Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Tripping in State Parks
    #3191540 - 09/28/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Not many outdoors places my friends and I can go to trip here... We just have a couple small state parks. I'm thinking of going to one on a Monday sometime that is basically a forest/field area surrounding a lake with a couple trails going around it. We'll all be eating eigths and I really don't want to deal with anyone... Do people generally stay to themselves when you're tripping as long as you're not making an ass of yourself or otherwise drawing attention? I just want to ensure we're left alone. I know varies from park to park, but assuming it's a small state park on a Monday... What do you think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: Ayrios]
    #3191565 - 09/28/04 03:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

youll be left alone if you keep to yourselves and dont start yelling and breaking shit..... all types of people go to state parks.... you do have a right to be there as long as you arent causing a disturbance

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3191625 - 09/28/04 03:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

genius idea to trip at a state park.

Offlinespread8out
rescue toaster

Loc: Tennessee
    #3191675 - 09/28/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i'm sure you'll have a good time, just find a spot a bit off the trails. the rangers aren't gonna bother you. i'd play it safe and not take any smoke out there, not even cigs. have fun!

Edited by spread8out (09/28/04 03:42 PM)

Invisibleidiotek

Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: spread8out]
    #3191686 - 09/28/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

my mom lives in a state park, and before i moved out to go to university I lived there as well.  from my experience, they're very chill places where - if you go off the trails, or on some very secluded ones - it wouldn't be difficult to smoke some weed at all.

just follow the usual weed smoking rules.. make sure nobody's around, if you're paranoid take some Clear Eyes, try not to carry more than you plan on smoking.. roll a joint or something so you don't have to carry any kind of paraphernalia or however you spell it.

otherwise.. you should have a lot of fun.. :smile:

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3191836 - 09/28/04 04:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the responses. I'm somewhat agoraphobic/xenophobic so I needed the reassurance :P We won't be risking any form of smoking.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3191843 - 09/28/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
genius idea to trip at a state park.

Heh, I know it's not an original idea by any means. I've just always tripped indoors in the past in 100% secure settings and I didn't want to take any risks.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3191874 - 09/28/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If you're out there on a weekday out on the nature trials I doubt you'll run into anyone. My friends and I do it all the time. If we do see someone, it's usually an elderly person taking a stroll through the woods. Just nod your head as he or she passes and go along your way. Other then that you should have the park all to yourselves.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: djd586]
    #3192730 - 09/28/04 08:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just nod your head as he or she passes. 

haha this is random but i think thats funny...the ol' park nod.  Only in a park is it expected that you give a nod to a complete stranger. while high usually :wink:

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: Boom]
    #3192817 - 09/28/04 08:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I tripped at a park about 2 months ago and it was awesome. It was a weekday and it was mid afternoon - late afternoon. Saw lots of people come to eat lunch at the park in front of the lake, and a couple people riding horses. No one seemed to want to have their privacy interrupted, so they won't mess with you if you show them the same respect. My friend wigged out but I was completely relaxed and climbed trees, tripping and enjoying myself. smoke was reserved for in the car with tinted windows, or in the woods.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: NariusFractal]
    #5745997 - 06/13/06 04:36 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Tripping in state parks is amazing especially on the trails. The nod thing works really well but sometimes if you stop to look someone will say something to you, Just stay cool they're just people and you know something they don't know (hahahahaha, that means you have the upper hand). I even figured out one time that another group of hikers were tripping as well haha made some great friends that day(i don't recommend starting to talk to strangers unless they approach you first with some mindless jibberjabber about purple donkeys or whatever) Jsut have fun and nod LOL

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlineswancky2
Stranger
Re: Tripping in State Parks *DELETED* [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #5747632 - 06/14/06 12:15 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by swancky2

Reason for deletion: byebye!

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: swancky2]
    #5747818 - 06/14/06 01:08 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I had some mushrooms with a couple of first time friends a few years back and it turned out to be a surprisingly good experience.  We didn't carry anything and weren't overtly obvious...just lots of walking, hiking, and some chit chat here and there.  It was very inward, as was appropriate to the semi-public nature of the event, and it worked out wonderfully as a result. 

On the other hand, I have also taken mushrooms in an arboretum, which was a large area of public land as well, but surrounded by city.  It was a little odd to be there for 5 or 6 hours and I'll relate to you one of the most surreal moments of my life:

While out walking, hiking up and down and playing some hacky sack along the trails, my friend and I, just slightly past peak about an hour or so removed, decided to sit down and catch our breath away from the more traversed trails.  He was sitting about 10 feet up from me, I slightly off the path, staring into the dense foliage and enjoying the visuals.  Just then, we both became aware that someone was watching us.  At the top of the hill, there was a woman in blue shorts, a yellow polo, holding a young yellow lab or golden retriever on a lead.  She said hello, as it was obvious she had been standing there for 5 or so minutes while we relaxed.  I turned to her, made eye contact so as to establish some presence and said hello.  She responded with a seasoned "hell-lo".  The dog ran up to play, sniffed at me and my backpack (I joked to the woman that he could smell the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I'd had earlier, which was true).  She called the dog away and walked on down the trail.

Needless to say, we mosied on pretty quickly.  Here's the trip though, besides that.  Later in the week I went back with my girlfriend.  No funny business this time, just a sober hike.  We too took to a log to rest at one point, and this dude, a man, dressed in identical blue shorts and yellow polo, with another dog of the same breed crossed our path and we had much the same encounter.  :eek: Very very strange.

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Tripping in State Parks [Re: toastandjam]
    #5749073 - 06/14/06 11:52 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

lmao thats trippy.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience