Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Perlite, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
fanning using a mini-fan
    #3186897 - 09/27/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

how do you create enough air exchange over your fruiting surface?

some fan use the terrarium lid, some use a piece of cardboard, i even heard of someone using a hoover / dustbuster thing. i'm not yet lucky enough to just have a coolmist take care of it all for me .... so i use this:

here's my latest find - it's a handheld fan for fat people to sit on the underground with, in hot weather. also useful for wandering round humid places, like the London butterfly house in Syon Park. (note to self: try to plant mycelium in there).

it's been cleaned, and i keep it in the tent next to my tubs. with a clean hand, i can reach in, grab it, flick it on with my thumb, and hose down the areas with moving air.  :thumbup:

:laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
buh

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fanning using a mini-fan [Re: shirley knott]
    #3187236 - 09/27/04 06:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

your so sweet! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :nut: :smile2: :dumblol: :humpme: :mushroomgrow: :imwithstupid: :pimpslap: :japsmile: :headbanger: :eyeball: :faded:

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
    #3187260 - 09/27/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

kramer has 5 perlite pmps(about $150)...
4 with casings...
he still mist every day though(overkill?) hee hee...

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3187345 - 09/27/04 06:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

When I fanned I used the same type of battery powered personal fan! They work great IME.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fanning using a mini-fan [Re: hyphae]
    #3187377 - 09/27/04 06:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I use a HEPA filter that has a directional output (pointed in a particular direction. Open the door of the closets and point the HEPA in (always sitting in front of the doors anyway) and turn them on high for a few minutes (about 5). I got both HEPA's for just under 50 bucks shipped (seperate ebay purchases). Little mini fans cool for a cheapy way but if you need a little more air, think about a HEPA blower :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Perlite, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation