Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJboog
Stranger
Newbie Questions
    #3190677 - 09/28/04 09:48 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What up shroomery folks,
looking for a lil help here. Two questions : I have searched everywhere and cannot find brownrice flour or brown rice. I live in a small town, so what substitutes can I use. I read about grain and rye, but Im using boiling water to sterilize them, I cant get my hands on a pressure cooker. So guys , what can I use? Whole wheat flour? and second I recieved my syinges, through ralphsters which was very fast by the way. Only took a week. I got the amazon strain? Any one got any comments or tips about strain? Any help would be appreciated ,
thanks.  :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Newbie Questions [Re: Jboog]
    #3190684 - 09/28/04 09:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How about Karo tech?

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
    #3190688 - 09/28/04 09:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I only just started on this last week too, and I went really slack route with pretty good results so far. Boiled the substrate in plastic tubs by microwave for 5-8 minutes a piece.. But I would say my spores came from not quite fresh mushrooms that I bought, if you've gone to the trouble of getting a viable spore syringe from a retailer, get the right equipment even if you have to wait a while to get it. If I had to do another batch without PC I would probably use the fractional sterilisation technique mentioned in the info pages, with pre sterilisation of ingrediants in oven.

BRF? do you have no health food stores? a large tesco type affair relatively nearby, I think they sell it.. I don't know what the US equivalent of tesco is er..

--------------------

OfflineJboog
Stranger
    #3190696 - 09/28/04 09:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

what is Karo tek?

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3190712 - 09/28/04 10:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You squirt small amounts of spore solution into the karo and it will grow mycelium, in which you can put directly on prepared substrate to speed up colonization times.

I don't know what else you can use, I would use BRF just because it's "the way" that almost everyone starts out. The way I found it in my area (I was having a hard time too), was I called the biggest grocery store in our town, and talked to the stock-room manager, and he suggested a health food store. I told him I didn't know of any and he gave me the names of 3 in our area. I'd suggest trying this. Call around a bit.

I can't tell you from experience about the amazon strains, but I hear a lot of good things about them. Mostly from people here at the shroomery.

If you are determined to push on without a PC or BRF you will need to use fractional sterilization as Hambo mentioned up above. This involves soaking grain for 12-24 hours, draining/etc, putting in your jars and boiling, then waiting 24 hours for the endospores that the PC would usually kill to germinate, and then boil again to kill them now that they are germinating and are susceptible.

For further detail on the processes that we have mentioned, use the search at the top of the page for the complete teks.

Good luck on your grow!

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3191294 - 09/28/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Dark rye grain flour works great as well just make sure to mix it real good dry first as it is a little on the gooey side. Amazons are kickass!!! Welcome friend!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3191325 - 09/28/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Many items(if not all) can be bought online if town is that small . Assuming you have payment methods taken care of that is good choice for obtaining missing items .

Have you considered doing grain teks verses the old cake method ?
A PC ia almost manditory IMHO , so get one as soon as you can , plan on a slightly bigger one than you "think" you need , you'll be happier you did .

Amazonian was a good choice , very "tasty" so to say  :wink:
Learn how to provide mushies with best enviro you can produce , that is my advice for now  :wink: And ask Mushroom Goddes to bless you  :wink:

"May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !"

Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation