Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Uncomfortable
    #3188611 - 09/27/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For some reason, ever since my first bad trip, every trip I have makes me physically uncomfortable, at least for the come up. It makes it really hard to sit down, and I usually just end up walking for awhile.

Even when I'm just expecting a happy trip, this feeling still comes to me... and it's making tripping not nearly as fun as it used to. I used to drop 4 grams without even thinking about it, now I can barely tolerate anything more than an eighth...

I'd like some answers, cause I so badly want to trip like I used to.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshallow
Re: Uncomfortable [Re: MeThoD]
    #3188759 - 09/27/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I dont have an answer but I know how it is. For the first hour or so mush for me is not very plesant and I dont know why. After that though its  :thumbup: all the way. Its not exactly a bad trip but man it sucks. Funny thing is LSD is  :thumbup: all the way.

EDIT: Whoops, you said physically sick, I was speaking mentally. I could eat a .5 ounce and drink a case of beer and not feel physicaly bad.

Edited by shallow (09/27/04 09:39 PM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3191084 - 09/28/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

From my experience, this is a typical reaction after someone's first bad experience with shrooms. There are two modes of actions you may want to consider to correct the problem. You could just stop shrooming for a long extending period of time, like many months to a few years. Eventually you'll feel ready again to venture as high as 4 grams. Or you could start out tripping on lower dosages and work your way back up to higher doasages. Start with 1.5 - 2 grams and for your next 2 or 3 trips go no higher. Then move up to 3 grams and stay there for 2 or 3 trips. Then move up to an 1/8. Don't go higher then that for a few trips. By this time you should feel prepared to venture onto higher dosages again.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3191413 - 09/28/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It probibly takes time for some to recover from bad trips. I once had a horrible trip on HBWR seeds and it made any other trips seem scarry. I started at the bottom with small doses and eventually it felt normal again.

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#3192921 - 09/28/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

one of my trips was with some one i'm not such good friends with who is really mentally unstable sometimes and when we trippedon 1/8 it was terrible.he freaks out and acts really crazy toward me and his other friend.since that trip was pretty intense cause the shrooms were really good, i didn't trip for another 2 or 3 months, i had the shrooms but i got really nervous because of all the bad vibes i got from that crazy asshole :whack:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlineshallow
Re: Uncomfortable [Re: telamahooka]
    #3196553 - 09/29/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ive got a friend like that too that I wont give any psychadelics. Hes just to unstable from what Ive seen of and I really dont want to hurt him no matter how much he begs.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3197136 - 09/29/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

We've all got at least one friend that wigs out on psychadelics and ruins other's trips. It sucks..anyway, that's getting off your original question. There have been many threads on making the come up more comfortable, like fasting for at least 6 hours before ingestion. Also try preparing the mushrooms in other ways, such as making tea or hot chocolate...You'll want to crush up the shrooms or grind them in a coffee grinder...put them in a mug and pour hot water in the cup...stir for a good 5-10 minutes...you can either strain the crushed mushies out or not, it's up to you..The vast majority of psilocybin will now be in the liquid, not the shrooms, so you won't lose anything by straining it..but after stirring, either drop a tea bag in the water or some hot chocolate mix and enjoy! These methods work for me every time, and I know that exact uncomfortable stomach feeling you are experiencing..it really has the ability to take away from the overall fun of a trip. Hopefully this works for you too.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Uncomfortable [Re: Hendostan]
    #3197964 - 09/29/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
We've all got at least one friend that wigs out on psychadelics and ruins other's trips. It sucks..anyway, that's getting off your original question. There have been many threads on making the come up more comfortable, like fasting for at least 6 hours before ingestion. Also try preparing the mushrooms in other ways, such as making tea or hot chocolate...You'll want to crush up the shrooms or grind them in a coffee grinder...put them in a mug and pour hot water in the cup...stir for a good 5-10 minutes...you can either strain the crushed mushies out or not, it's up to you..The vast majority of psilocybin will now be in the liquid, not the shrooms, so you won't lose anything by straining it..but after stirring, either drop a tea bag in the water or some hot chocolate mix and enjoy! These methods work for me every time, and I know that exact uncomfortable stomach feeling you are experiencing..it really has the ability to take away from the overall fun of a trip. Hopefully this works for you too.

I'll never do tea again... my first bad trip was 5 grams in tea... the comeup is way too fast and strong...

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3197977 - 09/29/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I feel recovered from this bad trip, it was quite a while ago. Even when I'm looking forward to a trip, I still feel the need to move when I'm tripping.

Next time I shroom, which will be in a long long time, I'll try fasting.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3211088 - 10/03/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I might have figured out a solution. I've noticed that since my bad trip, everytime I felt uncomfortable was during the night, but if I was tripping during the day, the colours would be too bright and distracting for me to feel uncomfortable.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3211128 - 10/03/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you are right. You are recovered or at least learned something from your experience. I think onset is heavily dependent on set. So if you feel more comfortable with lights out, go for it.

Another thing I like to do is hippy-flip. E takes the edge off, but it's synergestic with shrooms, so go half tab +2g if you want to try. Some say eat shrooms as you come down, but I like to eat at the same time I drop. It's a completely different trip though. But it might help you rid of any apprehension about tripping again.

My 2 cents.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate