being a whole individual that utilising both aspects in balance. This was about recognising when we are thrown off balance when we see ourselves becoming forcefully aggressive, emotionally needy, passive and witholding of giving love, unable to accept love, help or a sense of worth.

Max,

I am interested that you said men and women should accept their roles and not try to be in yin/yang balance. Now it's my turn to say that I don't understand what you meant by that?

Your answer may take us somewhere interesting.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3193655 - 09/28/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe an 80/20 male/female ratio would balance just fine with an 80/20 female/male ratio? I also wonder if love would eventually take most imbalanced ratios and naturally offer some level of "correction."

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: Viaggio]
    #3193753 - 09/28/04 11:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

viaggio said:
I also wonder if love would eventually take most imbalanced ratios and naturally offer some level of "correction."

Thats an interesting question and there may be something to it. When I met my husband, we each had the perfect balance on our own and together it was perfection and we were taken into hieghts of love from first sight like you can't imagine. I can't say which came first as it seemed to fall together all at once.

We were both imbalanced in the relationships we came out of before meeting.

When we had our daughter and I quit working, we feel into the roles and we fell out of balance and minor power struggles started to rear their heads and now I am working at regaining balance. I was thinking about this an hour ago and then you brought up the idea that love may correct imbalances.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I want to think some more on this as it seems healthy self love is the the corrective love.

I personally think the stereo typical roles puts to much pressure on an individual which throws the inner balance off. He's concerned if he gets to soft, he will loose his edge in bussiness and I'm concerned that if I allow myself to pursue what fullfills me (being assertive, taking care of the self before others) I won't be the doting mother house wife fullfilling that role that I feel expected too.

Maybe expectations come into play here.

I know most readers here arn't married with children in the sterotypical roles and can't actually relate to this dynamic. Maybe it's something to take note of before you get married and have children.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3193821 - 09/28/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I was thinking about balance and power struggles earlier specific to male and female energy. Achieving and maintaining mental and emotional balance is a goal of many spiritulist here so I thought to post this.

Male energy gives and female energy recieves, symbolically speaking, yin yang.

I am actually a male in disguise.  :grin:

I give, or emit, energy.  I am one of those who goes through life not noticing anything, but my energy affects everyone around me.  Cats shrink back when I pass by.  I win most of my stuff in court.  I can get almost anything I want. 

Quote:

This is true in my current relationship.

Quote:

I am never needy.  I may withdraw if I am hurt, but I don't reject, nor do I become needy.  I think you might call it withdrawing to a position of prideful rejection.  I am still responsive, but fuck you, I don't "need" you.

Quote:

I am a clueless type, so I am not the "general rule." 

I don't feel like I have run into many men who are intimidated by me.  I don't feel like men treat me as if they are intimidated.  I have run into a few assholes, and I imagine that they beat their wives, but for the most part, in my line of work, I have been treated equally. 

But again, I'm just clueless.  If someone was treating me in a manner that indicated that he felt intimidated by me, I probably wouldn't notice it.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

#3193906 - 09/29/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wasn't talking about fulfilling gender roles either. I was talking about male/female thinking/energy ratios. Gender roles come about from gender energy. There's no separating the two. If you're a male you'll naturally exhibit mostly male energy; if you're female you'll naturally exhibit mostly female energy. And the 'roles' simply exist because of the energy focus.

I am interested that you said men and women should accept their roles and not try to be in yin/yang balance. Now it's my turn to say that I don't understand what you meant by that?

Male and female together create the yin-yang whole. If you identify yourself as male or female you can't possibly be both. You're only one half of the circle. If you have a 50/50 balance of male/female aspects, you're either a hermaphrodite, gay/bisexual, or you've got gender identification issues. If you identify yourself as a male or female, your 'balance' only consists of your half of the whole. But remember, either half of the yin-yang also contains a small portion of the other, which is why I said you should have a 90-10 ratio to stay balanced (or 80-20 as mentioned above, somewhere around there).

'Gender roles' come into existence because they directly result from the ratio of male-female thinking. As above, so below. If you're a female you have the female anatomy for a reason. Males have their anatomy for a reason. They each have certain levels of hormones and right/left brain dominance for a purpose. Male and female exist to complete a whole. When you try to have an equal balance between the two within yourself, you're attempting to be both genders, which is okay if you're not concerned with the physical aspect of life. But physical reflects the mental/spiritual and vice-versa. As long as you have a male/female body, why try to be the other?

Offlinemethikist
Mushroom Pirate.

Loc: PNW
    #3194347 - 09/29/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think we're all confused as hell about our own selves. It's not because we are dumb, I think in a lot of cases it stems from insecurity and our isolated little capsule lives imposed on us by North American society which drives us toward false-wants like "self improvement" and those really neat Lu Lu Lemon pants, or those super fashionable Lui Baton purses.

A logical outcome in a society based on profit and image.

We are the whore, living in decline.

best to grab onto someone and move to the hills. Might want to burn your television while you are at it.

--------------------
Oh cmon, I'm a fun guy.

Edited by methikist (09/29/04 01:41 AM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: methikist]
    #3195427 - 09/29/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

methikist said:
I think we're all confused as hell about our own selves.

Thats why I think we are all here talking, to understand ourselves through others and so we don't feel isolated in a self contained capsule.

Wouldn't running off to the mountains be a form of self isolation?

You did bring up another form of imbalance as you mentioned how outter material values distract us from inner spirtitual values. When you can start to tune into yourself and reflect on what you were thinking and feeling and connect it to "outer" events you can begin to bridge the inner reality with the outter reflection and work at restoring equilibrium there.

The more you are out there creating events and interacting with others, the more you have to see what is going on inside of yourself with. You can even start putting things to the test as in when, you shift on the inside, reality also appears to shift in resonance.

Red, I wish you would jump in with what you have on this topic.

I was really just pointing out the inherent energies of giving and recieiving love contained within the One self, and how when the giving part goes off balance, it becomes forceful and aggressive or withholding and how when the receiiving part goes off balance it puts up blocks or over compensates by giving to much to others and not the self because the blocks (beleifs about being undeserving or unworthy) don't allow you to give to yourself or recieve from others.

Power struggles ensue within because of this type of imbalance to give and recieve and then they manifests themselves in our relationships.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
    #3195575 - 09/29/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I always thought it'd be nice for people to have a male/female balance so they may deal with all problems and situations properly and from more than one perspective in order for thebest possible solution for themselves and others.If your a male or female thinking its wrong to be the other at the same time,imho,i feel like it would be wise to evalulate yourself as far as your mind frame and what has inspired you to be so onesided with your thinking.You don't need to have both to have good relationships,butit certainly helps yourself,and ifyou wanted to help anyone,its good to have that balance so you may have a more fufilled experience in life,and with that experience,you may pass it along.BTW jiggy,i love your thoughts on this idea,and to the females here,i like hearing empowered statments and feelings.I don't get that kind of experience around where i live.Thank You. :smile:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: tnecseda]
    #3197120 - 09/29/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

gender empowerment and associating learned behaviors and attitudes to gender makes me sick. its like saying differnt race's have differnt inhernt energies.

edit: learned behaviors like giving, recieving, neediness, blah blah blah. if i want to be a whiney little bitch i don't need poeple ticking of "too much female energy" in thier head, maybe thats just how i am. and if i want to dominate and control i don't need poeple telling me i'm too male.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3197165 - 09/29/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah these are observations, mere symbols of the true experience.

But then again, what isn't?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3197196 - 09/29/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed!

this is about genders having the same inherent energies and putting them into balance and in the understanding if applied to bring balance to all, the assotiations will only be relevant to all human beings. Thats what this is about, bridging the gaps and unifying them into one.

frog, how you commented on the witholding the self as being a pride issue, I was thinking on that one too. At first, on the surface, it looks as if one begins to withold their thoughts and feelings from another because they value them and feel they are being abused, disrespected, un appreciated ect. Thats where the self pride kicks in and begins to withold the "goods".

Then I went deeper into the power struggle going on within the person. It would seem that if one GIVES to themselves, enough consideration, gentle care, respect and appreciation, then they will always be able to give to others easily as they replenish themselves easily.

If they arn't giving this to themselves and or allowing themselves to recieve it, then they will probably be feeling a lack of this "power" self love and may be witholding in an effort to conserve what little they feel they have.

it comes out in some relationship as a witholding power struggle.

See how I am seeing all of this.

It's about giving and receiving truekimbo2, not men and women, to keep focus.

In some spiritual schools of thought, the male energy (not body) is the giving, inserting one and the female energy (not body) is the open recieving one.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: deff]
    #3197210 - 09/29/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so then its not so much that black poeple are stupid (something i hear quite alot) its just that the true experiance can only be explained by saying black poeple are stupid.

or more on topic, males like to dominate is just a way of talking about the way that males (a definte physical characteristic) are emotionally set up.... in an ideal world i guess? since like its noted poeple don't have just "male or just "female" energy.

or maybe its that mental characteristics cann't be coupled with physical characteristics without making gross generalizations that confuse things. (if you say that a specific mental quality is male or female, it also builds the reverse association that a male or female is automatically associated with the characteristic, at least in my opinion).

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3197234 - 09/29/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

No, female and male are used here as qualitative descriptors of a non-gender related issue. Which is to say, they are merely symbols representing behavioural 'energy'.

It's just like when referring to the female and male ends of an electrical cord. Sure there's obvious reference to anatomy, just as this use of 'male' and 'female' is a reference to the act of sex (giving/recieving). That's what makes them such effective symbols though, as their common definition is easily applied to this :smile:

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#3197288 - 09/29/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

okay you beat me :P i still don't like that (mis)use of the english language though.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3197289 - 09/29/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, this post came from an intention to raise awareness and discussion about balancing yin yang energy, specifically giving and recieving. Yin is considered a passive feminine energy and yang an active masculine energy.

If gender asscociations trip you up, or upset you, or create a block from understanding the essense of the discussion then we can just as easily use the words YIN and YANG, leaving feminine and masculine out of it.

It doesn't matter to me. I just wanted to delve into the nature of imabalance between the two energies and how inner imabalance turns into inner power struggles and then becomes externalized in our relationships with others, even same sex, friendly or familiar ones.

I'm glad you brought those feelings up because it gave me reason to hone in better on the subject matter.

I'll change the post header to for truekimbo2 :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#3197305 - 09/29/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hehehehe, its impossible to get frustrated with you jiggy, too nice.

gender associations mess me up from too much thinking about them while tripping :frown:  i prefer to keep things as... gender free as possible when talking about the mind (except for the physical differnences in brain processing of course).

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3197370 - 09/29/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

I'm thinking to myself, I can't get into a power struggle over semantics in a post about balancing out the self to keep from getting into power struggles. LOL

So , I thought, I must passively recieve what you are saying and then actively give back in responce keeping balance with it all.

WOW,

Now if I could just do that all of the time in life. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3200183 - 09/30/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Wouldn't asserting control over your emotions to have them resemble passive, in turn, not be passive behaviour?

I kid. :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3200947 - 09/30/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Lets think and talk about it? Hmmmmm in my case, when I realised truekimbo was bothered by something, I decided to try out the theory and become openly receptive to what true was saying ( not put up a defensive block) this would be recieving in a healthy way. And then I acted to insert a responce to address trues concerns, in a non forceful way and in a non witholding way as in "I won't budge" to please you.

To me it felt like opening the channels of giving and recieving to maintain a healthy flow of balanced energy. Nothing felt forced or controlled. The flow was smooth and nice and I am going to remember this in life becaise I liked it.

What are you seeing or saying? I'm talking about getting down to flow of energy and openning the channels for balanced in and out movement.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3200973 - 09/30/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was joshin you about your last reply, the part that said "So , I thought, I must passively recieve what you are saying".

I was just saying, that trying to be passive, is in turn not really being passive. Passive is leting things happen/observing things without any mental control or action. So the action of trying to passively recieve is in turn, not really that passive. But then this brings about the question of what passively allowing yourself to act non-passively is considered?

I'm just tired and playing with words for my own enjoyment. There really was no point.

I know what you're actually saying though :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3201001 - 09/30/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Semantics again. LOL What I meant was that I paused to keep myself from throwing up a defensive block, even though true was addressing max, I made gender comments in this thread too.

Again there was no force applied, just heightened awareness of how I was allowing energy to move.

We are in control of being aware of that. This has been great for me to delve into this and make it applicable for myself. It seems so simple to me now. I just never took the time to really think about it in an applicable way.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3201085 - 09/30/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I knew what you meant the whole time >:)

I was just hitting keys and something happened...

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3203183 - 10/01/04 07:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Male and Female Energy and Balance [Re: Gomp]
    #3203469 - 10/01/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Neat link gomp, thanks for sharing it!  :cool:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order