Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL???
    #3181341 - 09/26/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

haha, well im still abit robotripping as we speak but i just got home from a great problem free night watching mr. 3000 at the theater on a 4 ounce bottle of tussin and i was browsing around and got to looking around on erowid again and found this

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml

come to find out this drug isnt so great on the brain and got to thinking about shrooms and looked for some "bad" info on them that maybe i missed like dxm but it still seems that shrooms are just too good to be true... i have also lived by the idea that the only way to OD on shrooms is basically eating your bodyweight in shrooms, or just go back to the enough of anything will kill you (like too much water, even)

regardless of what may be bad about psilocybin mushrooms i will continue to do them for the rest of my life probably, but the dxm may slow down abit for now... but my question, IS there anything bad about them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #3181843 - 09/26/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

there are no known physical side effects. but doing them too often isn't the best for your mind I guess.

quote from the mushroom FAQ:
Quote:

The mushrooms can be fun. One may feel like eating them every day. A -- not cool, B -- not good. A mental/physical tolerance builds up quite fast: usually three or four times with 7 day intervals cause diminished effect and notably less divine trip. I'd recommend visiting the spiritworld 4 to 10 times a year, for the freshness and divinity of it. Most of us know an acid- or pot-head -- a drug abuser. I call acid/ mushroomheads Eraserheads (seen the movie?), as they are often bit paranoid and manic-depressive and dullheaded. It's easy to get bad vibes off the psilos -- just do the mushrooms like you'd do alcohol -- without respect or any care. So -- remember what the foreword says, and use the consciousness of turbocharged-monkeybrain we all have. And if you only want to get your brain fucked up there are better substances for that in the world.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: stefan]
    #3182089 - 09/26/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

cool, i didnt think there would be anything, and i usually space the trips far apart, it just feels good to do so...

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3182153 - 09/26/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There is certainly the risk of triggering schizophrenia or other mental diseases early in those who have a family history of it. Also, psychedelics can bring profound changes in an individual, and these changes aren't always necessarily positive. Some people can become religious extremists as a result of tripping(like a certain Muslim Shroomerite who shall remain nameless). Some might have some of the revelations that most of us here would consider positive, but be afraid of such revelations and run from them. I have a friend who did just that. The revelations he had went against his Catholic upbringing, but rather than renounce his faith, he came to renounce mushrooms as evil. Also, overuse of psychedelics can lead to overanalyzing everything in one's life, and it can become impossible to quiet one's mind. There is also the risk of developing paranoid delusions and becoming detached from reality. Basically, most of the risks of psychedelics are risks to the mind, not the body.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3182271 - 09/26/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good post. :thumbup:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3182380 - 09/26/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For anyone with the faintest glimmer of common sense mushrooms are as safe as anything in life can be.

But you can bet that some doorknob somewhere will find a way of harming themselves with anything.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

#3182635 - 09/26/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ya see, im aware of negative effects on the mind, that wont effect the amount i eat anytime soon, if there were harsh side effects on the body like what nitrous oxide, dxm, pcp, amphetamines then i would drop them... i will do dxm later on down the road because i have never unenjoyed the time on it except for the itches i get from time to time, thats ok though cause the dxm trip is great, i love the robowalk i get...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3182660 - 09/26/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Regularly interfering with your brain's neuro-transmitters and disrupting normal sleep patterns is unlikely to be beneficial to long-term health.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: Swami]
    #3183656 - 09/26/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Regularly interfering with your brain's neuro-transmitters and disrupting normal sleep patterns is unlikely to be beneficial to long-term health.

i don't think it would be detrimental either though. The damage that mushrooms do to you are probably neglible. If you space your trips out by a few weeks then you should be fine.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #3183964 - 09/26/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well, as often as i trip, i think my answer is clear...

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #3184660 - 09/26/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just so you know... in my personal opinion DXM is at least 10 times worse for you than shrooms.  First of all, I don't know about others, but personally I think it's really hard to take anything away from the experience, unlike traditional psychedelics. 

But anyway... like silversoul was saying, the risks assosiated with psychedelic use are only risks in your mind, they are extremely safe drugs physiologically speaking.  Like silversoul said, my mind is always going, and thats one of the effects tripping can have... among other things, all of which have been positive for me.  Bad trips are always a downer but as you get more experience your opinion of bad trips will change, it really is all a learning experience for better or worse. 

Bottom line - quit the DXM... it's doing you no good trust me, I've been there and I regret it.  The classics are where it's at IMO...  :mushroom2:    :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: the free thinker]
    #3184707 - 09/27/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the risks assosiated with psychedelic use are only risks in your mind

Does anyone have any idea whether this is true or not tho? What research has been done on long term psychedelic users to prove any of this?

Trouble is so much of this "evidence" is "my mate says he met a bloke in the pub who knew a guy who heard a story from a guy who heard about a guy who thought he was a glass of orange juice after taking LSD and never came down".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: Xlea321]
    #3184748 - 09/27/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well sure, acid-casualties are a well known fact... just look at Syd Barret... and even though it is horrible that he ended up that way, that doesnt change the fact that it's a risk to the user's mind, and not their body.

Honestly I did the exact same thing as you (the original poster). The first thing I ever tripped on was DXM, and I thought thats what it was like to trip... god man, you have no idea. I did DXM for like a summer straight and it definitely fucked me up a bit and took a while to recover.. but shrooms really ARE too good to be true. (all of the 5-Ht2 agonist psychedelics for that matter) It's completely profound and can in many cases be a life changing experience. But talking about it is so insufficient so I'll shut up... just try it man.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3186548 - 09/27/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Syd Barrett was a schizophrenic tho. He didn't take even remotely as much acid as John Lennon did who never had schizophrenia. I wouldn't call Syd an acid casualty. I think that whole myth got started because it sounds more rock n roll saying "Syd took loads of acid" than saying "He was a schizophrenic".

Everything can be a risk to some peoples minds - people get mentally ill if their girlfriend leaves them, they get mentally ill if their parents die, they get mentally ill if their jobs are stressful. Some people are just susceptible to becoming mentally ill. If you arn't susceptible to mental illness then shrooms, your girlfriend leaving and having a stressful job arn't going to affect you.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTree_Man
Stranger

Loc: MA
    #3186771 - 09/27/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

so, shrooms r'nt addictive at all?

--------------------
If i am me and u r u, who r u?
duct tape is like the force: it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: Tree_Man]
    #3186863 - 09/27/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Uhhh, no.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Are mushrooms bad for you AT ALL??? [Re: Tree_Man]
    #3186884 - 09/27/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tree_Man said:
so, shrooms r'nt addictive at all?

Not unless you have an addictive personality.

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

#3186923 - 09/27/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not quite sure I agree with that. Just because you don't do something every single day like for instance, a pothead who is "addicted" to weed, or a cokehead, etc... it does not mean you are not addicted in another sense. My first time eating mushrooms, I connected with it on such a deep level, and it was so wonderful, I knew I was going to be doing it again. In other words... there was a strong urge to repeat the experience... much like taking Ecstacy, or any drug for that matter.

Psychedelics may be "above other drugs" but in a sense, they are just like every other drug as well, in terms of using them repeatedly. It's just that most people dont trip every single day, for obvious reasons.

To be fair, I do have an addictive personality. But I have observed the same things in friends of mine who do not... and it seems to make sense. Anything enjoyable is "addicting".

--------------------

Edited by the free thinker (09/27/04 03:15 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3186942 - 09/27/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the free thinker said:
Bottom line - quit the DXM... it's doing you no good trust me, I've been there and I regret it.  The classics are where it's at IMO...  :mushroom2:    :heart:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3188072 - 09/27/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Desiring to do something again is not addiction. Words have meaning, you know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate