Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Adventures in the South
    #3179661 - 09/25/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Several moon cycles ago a young elven fellow by the name of Adamist was contemplating a journey of liberation - to travel with the wind. He ventured from the murky depths of Florida in a turtle van, with little more than a cooler full of ice, a handful of dollars and the will to perservere.. to attend festivals along the East Coast. One bonnaroo and several rainbow gatherings later, he contacts an alien named shroomism to join him on his quest. The parties mutually agree and make plans to head south. From the forest of Ohio to the political streets of Northern Virginia he makes his way to pick up his new accomplice in vagabondism.

The couple travel southwestbound, where they stop in Bristol, TN, to soak up some toxic chemicals from the Eastman Chemical plant, and meet up with internet shroomerite associate, Mr. Linux. A perfect gentleman he proved to be, as he led them on a tour of the local speedway, and offered them a place to rest their weary minds at his humble abode. Some friendly chat and a bowl or two later, the companions decide it is time to head south once again. They bid their farewells to the kindly eyeball who was very hospitable, and venture off, deeper into the dirty south.

Arriving in Georgia some time later, they find themselves in the presence of a man who goes simply by the label of Prisoner#1. He kindly graces the companions with travelling funds, for which the couple is sincerely appreciative. They then set off for a weekend of excitement at the Harvest Festival in LaFayette Ga.

The festival was a massive success. When they first arrive, they are accosted by fellow Shroomerite XOIIAresIIOX who proves to be the perfect addition to the travelling crew. Hippies abound, friendships are forged and blossom. Psychadelics and entheogens line the dirt pathways as Rat Dog, Leftover Salmon, Perpetual Groove, and many other fine acts provide sonic entertainment to the 20,000 hippy freaks in attendance. The family scouts yours truly, as he begins his initiation into the clan. Meanwhile, the mothership is constantly overlooking the events. All in all, words cannot describe the beauty.

several bags of mushrooms, mescaline, 2-c-t-i, 2-c-t, mdma, lsd, and massive quantities of marijuana later, the troops depart and head to a cheap local hotel to recover from the weekend of insanity. They then call old friend Prisoner to take a visit to his nearby farm, where they are given a tour of the amazing land , as well as the local village, where an artesian spring is located and a small cave explored.

By this time there are now five gypsys who are travelling together. The band congregrates at the farm and makes plans to backtrack Northeast.. to Charlotte NC, where Sound Tribe is playing, and a friendly local resident has offered their lair for rest and relaxation. They make their way to the carolinas, arriving too late to see the show. Nevertheless, they take up temporary residence with the friendly accomplice who selflessly offers them food, clothes, shelter, and good times. The backyard is magnificient Lake Norman, where this group of 5 now spends several days lounging about and enjoying life.

Soon, the group shall make their way southwest once more, to stop again at the illustrious farm of prisoner #1, to do more extensive cave exploring and havings of good times. Then they are to head to Atlanta to cause more mischief. Plans include going to Ocala Florida for Magnolia Fest next week, and then who knows where the wind will take them. Mayhaps this group will form a new psychadelic jam band. Mayhaps they will take many more drugs. Either way, a good time will be had by all. Spreading the love and eating food.

When the mission is complete, a full pictorial will be included, as will more descriptions and details that were omitted. The little side quests and adventures, the roadblocks and pitfalls, the strange people and all will be shared by the subjective participants in this wandering way of life.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Adventures in the South [Re: Shroomism]
    #3179687 - 09/25/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Damn middle class white kids always abandoning the small responsibilities they have to wander around the country living off of money which is not their own while talking about the evils of money and material things while they have no real understanding of the value of the dollar because they've never been poor or had to work for shit. 99% of all hippies are from middle to upper class homes. This is a fact.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3179702 - 09/25/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

A much more chipper Shroomism than the last few post of yours I read, glad to hear you doing so well man.  Your trip sounds like a blast, life on the road is absolutely amazing. 

:heart:

Enjoy it brother, life is for the living.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3179707 - 09/25/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like an awesome time. If you ever find yourself on the left coast, feel free to stop by.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3179730 - 09/25/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like you needed that trip to bring you out of the rut you seem to have been in. Great trip report, though! I can't wait to see the pics. :laugh:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Adventures in the South [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3179747 - 09/25/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

just what the hell do you think you are talking about paradis? I grew up poor as dirt and slaved most of my life away for the almighty dollar. I've had to work my ass off for everything I own, so don't give me that load. You haven't been in my shoes and are in no position to be making stereotypical generalizations. Living in the concrete jungle surrounded by human zombies, being a slave to a piece of fucking paper is no way for me to live.
Love, nature, and friends. That's what it's all about.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Adventures in the South [Re: Adom]
    #3179803 - 09/25/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes my attitude towards life has improved tenfold since embarking on this journey. I may be a hippy at heart... I am not, however, a pushover, or a lazy middle-class spoiled white douchebag.

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3180047 - 09/25/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I can't wait to get rid of this debt, I'm going to do the same thing for a long while. I know a few trades and can make money to get me by doing that sort of thing when I need it, I'm building a savings as I work off this student loan debt. After I'm done I'm going back packing for along ass time on the applachain trail.

I haven't been handed shit in my life either, I had it pretty good growing up but was never handed anything, I was taught young I had to work to recieve. The times I quit working and went out travelling I payed my bills ahead of time to keep a roof under my head when I would need it again. I worked hard for months to get a savings account so I could afford to travel as I wanted. Next time I won't be paying off bills, I will be leaving babylon with a back pack full of gear and maybe my own vehicle and everything else will be sold or given away, I don't need all the junk I'm collected over the years anyways.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3180466 - 09/25/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Rock on man, sounds just like what you needed!

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3180543 - 09/25/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:cool:

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #3180720 - 09/25/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thats cool you got to meet P#1, he sounds like a really awesome guy. That was well written! Be safe guys!  :heart: :heart: :heart: :sun: :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
    #3181531 - 09/26/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm so proud of you for having the courage to look the unknown in the eye.  You definitely are admirable for it.  Stay strong, stay happy and take good care of yourself.  I miss having you around but I'm glad you are happy and I think this is so good for you.  Happy trails! 

PS: I want pictures!!!  I want pictures!!!
:happyheart:

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Adventures in the South [Re: Spiffy]
    #3187110 - 09/27/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yesterday we went back to Prisoner's farm and met with 2experimental.. we all went caving in this badass massively huge underground cave.. that was fucking awesome. unfortunately everyone forgot to bring a camera. but it was awesome. experimental kindly gave us a big bag of weilees!!(sp?) and we ate them and tripped greatly on our journey back to Atlanta. next we go to floreeda.

driving through hurricanes is fun, no matter what anyone tells you.

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3187289 - 09/27/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Adamist and I abandoned the family in North Carolina and indulged in some nice liquid accompied by SoundTribe/Sector 9 at the Cats Cradle.

Being stuck in the concrete jungle with a head full of cid is like a friggin yuppie carnival disaster :wink: Feeling so completely overwhelmed by the melodicies and harmonics of the bass and snixxle-snapple-puddle babble, Adamist and I ventured into the unknown.  Bewildered by the jungle in all of its UNC madness, we crawled in car and suffocated ourselved with our insanity.  *Note to all, look for the Echo sweaters in the lot, they are the only ones on shakedown with the real L. :wink: We ended up conversing with a very nice character by the name of Toni, and he led us in the right postive direction.  I ended up giving Toni the keys to my car, and my mental stability, and he dilligently drove us to his rented brick house cabin.  We slept in his front yard submerged in the morning dew.

A very curious cat with bright eyes graced us with its mysterious presence as the sun rose to sobriety.  Chapel Hill, NC is a very chill place.

When we drove off into the interstate madness the morning after, we left dear Toni a letter of our appreciation, and 5 American dollars for his patience. :wink:

Just another great expereince to add to our magnificiant sojourns.
Thank you Bonnaroo, Rainbows, Hippy Hill, Hookahville, shroomerite gatherings, the hippie farms, Harvest, Spring Fest....Dark Star, Keller, Rat Dog, oh goodness.  The list is forever lingering into the presence of our imaginations.

Thank you P#1 and 2Experimental for your ultimate benevolance and great vibes.  P#1, thanks for looking out for us, we definitely need you around to keep us grounded.  We are a buncha sparatic illogical little hippie kids, with big hearts, smiles, blind faith, miracles, and ambition...which can lead us to trouble :wink:

Hope to see you all at MagFest!

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3187650 - 09/27/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

how weere the weilii? I was a bit worried yall were feeling sick after the tea... did it turn out to be good? how did you and Cody manage tripping ,stuck in a van !?! hope to see all yall again

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3188675 - 09/27/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hey you werent far from where i am.

OfflineoDin
    #3189927 - 09/28/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

awesome! man that sounds fun

/me sends good vibes to p#1 for being uber cool

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3190905 - 09/28/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Wow! You are making me yearn for adventure! I am so happy you all are having a wonderful time.. Keep it up. If you're ever in the intermountain west, you know you have room, board, food, goodies and lots of love here! :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3190913 - 09/28/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you from ohio, ever head southwest stop by decatur illinois, i will show ya around these parts.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (09/28/04 09:43 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3190935 - 09/28/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a fantastic experience...good for you for taking a grand adventure like.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies