Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Mylar Film, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia, my love
save my cannabis plant!
    #3188923 - 09/28/04 12:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I started growing a light outside late in the season, now it has a buncha sets of leaves and I dont wanna have to kill it. Fall is coming and the temp drops will stop its growth if they havent already. What would someone with no momey do??

BsOcC

help me, and Ill send ya weilii spore prints.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: save my cannabis plant! [Re: rasjoe2112]
    #3188977 - 09/28/04 12:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

this is a delicate process that you need to take lots of time doing. take a large flower pot and prepare some good soil in it for your plant. take a shovel and dig a HUGE hole around the entire plant, i mean big. we are trying to not hurt the roots as much as possible. dig slowly around the plant, about 2.5 feet away from the stalk. it needs to be this big and you cant be a lazy pothead about it. dig 7 inch wide, 3 foot trench all the way around the plant. when this is done take your shovel and *Cut the bottom of the dirt wad you just made with all your hard ass work. now you have your pot plant in a big ball of dirt and your ready to take it home. gentley take away as much dirt as you can from around the ball, and plant the plant in the pot you set up with dirt.

that is how i'd bring the girl inside.

do not stress her out too much or she will have a sex change operation and youll be pissed.

the leaves are going to droop and sag and look all half dead for a few days as it adjusts to the indoors. give it tlc and she will make it.

i dont want the print. but thanks

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3189002 - 09/28/04 12:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
i dont want the print. but thanks

I'll take the print :smile:

just being greedy, sorry. won't happen again.

Anonymous

#3189008 - 09/28/04 12:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

IT should be flowering by now. if its not, well looks like you planted some mexi bagseed or something. anything remotely close to a North american outdoor strain would be flowering by now. probably best to let it go, its not worth diggin up this late in the ballgame.

if you're serious about growing head over to overgrow.com and learn to grow indoors. its not that risky, and you can grow some really great bud first time around with some seeds from a reputable seed vendor. give it a go i highly recommend it i am a novice grower but have grown shit that knocks people's socks off. go for it and invest a little time, energy and money!

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: save my cannabis plant! [Re: ]
    #3189043 - 09/28/04 12:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

thats the way to not be optimistic, let the man try to save his girl. anything is possible.

i say screw letting it go, bring her inside and try your best. it will not hurt anything and more than likely you could use some excersize.  :smirk: :thumbup:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineGreyStreet
reborn thinker
Loc: Alpha Centuri
    #3189519 - 09/28/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

rasjoe2112 ,

I agree with Psychoslut, and remember do whatever it takes to ensure the the plant goes through as little stress as possible. You do not want your girl do go hermi on you.

Overgrow is a good site to learn on. At first it is quite overwhelming with its sheer amount of posts, but after a while you learn how to quickly sift through the crap and sort out the worth while posts.

I know that you said that you do not have any money but if you can scrounge up around 10$ you can go to walmart and buy a four foot shop light and two fluorescent tubes. Buy 40 watt lights. This will be enough for you to atleast see some yield from your girl.

Peace

--------------------
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

GreyStreet is a fake character who posts fake information on an internet message board.
-Nothing More-

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #3189908 - 09/28/04 02:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

if salvaging her doesn't look like an option (too sketchy or too big of a root system), you can at least get a bunch of clones going. then use the leftover leaves for hash or brownies.

cannabisculture.com is also a great website dedicated to growing. check it out.

peace :smile:

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

Re: save my cannabis plant! [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3192646 - 09/28/04 08:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Shes actually in a pot, with a cow shit/potting soil mixture. I didnt plant her until August, she is not in the 'ground' she just stays outside.

I cant afford anything more than a $15-20 growing system.

Ill take pics now.
BsOcC

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

#3194747 - 09/29/04 09:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Is it worth it? I sure do think so...I love these lil babies.

BsOcC

Anonymous

#3194775 - 09/29/04 10:02 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

keep them outside as long as you can. seperate them to diff containers and deweed the pots. the more real light they get, the better. sit them in your window sill or something on days its too cold. bring them in at night and set them under a cardboard box. You can yield 7-14g off each of those if you take good care of them :smile:

OfflineGreyStreet
reborn thinker
Loc: Alpha Centuri
    #3195029 - 09/29/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

15-20 dollars can get you a couple four foot fluoros. I am telling you they will grow you some decent weed. Just hang them over the pot in a closet or whatever.

Here is a link to the fluoro section over at OG.

Hope this helps.

Peace

--------------------
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

GreyStreet is a fake character who posts fake information on an internet message board.
-Nothing More-

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: save my cannabis plant! [Re: Organic]
    #3195938 - 09/29/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

>>and deweed the pots.

I thought he wanted to keep the weed?

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

Re: save my cannabis plant! [Re: neuro]
    #3197229 - 09/29/04 09:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So Im going to get flourescents from Wal Mart right now, How long do I keep the lights pumping on these plants? How long do I keep them in the dark?

can I just start keeping em inside 24-7? The weeds are majoram, the were to disguise them outside.

Im gonna get 4 high flor lamps, and a box Im gonna line in aluminum foil. I just wanna know how long the lights need to stay on.

bsOcc

Thanks alot guys!!!!!

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3197268 - 09/29/04 09:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Don't waist your time flowering with flourescent light. They work well for maintaing mother plants, clones and even vegative growth, but if you want some dicent herb you have to go with high pressure sodium. Those plants are small enough that I would start over indoors. I'm speaking from presonal experience.

Anonymous

Re: save my cannabis plant! [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3197438 - 09/29/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah those will turn out pathetic under 40-80w of fluoro. Add some compact fluorescents if you must go indoor.

I say just flower it in your window sill receiving at least 5-6 hrs of light, the buds will be better than under flouros

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

#3197526 - 09/29/04 10:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well dammit...just bought two floros and a lamp. Is it really pointless under the 40's? Its gettin like 40-50degrees out at nite.

BsOcC

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3197616 - 09/29/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If you get some more lights or a compact fluorescent or two you could keep them under veg like that for a while with some nutes and it won't be bad, but you still need an HPS lamp for flowering. But I'd also just start over. If you won't start over, get those fluoros real close to your plants. You won't get anything spectacular in the end, but it'll be bud, and you'll have grown it yourself, and it'll be better than middle grade mids and I suspect that's more your goal; "to grow your own weed."

You'll want those lights on 24 hours a day or 20 hours a day, your choice. For flowering you'll want the HPS lamps though. I think though some people have posted some pics of fluoro grown weed only, maybe search for that. There's been many champions of the cheap man's pot. Maybe they'll even rear their heads in this thread. But i still suggest an HPS lamp for flowering even though i midly encourage you to keep growing those and using the fluoros for veg.

Anonymous

#3197617 - 09/29/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

you will get buds under flouros, maybe even big ones if you use some high P fert, but they won't pack on trichomes or potency because there will be little light stress to induce trich production. if you're in GA, you're fine outdoors. afoaf is north & nearby and has seedlings out now. if they don't have time to flower before it starts freezing he will put them in a makeshift greenhouse or window sill to finish up.

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

#3197716 - 09/29/04 11:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for all the help. Im actually just doing this for fun, I can always get my hands on fresh nuggets. I just wanna goof around. The are sitting under two 40 floros right now, and they will be for 24 hours everyday until I notice something veg happening. As soon as I notice its maturing, Ill try n switch to HPS. Theyre growin in cow shit and a lil potting soil. Black angus cow shit. That had cubes growing out of it at one time.

BSOcC

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #3197718 - 09/29/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You can use a single 2x 4' tube floros setup. For now the light can go horizontally about 1-2" over the tops. You can run them at 24/7 lighting or 16/8. Let them wet/dry cycle but dont let it get bone dry.

As they get taller bend them over with a string to promote lower growth. Once the lower growth syarrts to come out you can go a cheap flowering setup,

Put the pot in a corner with white walls or mylar. Lean the fixture over the pot at an accute angle. The plant should grow up and over to the light but tie all the branches so there 1-2" from the light.

It helps with the temps and Co2 to throw a fan blowing at the setup from a few feet away. The fan leaves can touch the bulbs and not burn as long you have a fan. This meathod exposes allot of vertical bud to close light esspecially with some training. Its been done on overgrow, i think its in the hall of clasics, and yuri-son (or is it san) did a copycat grow on grasscity.com.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Mylar Film, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden