Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedbldown46
Stranger
What's the deal with spawn bags?
    #3186988 - 09/27/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK, so i'm a newbie getting prepared to grow my own, and in doing my research online, i found these spawn bags, but i really don't get what it's all about. They just look like big plastic bags, that you put some substance into, then inject the spores into that substance and nature takes over from there. Do you just inject the spores into a substrate in the bag and it takes care of the rest? Do you recommend this method for a newbie like me? I also read somewhere that you can use filter patch bags as a fruiting chamber, by putting the rice cakes in a container with a layer of wetted vermiculite on the bottom, then just sealing it inside the bag. Is it like that? the only fruiting chambers i've read of seem really complicated, but that sounds pretty easy. Thanks to everyone who reads this and helps me out!

Mad love to you all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's the deal with spawn bags? [Re: dbldown46]
    #3187010 - 09/27/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

bags are just like jars. you can get them empty or ready-filled and ready to inject. they hold more than jars, and can be used to fruit in, but you have to be sure to sterilise them well (bigger volume = more time needed) and you gotta know how you're gonna seal them during the growth period.

have a try. jars are easier first time out, but that shouldn't mean you have to do jars first.

--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals