Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Light cycles?
    #3187492 - 09/27/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

has anyone done any experimenting into the difference between having longer light cycles, and shorter ones? For example one batch on a 1 hour on, 1 hour off cycle, and having another on 12 hour on, 12 hour off cycle?

or something like that?

I got the idea from my strobe light.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Re: Light cycles? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #3187536 - 09/27/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes many people have experimented with this but you will hear varied results.

This seems to be one of those topics that will forever be debated... just like the effect of heat on psilocybin and psilocin.

After you get the basics down try different stuff and see what works best for you.

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Light cycles? [Re: ricelicker]
    #3187614 - 09/27/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I doubt that 1 on 1 off would be any better then 12 hours on 12 off. If any difference is noted I'd guess that 12/12 would be better only because its more natural. However there might not really be a difference because theyre still getting the same like. And then if you have a particularly hot light 12 hours on might be worse for heat on your chamber as opposed to 1 hour on 1 hour off.

However I have done experiments with different light amounts. I've tried about 6 hours a day for pinning and about 12 hours a day for pinning and found I had a better yeild and pinset on the 12 hour cycle. I also have used 12 hours after the pinset however I noticed they seem to grow more when the light was off. I switched to a 4-6 hour light cycle and have noticed that they seem to grow slightly longer (time wise) and get bigger and stay thicker. Also seemed to yeild better.

By no means were these experiments scientific and many varibles were involved however I do alot of casings at once and so had large batches to notice differences..I now use about 12 hours for pinset and less once they start growing. Or sometimes I'll put them more in the shadows of my closet for the 12 hours if some casings are in the pinning stage and that seems to work ok. Just enough light to make them go up is all I give them now once growing..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies