Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
tip for all you poor bastards...
    #3190339 - 09/28/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

with a pressure cooker that uses a rubber seal.

something i just thought up, don't know if this is a good idea or not, but i was thinking, slide a little petroleum jelly or something of the sort on your sealing ring before attaching the lid to maybe make the ring last longer and go on/off easier.

haven't tried it yet, but seems like a good idea... i'm sure someone has thought of it before...

ds

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: wds]
    #3190343 - 09/28/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

maybe it would also stop it from cracking?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3190368 - 09/28/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Alot of manuals tell you to do this on a regular basis for maintaining your autoclave.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: liveby]
    #3190370 - 09/28/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ah, well, i'm glad i mentioned it then!

(goodnight)

ds

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3191278 - 09/28/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes petroleum jelly is how you care for your gaskets it's in the instructions also BTW. Another tip: never use vegetable oils on gaskets as they will distroy them over time. (FACT!)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: hyphae]
    #3191311 - 09/28/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thats odd the manual with mine said to not use petroleum jellies, or veggie oils on the gasket , but they also say to buy a new one every couple of years depending on how often pc is used . Never had problems (yet ) with it sticking or leaking .

Now the ac is use says to periodically use some special lytho based grease to maintain seal integrity of the gasket .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: tripndicular]
    #3191695 - 09/28/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

how often should we do this ?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: tripndicular]
    #3191714 - 09/28/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I got the petrojelly right from the Mirro manufactures when I ruined a couple of gaskets using veg oil. It was in the form of a written response BTW From Mirro. Not odd at all! Ya I certainly believe it's in the best interest of the company for use to not extent the life of your gaskets!!! LOL!!!!  My gaskets have lasted almost six years now and are like brand new BTW :wink: Take my advice or leave it makes no difference to me. GL guys

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: hyphae]
    #3191737 - 09/28/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

how much petroleum jelly would one use on the gasket? like just a little gob on the finger rubbed around the gasket i would imagine it would be a samll amount.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

Offlinejethro
Stranger

#3191806 - 09/28/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have used petro jelly, vegetable oil, and even motor oil (suggested by a professional mycologist) with no trouble.

Any of these will cause some deterioration, but will make your seals last longer than without.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: tip for all you poor bastards... [Re: jethro]
    #3192308 - 09/28/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No professional mycologist will recommend vegetable oil that actually knows better. Petroleum has kept mine like new (very thin coat) where as vegetable has varnish in a sense and ruined my gaskets over time. jethro you speak words of an inexperienced PC user and giving just as bad advice why? I've owned two of my gasketed Mirros for almost twenty years and have a damn good idea of whats up and I've replaced gaskets several times using vegetable oil as a conditioner before cluing in. I mean no disrespect but please don't misinform the people here that are trying to learn.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom